Page 208 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 1081581982042052062072082092102112122182583087081208 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not talking about stock prices. I'm talking about daily goods and services. I'm already seeing it in business. Got an email from GM that my 2019 truck had a "serious" problem they had detected remotely and to go to my dealer within 7 days. Went in and it turned out to be a fuel flow sensor. The problem? The sensor is made in China and they aren't making them anymore because of covid19. GM doesn't have them and has no idea when they will get them. Dealer said "as long as your truck is working OK, keep driving it'. What happens next time when it makes the truck quit working? The truck is just an analogy. Our whole world supply chain is interconnected.
    your example is another proof the economy has already collapsed

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to uncharted waters.

Cure worse than the cause...
    We are sure about this?

Overreacting is now not preferable.

I am inclined to think this outburst has its roots in the inability of Congress to pass wartime economic measures.
    Yet again, leading by dividing does not work in these types of situations.
    It can get you elected, but when you continually present the us against them method, good luck actually leading an ENTIRE country.

The blue team is obviously concerned that large companies are going to use this to enrich the CEOs and their shareholders. The legislation gave Trump the power to decide which private companies get 500 billion. Trump was asked if he would use it for his own companies. No comment. Why would you trust him. Congress needs to decide who gets the hurt industry money and how it is used. This is supposed to be a stimulus, not a bank robbery. The distrust after 2008 in which many got themselves rich lingers. Especially with all the transparency this fck up of a president gives us.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet Another study indicates the worst outbreaks of Covid in areas with colder dry(relative humidity) weather. This coincides with studies that suggests cold dry climates lead to respiratory viral problems because airways are easier to infect when cells are not well covered with the natural mucus layer that removes all the crap we get in our airwaves including viruses.

Suggestion: This might get better with seasonal change.

Im just throwing this stuff out there, we can hope. Many other viruses follow this pattern as we know(cold and flu season)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a difference between wrecking an economy and allowing tens of thousands of your own citizens to die. Economies can be rebuilt, the dead can't be revived.
    In Capitalism, there is no other calculation but amassing more Capital. Humans and environment are not in that calculation.

The Theory of Firm says exactly that.

We are hearing the Capitalists (of BigFinance) who have have taking 95% of all growth of wealth since THEIR Banksters Great Depression, whining, moaning, ing, complaining about their loss in their 95% slice of the GROWTH of their wealth due to the pandemic.

They simply don't care if Labor sickens and dies from ending social distancing too soon, weeks maybe months too soon.

They really don't care if the vulnerable 65+ year olds die by the 100Ks, purged, since those people are not producing wealth for their Capital.

They will also threaten people back to work by threatening to evict tenants and repossessing cars, homes, etc for non-payment.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never bet against America.
    Trump - standing next to Putin in Helsinki: “Intel says it was russia- I believe Putin and i side with russia.

Darrin: “ready to swallow- boss!”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Governments make cuts as well to maximize profits of their own to spend on other bull to buy votes. Why no mention of South Korea? 11 beds per every person, despite them being a healthier country overall. We have 2.8 beds per person.

Or are those trillions that could have been used to build hospitals, train medical personnel, and buy supplies better spent on F35s and nation building in Iraq?
    Well I'm sure South Korea thanks us for spending those trillions on defense so they could use their money to build 11 beds per person.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I'm sure South Korea thanks us for spending those trillions on defense so they could use their money to build 11 beds per person.
    Plus SK has been living under the shadow of NK's massive artillery trained on them. They probably anticipated those beds being used in a war type situation.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trillions sounds a little high tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My prediction, within a week loan kiter in chief is going to hold a press conference announcing people should be able to go back to work in a week or two. Fauci loses his and is fired on national TV.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moscow mitch on the floor GASLIGHTING america- rt now

Schumer better go up there and expose exactly what mitch and the criminal president inserted in the bill - 500 billion of free money for trump and his criminal family

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My prediction, within a week loan kiter in chief is going to hold a press conference announcing people should be able to go back to work in a week or two. Fauci loses his and is fired on national TV.
    I expect Fauci to be fired from Trash / Pence TV bull shows, and later, quietly transferred or fired completely

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The turtle on tv with the crocodile tears.

pls give my rich pals all the money

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup - good one

i also predict cult sheeple will actually drink trumps poison obediently!

MAGA! Finally!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The turtle on tv with the crocodile tears.

pls give my rich pals all the money
    McConnell is pure ing evil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coronavirus pandemic is accelerating as cases eclipse 350,000, WHO says
    PUBLISHED MON, MAR 23 202012:03 PM EDTUPDATED MOMENTS AGO
    Berkeley Lovelace Jr.
    @BERKELEYJR
    Noah Higgins-Dunn
    @HIGGINSDUNN
    William Feuer
    @WILLFOIA
    GP: Coronavirus World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
    World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus gestures during a daily press briefing on COVID-19 virus at the WHO headquaters on March 2, 2020 in Geneva.
    Fabrice Coffrini | AFP | Getty Images
    The coronavirus pandemic that’s spread to nearly every country in the world is picking up pace, the World Health Organization said Monday, as global cases eclipsed 350,000 and deaths soared past 15,000.

“The pandemic is accelerating,” WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said at a press briefing from the organization’s Geneva headquarters. “It took 67 days from the first reported case to reach 100,000 cases, 11 days for second 100,000 cases, and just four days for the third 100,000 cases.”

Tedros said he’ll be asking the G20, the international group of government and central bank leaders, to ramp up production of personal protective equipment for doctors and nurses and to avoid placing export bans on the life-saving gear.

“We need unity among the G20 countries who have more than 80% of the global GDP,” he said. “If we don’t prioritize protecting health workers, many people will die because the health worker who could have saved their lives is sick.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can still meet up. Should I bring a condom?

My abdominal pain was horrendous yesterday, but under control yet still there today, especially when I get near the end of the 8 hours in between 1000mg of acetomenophin I take 3x day. I got up to 100.8 yesterday but have stayed below 100 today. Don't feel there's much chance I'll need to go to the ER today at least.

So do you have to be in really bad shape to get a Corona test still?
    You still alive bb?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't disagree with that. It's probably not going to happen, but "pandemic response" or disease response in general needs to become a part of "national defense." Our yearly defense budget is around 1 trillion. Now instead of that 1 trillion going completely toward researching and building planes, bombs, and other crap to fight goat farmers with AK47s, half that needs to be allotted to building up hospitals and funding research into this area. This has screwed us up more than any Muslim terrorist attack or Cold War pissing match ever did. It can never, ever happen again. This will not be the last pandemic. And what if next time, something like a MERS-2 (in the family of coronaviruses) gets out with its 10 percent mortality rate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coronavirus pandemic is accelerating as cases eclipse 350,000, WHO says
    PUBLISHED MON, MAR 23 202012:03 PM EDTUPDATED MOMENTS AGO
    Berkeley Lovelace Jr.
    @BERKELEYJR
    Noah Higgins-Dunn
    @HIGGINSDUNN
    William Feuer
    @WILLFOIA
    GP: Coronavirus World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
    World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus gestures during a daily press briefing on COVID-19 virus at the WHO headquaters on March 2, 2020 in Geneva.
    Fabrice Coffrini | AFP | Getty Images
    The coronavirus pandemic that’s spread to nearly every country in the world is picking up pace, the World Health Organization said Monday, as global cases eclipsed 350,000 and deaths soared past 15,000.

“The pandemic is accelerating,” WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said at a press briefing from the organization’s Geneva headquarters. “It took 67 days from the first reported case to reach 100,000 cases, 11 days for second 100,000 cases, and just four days for the third 100,000 cases.”

Tedros said he’ll be asking the G20, the international group of government and central bank leaders, to ramp up production of personal protective equipment for doctors and nurses and to avoid placing export bans on the life-saving gear.

“We need unity among the G20 countries who have more than 80% of the global GDP,” he said. “If we don’t prioritize protecting health workers, many people will die because the health worker who could have saved their lives is sick.”
    Sure, because testing is accelerating. We also need to examine how it's accelerating on a percentage basis day over day rather than the simple metric of "50,000 new cases confirmed!"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Schumer not taking the bait, saying there will be a deal - but there must be oversight on the money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Schumer not taking the bait, saying there will be a deal - but there must be oversight on the money.
    You would think these so-called fiscally conservative Republicans would sympathize, but they'll never pass up a chance to enrich their donors while simultaneously ting on Democrats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keep doing your thing, MAGAts

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You still alive bb?
    まだ死んだことがないんです。

Actually feel ok today. First time I have been able to really sit up like a normal person these last three days. It feels amazing to not be stuck lying in bed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, because testing is accelerating. We also need to examine how it's accelerating on a percentage basis day over day rather than the simple metric of "50,000 new cases confirmed!"
    IMO best metric to look at will be mortality. They’ll be some lag, week or two, but that’s the canary in the coal mine for recovering to me.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would think these so-called fiscally conservative Republicans would sympathize, but they'll never pass up a chance to enrich their donors while simultaneously ting on Democrats.
    pretty much

pelosi and mnuchin had a deal and the WH was on board already-
    but moscow mitch took the weekend off- crafted his own DONOR approved bill
    and came back to gaslight

mitch is assuming dems will cave because of people dying- so that he can pass another theft of the usa’s piggy bank for his donors

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty insane that we are almost at 40k cases and almost half of those are from New York alone. Pray for me ya’ll.

Thread Information