Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take a flyer on Bagley ....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think of Orlando moves Vuc, Boston would be the place in the best position to take him on and be helped by him. They have some assets too. I don't think the Spurs are really interested, I think it's someone name dropping to create more buzz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering Patty and Rudy make close to that amount already, yeah I'd take a shot at Bagley too!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering Patty and Rudy make close to that amount already, yeah I'd take a shot at Bagley too!
    They’d also want picks. Spurs would never do that. Plus Patty isn’t being dumped for salary filler to a garbage team. We all know that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like reading all the ST rumors, but we all know that Patty and Mills will not be moved for a salary dump. And if Aldridge wants out, it will be to a team of his choice.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    la 100% wants out.

don’t really see ORL making a deal with SA because i don’t think they want scraps for vooch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will laugh and laugh if Ainge blows the whole trade exemption situation. Even if he lands Harrison Barnes, he basically gets him for Hayward which is not a good trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’d also want picks. Spurs would never do that. Plus Patty isn’t being dumped for salary filler to a garbage team. We all know that.
    Sure Patty wouldn't be dumped to Sac. Rudy wouldn't either. It's the salary slot. Writers said that teams would be reluctant to deal for Bagley because of salary. If the Spurs went after him it would be in the offseason. We have two players who are expiring that have that kind of salary slot. Getting a Bagley in a Rudy salary slot, I'd take that. Now what would it take? Sac will want picks because they want to build around Fox and Haliburton. Just on salary slot purposes, I'd kick the tires on Bagley with LMA and Rudy on expiring contracts. What Sac would ask is another question.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not generally possible to "dump" expirings anyway. I believe only the Knicks and Thunder have enough room under the cap to absorb Patty outright, and the only benefit to the Spurs would be to make enough room under the tax to sign a few minimum contracts.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    two weeks left...

i haven't looked at cap situations but i could imagine the spurs moving la in a non groundbreaking type move. but where does la even wanna go? just portland or miami? maybe knicks just cause they're large market / in the east?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Negative. He’s a matador defender, and his dad publicly blasted the Kings on Twitter, and demanded they trade him.

No more interfering family members.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Try to move Aldridge or Rudy for whatever you can to acquire picks or rookie contract players. Think lower profile players like Robert Williams more than a Bagley type.

Expiring salary is ideal but short term deals for non cancer vets with the possibility of a buy out is fine to make the money work

anything else is a step in the wrong direction. If there’s no deal to be had (likely), see if we can make the Aldridge off the bench thing work and buy him out before the PO eligibility deadline if he can’t handle it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are the young players the Spurs could target--buy low-ish, but good minutes from them and perhaps unlock unrealized potential? Matisse Thybulle is top of my list. I don't see an obvious deal, tho. I don't think 76ers bite on Gay or Mills plus Weatherspoon for Thybulle, Reed, and two salary dumps.

Aldridge to a third team that sends a player to Philly could work, but that unknown player would have to be very good because Philly would need to send Green, Thybulle, and junk to San Antonio. I don't see that trade either.

Thybulle doesn't set the world on fire, but I like his fit coming off SA bench and allows the front office to double down on a defensive iden y around Murray, White, Vassell, and Poeltl. I give even odds to Chip to make Thybulle into tolerable spot three guy.
    Last edited by Excessive Egotist; 03-10-2021 at 05:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of all the rumors out there, the only ones that i would put any stock into would be those that involve LMA, but there is no way that the spurs are going to take on an albatross contract in exchange and there's also no way they'd get anything of great value in terms of a player. unless the spurs can get an expiring contract and a draft pick for LMA, he probably just rides it out here in SA for the rest of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are the young players the Spurs could target--buy low-ish, but good minutes from them and perhaps unlock unrealized potential? Matisse Thybulle is top of my list. I don't see an obvious deal, tho. I don't think 76ers bite on Gay or Mills plus Weatherspoon for Thybulle, Reed, and two salary dumps.

Aldridge to a third team that sends a player to Philly could work, but that unknown player would have to be very good because Philly would need to send Green, Thybulle, and junk to San Antonio. I don't see that trade either.

Thybulle doesn't set the world on fire, but I like his fit coming off SA bench and allows the front office to double down on a defensive iden y around Murray, White, Vassell, and Poeltl. I give even odds to Chip to make Thybulle into tolerable spot three guy.
    I love how Reed is playing in the G league and think he's worth taking a shot at. He's pretty much doing everything for that Delaware team, and might turn out to be the steal of the second round. At this point, I'd even offer Lonnie for him straight up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't do the Walker straight up trade, but Reed is the sort of "throw in" that could convert to great value.

Someone on the board can correct me if this is mistaken, but I think we'd have to include one of our two-ways in a deal if we bring back a two-way from another team. That's why I mention Weatherspoon in the above post.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how Reed is playing in the G league and think he's worth taking a shot at. He's pretty much doing everything for that Delaware team, and might turn out to be the steal of the second round. At this point, I'd even offer Lonnie for him straight up.
    These are the kind of posts that make this place unreadable.

At this point?

I mean seriously this makes no sense. You want to trade a guy who’s right at the beginning of panning out and a borderline starter that’s showing glimpses of producing for a guy who can’t crack the main roster but looks good on a G team. And you want to do this “straight up”.

Because that is somehow a net positive?

Every day is new scenario where we take two steps back for one step forward because “at this point” it’s super smart to hand over a guy we’ve developed for 3 years for a guy who looks good on a farm team.

I have to wonder if you guys would take that same approach to upgrading woman or a job.

Gonna take that McD’s manager for our soon to be graduating law office intern. Dude is killing it on those Big Macs “at this point”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are the kind of posts that make this place unreadable.

At this point?

I mean seriously this makes no sense. You want to trade a guy who’s right at the beginning of panning out and a borderline starter that’s showing glimpses of producing for a guy who can’t crack the main roster but looks good on a G team. And you want to do this “straight up”.

Because that is somehow a net positive?

Every day is new scenario where we take two steps back for one step forward because “at this point” it’s super smart to hand over a guy we’ve developed for 3 years for a guy who looks good on a farm team.

I have to wonder if you guys would take that same approach to upgrading woman or a job.

Gonna take that McD’s manager for our soon to be graduating law office intern. Dude is killing it on those Big Macs “at this point”.
    Reed's in the G league to get playing time and experience, rather than sitting behind Joel Embiid, who's an MVP candidate, and Tobias Harris. It's not a matter of not being able to crack the roster. As a 6'9' switchable big with a 7'2" wingspan, Reed fills a need for the Spurs. He has the potential to be a Brandon Clarke type guy.

What makes you say Walker is "beginning to pan out?" His raw numbers are pretty mediocre, and his advanced stats are terrible. And with White, DJ, Vassell, & TJ, Walker's starting to look like the odd man out who will soon be looking for his first post-rookie contract.

Would you have found a post from a rival team last year saying they'd trade a bench guy with bad numbers for Keldon Johnson so horrifying?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of all the rumors out there, the only ones that i would put any stock into would be those that involve LMA, but there is no way that the spurs are going to take on an albatross contract in exchange and there's also no way they'd get anything of great value in terms of a player. unless the spurs can get an expiring contract and a draft pick for LMA, he probably just rides it out here in SA for the rest of the season.
    Word on the street is that LMA will not join the team, post ASB. If he’s not traded, that would mean a buyout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think of Orlando moves Vuc, Boston would be the place in the best position to take him on and be helped by him. They have some assets too. I don't think the Spurs are really interested, I think it's someone name dropping to create more buzz.
    Boston wants Harrison Barnes. He fits their timeline, rolling off with Kamba in 2023, and fits in their TE without sending anyone back. His contract would keep them under the apron.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reed's in the G league to get playing time and experience, rather than sitting behind Joel Embiid, who's an MVP candidate, and Tobias Harris. It's not a matter of not being able to crack the roster. As a 6'9' switchable big with a 7'2" wingspan, Reed fills a need for the Spurs. He has the potential to be a Brandon Clarke type guy.

What makes you say Walker is "beginning to pan out?" His raw numbers are pretty mediocre, and his advanced stats are terrible. And with White, DJ, Vassell, & TJ, Walker's starting to look like the odd man out who will soon be looking for his first post-rookie contract.

Would you have found a post from a rival team last year saying they'd trade a bench guy with bad numbers for Keldon Johnson so horrifying?
    I appreciate the argument and perspective but you’re undervaluing Lonnie and over valuing Reed.

Cracking the rotation actually means something and I get the value of going down for PT but at the same if you’re going to value him as an equal trade with Lonnie it’s a stretch and unnecessary leap to make a deal for a guy who hasn’t proven anything on the main stage.

That’s just not smart trading. We don’t need to take risks like that “at this point”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I appreciate the argument and perspective but you’re undervaluing Lonnie and over valuing Reed.

Cracking the rotation actually means something and I get the value of going down for PT but at the same if you’re going to value him as an equal trade with Lonnie it’s a stretch and unnecessary leap to make a deal for a guy who hasn’t proven anything on the main stage.

That’s just not smart trading. We don’t need to take risks like that “at this point”.
    Let's revisit in a year. Have you watched Reed play this year? Is there any chance you're over-valuing Walker?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trust the process

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did i just get a notification that Aldrige is gone??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did i just get a notification that Aldrige is gone??
    What media? I checked the Spur Twitter feed, and nothing.

Thread Information