Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 7567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like his count was worthwhile before the government started paying for fake death counts.
    LOL 9/11 Truther is COVID Truther too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not fascist cos a guy wrote an essay
    or because i dont subscripe to any of the descriptions of it, even by the definition you posted. i thought to better your understanding of what fascism is, it would be useful for you to read up on it just a little

BTW, you fall into a lot of those categories at a glance.
    which ones?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your point was that you think all the executive orders are democratic.
    That's laughable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your point was that you think all the executive orders are democratic.
    That's laughable.
    executive orders are a legal function of the executive branch. that doesnt mean i think all executive orders are democratic, because there are legal limits to what those executive orders can or cant do. if they overreach, it's no good. it's not an all-or-nothing paradigm

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or because i dont subscripe to any of the descriptions of it, even by the definition you posted. i thought to better your understanding of what fascism is, it would be useful for you to read up on it just a little

which ones?
    I think you think if you don't join a political party in an official capacity and work toward the ins ution of a supreme leader that'll then benefit you, then you you think you'll never be fascist no matter what oppressive stuff you support. This is what Hollywood has taught you.

TheGreatYacht

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, not really

the protests were much bigger than the riots/looting. trump has conflated the protestors with the rioters on multiple occasions
    Indistinguishable. One begets the other. Stop pretending you know the difference.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indistinguishable. One begets the other. Stop pretending you know the difference.
    Troglodyte Lite.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL 9/11 Truther is COVID Truther too.
    That you think "truther" is an insult.

TheGreatYacht

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TheGreatYacht
    You don't think it's an insult.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is complete horse .

they are distinguished by whether or not they provoke/initiate violence

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't think it's an insult.
    It's not. It's not like you don't know about the shadiness of it all at this point either, libertarian blakeline bum.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TheGreatYacht
    Snowflakery has me blocked. The truth triggers Chumpettes

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    executive orders are a legal function of the executive branch. that doesnt mean i think all executive orders are democratic, because there are legal limits to what those executive orders can or cant do. if they overreach, it's no good. it's not an all-or-nothing paradigm
    Indeed. And last I checked, creating effective laws is not the job of executives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is complete horse .

they are distinguished by whether or not they provoke/initiate violence
    And you could tell them apart. deciding after the fact is a real good means of prevention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you think if you don't join a political party in an official capacity and work toward the ins ution of a supreme leader that'll then benefit you, then you you think you'll never be fascist no matter what oppressive stuff you support. This is what Hollywood has taught you.
    speak english

i dont consider myself fascist because i dont support an oppressive government that puts certain individuals/groups down and gives power to an autocratic few, nor can my worldview be described by the the framework laid out in Eco's work, which is held up in the academic community as one of the more apt descriptions of fascism

which of the 14 categories do you claim i fall into?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'I think you think' is English.

Also at you lashing out that I need to speak English as you don't capitalize it.

Grammar fascist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you could tell them apart. deciding after the fact is a real good means of prevention.
    you can tell both in real time and after the fact

pretending that non-violent protestors and violent rioters are indistinguishable is adorable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'I think you think' is English.

Also at you lashing out that I need to speak English as you don't capitalize it.

Grammar fascist.
    i made a light jab then gave a substantive response. now you're caught up trying to get into a slap fight.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i made a light jab then gave a substantive response. now you're caught up trying to get into a slap fight.
    The fascism thing is a slap fight to get away from whatever we were talking about.
    Though in some fairness, it is a loaded word.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fascism thing is a slap fight to get away from whatever we were talking about.
    you're the one who called me fascist to begin with, then buckled when asked to substantiate how exactly you think i'm a fascist. you even have a list of 14 categories and cant ascribe a single one to me

good talk

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're the one who called me fascist to begin with

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which of the 14 categories do you claim i fall into?
    1. "The Cult of Tradition", characterized by cultural syncretism, even at the risk of internal contradiction.
    Contradictions abound.

2. "The Rejection of modernism", which views the rationalistic development of Western culture since the Enlightenment as a descent into depravity. Eco distinguishes this from a rejection of superficial technological advancement, as many fascist regimes cite their industrial potency as proof of the vitality of their system.
    Definitely lots of appeals to how great Obamanomics are as freedoms were trampled.

3. "The Cult of Action for Action's Sake", which dictates that action is of value in itself, and should be taken without intellectual reflection. This, says Eco, is connected with anti-intellectualism and irrationalism, and often manifests in attacks on modern culture and science.
    Like right out of your plandemic playbook. TheGreatYacht

4. "Disagreement Is Treason" – Fascism devalues intellectual discourse and critical reasoning as barriers to action, as well as out of fear that such analysis will expose the contradictions embodied in a syncretistic faith.
    Censoring viewpoints good; keeps us safe

5. "Fear of Difference", which fascism seeks to exploit and exacerbate, often in the form of racism or an appeal against foreigners and immigrants.
    Yup. Except in the form of "reverse racism"

6. "Appeal to a Frustrated Middle Class", fearing economic pressure from the demands and aspirations of lower social groups.
    You don't do this one directly so much. But you desperately try to paint your enemies with this brush. So not exactly high ground.

7. "Obsession with a Plot"
    Muh Russia

8. Fascist societies rhetorically cast their enemies as "at the same time too strong and too weak."
    TDS 101

9. "Pacifism is Trafficking with the Enemy" because "Life is Permanent Warfare"
    Muh Putin

10. "Contempt for the Weak", which is uncomfortably married to a chauvinistic popular elitism, in which every member of society is superior to outsiders by virtue of belonging to the in-group.
    You may think you don't fall into this category. But you shouldn't underestimate your overlords' contempt of the weak. BLM is corporate funded and enacted at every level. And they have nothing but contempt for their lesser thans and want you to virtue signal so that we can forget this fact.

Also at where you fall at the end of the day in any event.

11. "Everybody is Educated to Become a Hero", which leads to the embrace of a cult of death. As Eco observes, "[t]he Ur-Fascist hero is impatient to die. In his impatience, he more frequently sends other people to death."

12. "Machismo", which sublimates the difficult work of permanent war and heroism into the sexual sphere. Fascists thus hold "both disdain for women and intolerance and condemnation of nonstandard sexual habits, from chas y to sexuality."
    Historically, "machismo" wasn't an aberration distinct to fascism. This point pretty much tells us that the system gets to decide what fascism is. Ironically, you and your mentor have often lashed out, claiming that you don't fit into a narrow definition of definition. But look at this guy just making sh** up for the sake of his narrative.

But I'll say that the left has their own "machismo" at this point. If you're black, gay, etc. you're gold as the fold. If you're hetero white male, bend the knee, . TheGreatYacht

13. "Selective Populism" – The People, conceived monolithically, have a Common Will, distinct from and superior to the viewpoint of any individual. As no mass of people can ever be truly unanimous, the Leader holds himself out as the interpreter of the popular will (though truly he dictates it). Fascists use this concept to delegitimize democratic ins utions they accuse of "no longer represent[ing] the Voice of the People."
    Black Lives Matter: Heroes at play.
    White Live Matter and/or All Lives Matter: that guy.

14. "Newspeak" – Fascism employs and promotes an impoverished vocabulary in order to limit critical reasoning.
    Mmm. I'm sure you haven't made fun of those "Karens" TheGreatYacht
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 06-30-2020 at 11:20 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're the one who called me fascist to begin with, then buckled when asked to substantiate how exactly you think i'm a fascist. you even have a list of 14 categories and cant ascribe a single one to me

good talk
    Not at all. I only had time to laugh at you. Serving you your ass on a platter needed to be done after dinner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, look; someone told you. Now you're clutching your pearls.
    oh look, another "somebody said"...

Thread Information