Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because I look at his game and think this dude always had the talent and skill to be the #1 PF in the league but he doesn't seem motivated to be the best sometimes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had pretty stiff compe ion, so that's really not a big knock against him even if he never was the best at his position. He was definitely top 3 though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is a borderline HoFer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the 14-15 season? He delayed surgery and went MVP mode in the 2nd half of the season

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only guys you can say was better than LMA at his position from '17-'19 is Anthony Davis and Giannis. I would say in the '18-'19 season that LMA was better than Davis since he lead his team to the playoffs while Davis didn't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is a borderline HoFer.
    He'll get in. I have always have had a rule that if a player has made it to 6 or more all-star games then they are an HOFER. LMA has already gotten into 7 all-star games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2015-'16 could be remembered as his best year, tbh. After being the most sought after free agent on the market he helped lead his new team to a 67 win season, and actually played better in the playoff loss to OKC than Kawhi. His advanced stats in that series were better than Durant and Westbrook too, but unfortunately age had finally caught up to the Big 3, and the Spurs couldn't hang with the younger Thunder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His best season in Portland (2014?) where he was an all star, he was probably 2nd to Kevin Love (since the previous year guys like Sir Charles were saying he was the best PF in the league. Also, IIRC, the Blazers faced the Spurs in the playoffs and he held his own against TD:

https://www.basketball-reference.com...-vs-spurs.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, there were so many great power forwards during his era. He kind of came in at the tail end, but there were so many great ones that he didn't get noticed during his best years even though he was a dominant player.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was he ever better than Tim Duncan? That cuts out a lot of years. I’m going to guess no.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    no.

Spurs International Expert gilmor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was he ever better than Tim Duncan? That cuts out a lot of years. I’m going to guess no.
    Duncan is possibly 3-4 times better than Aldridge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2015-'16 could be remembered as his best year, tbh. After being the most sought after free agent on the market he helped lead his new team to a 67 win season
    the year spurs challenge the warriors for best record in the league, spurs gave up their own chase and allowed them that 70win and that 73 win....to reach that record only to lose to the cavs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were years later in TDs career when he was. , LMA beasted his first year here playing WITH Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure of the year but he looked like the best vs Houston in the playoffs. This is during his Portland years. Hadn’t realized how unstoppable he can be when his jumpers are on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure of the year but he looked like the best vs Houston in the playoffs. This is during his Portland years. Hadn’t realized how unstoppable he can be when his jumpers are on.
    Without looking it up, I believe that was the season before he signed with us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    between 2012-2015 it was between him, Blake Griffin, and Kevin Love. I don't think anything was a consensus and all had legit arguments. All 3 were really good at this time and in their respective physical primes. Looking back I would probably take Aldridge knowing what I know now. He was just the more consistent offensive and defensive threat while Love and Griffin were ridiculous athletes. Love with the rebounding and Griffin with the alley oops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    between 2012-2015 it was between him, Blake Griffin, and Kevin Love. I don't think anything was a consensus and all had legit arguments. All 3 were really good at this time and in their respective physical primes. Looking back I would probably take Aldridge knowing what I know now. He was just the more consistent offensive and defensive threat while Love and Griffin were ridiculous athletes. Love with the rebounding and Griffin with the alley oops.
    LMA was the only defender in the bunch. Tips the scales to him, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was Top 5 in MVP voting once when he was on the Blazers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spent most of his career in the shadow of Timmy and Dirk.

Was probably Top 3 PF from '16-'18 depending upon who you ask.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I forgot he and Tim were teammates at one point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember him throwing up some big numbers against Timmy and the Spurs. I always likened it a bit to Amar'e Stoudemire with the Suns. He'd put up big numbers only to have Timmy beat him.

I was pretty psyched when he became a Spur. I think his legacy here would be different if he wasn't walking in Duncan's huge shadow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember him throwing up some big numbers against Timmy and the Spurs. I always likened it a bit to Amar'e Stoudemire with the Suns. He'd put up big numbers only to have Timmy beat him.

I was pretty psyched when he became a Spur. I think his legacy here would be different if he wasn't walking in Duncan's huge shadow.
    I think the proble is having a PF with another player who can't shoot 3s (DDR)
    That's not going to work

LMA and Lillard was a well balanced duo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the proble is having a PF with another player who can't shoot 3s (DDR)
    That's not going to work

LMA and Lillard was a well balanced duo
    True. It's just a disjointed unit. Murray and his inability to create or run the offense just magnified it this year.

Thread Information