Page 93 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 3349
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I liked everything about BP except the villain.
    wat

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    WandaVision didn't quite stick the landing, but there might have been a little contrivance to introduce the Darkhold MacGuffin into the more cinematic part of the MCU. It could be a vehicle for tying some of the characters from shows who have had experience with it in particular or Darkforce in general -- AoS, Agent Carter, Cloak and Dagger, The Runaways (though The Runaways plotline is a little too stupid to integrate fully IMO) but I'm probably just fanboying Ghost Rider and Cloak. More likely there are a lot of existing MCU characters or ones to be introduced that have some connection to it. Zemo could figure out how to make a (new) Blackout to things up in FaWS, for example. Dr. Strange, Blade, even Moribus and Venom can have ties to this dumb book going forward.

Also yes, it's hard to believe anyone in the MCU could see Wanda as anything but an unstable threat after Lagos and this. She's getting stupidly overpowered like Captain Marvel at this point. She should be nerfed a bit by Karl Mordo or something. Otherwise they're going to have to put her and Danvers on the moon to make clocks.

Lazy writing and several red herrings that all were revealed and were pretty disappointing (Dottie just being some rando, Hayward just being a asshole instead of Mephisto, Fake Pietro etc) derailed solid work from Hahn, Bettany, and Olsen, too bad. WandaVision is still 4/5 all things considered.

I think they've done a good job building up her power-set over the course 4 movies and a show. Danvers was too much too soon, we just met her then she's bringing Thanos to his knees after Thor got his ass stomped? Its going to get harder in the future to incorporate them into stories when they're both this strong though

Wanda just needs to recreate a little hex around that house she got and have her family there. No need to kidnap and brainwash another town again.
    I legit thought that that was what was going to happen when they were walking back home. Her shrinking the Hex to encapsulate her house when she can come and go as she pleases but still has her family.

he was stronger than her as long as the plot needed him to be. As soon as that was over he somehow forgot he is strong and can move fast.

Anyone that starts thinking about the last episode will realize it's a bad episode.
    That was bad writing tbh. She can absorb a bullet and take a direct shot from Wanda but gets locked up by fake QS because he's wearing an enchanted necklace? That and Hayward were pretty bad but Olsen and Bettany almost single handedly save it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/wanda...214556519.html

They go down there to get the book, and they’re reaching for the book, and the rabbit hops up in front of the book, and they’re like, ‘Oh, it’s Señor Scratchy. He’s the best,’ and they like reach over to pet him and he hisses and then this whole “American Werewolf in London” transformation happens and the rabbit turns into this big demon.
    I see that as a confirmation that Mephisto was pulling strings behind the scenes ala Thanos w/ Loki in Avengers.

The kids definitely didn't just disappear like Vision did, nor were they sent to a different reality. Mephisto's got em.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Did you learn a great message from watching Black Panther?

Do share.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I've watched it 4 times and been ridiculously entertained every time.
    I can buy all of that.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Did you learn a great message from watching Black Panther?

Do share.
    Sure.

It triggers you three years later.

Because they're black people.

Great message.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Thought it ended up being a two dimensional character with Jordan annoyingly trying to be a tough guy from the hood.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    weeeeaaak. MCU has hit so many triples, home runs, and grand slams they refuse to acknowledge how insanely stupid and DC-esque they were regarding Mandarin. We can't let them retcon the error of their ways.

you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    probably been posted already, but still relevant.

”She’s not Scarlet Witch, she’s a evil Scarlet Witch!”

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    That dude is getting laiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiid

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Still disappointed that they took the easy way out with Agatha's character tbh. Thought they were setting her up to be the anti-hero of the series, which actually made more sense.

-Her mother and cover turned on her because she was too powerful (possibly, because they thought that she was the scarlett witch). She survives and becomes one of the most powerful witches, living until present day.

-She senses the witchcraft coming from the hex and investigates, getting close to Wanda to figure out her secrets.

-Once she finds out she's actually the Scarlett Witch, it would've been better if her motivation was to stop her because she realizes that her Mother and coven were right about the Scarlett Witch being too powerful to exist and tries to stop her. Wanda beats her, anyways but they do a better job of showing the negative fall-out of Wanda's actions.

-Would've even made the scene where Wanda turns Agatha back into Agnes better, knowing that Agnes tried to stop her but was silenced. If they are going to make Wanda a villian, anyways, they missed a pretty good opportunity.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Thought it ended up being a two dimensional character with Jordan annoyingly trying to be a tough guy from the hood.
    this 100%

imo he was easily the worst part of the movie. I liked the concept of the character but I felt he came across more bratty than intimidating/sympathetic

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

this 100%

imo he was easily the worst part of the movie. I liked the concept of the character but I felt he came across more bratty than intimidating/sympathetic
    Legit don't get that criticism tbh. His upbringing is what made him Killmonger. He grew up in the hood around so much violence that he became de-sensitized to it. The only person that he cared about was his father, who told him about his heritage. After King T'Chaka came and confronted his brother/ Killmonger's father and his father betrayed and killed, Killmonger grows up with a chip on his shoulder and wanting revenge.

He uses the military to get out, becomes a elite soldier and uses his fathers notes to link up with his former contact, Klaw, who was smuggling Vibranium and weapons out of Wakanda. His father was planning to use the weapons to help overthrow the ruling class and help the oppressed, and is what Killmonger's motivation is, along with ing over Wakanda-- who abandoned him and left him to fend for himself. He pretty much says that he took the training that he got from the U.S military just so he can use it against them.

As far as character motivations go for a villian, I think its pretty great tbh. Had Wakanda not been so isolationist, his father wouldn't have needed to work with Klaw to smuggle weapons out and disobeying the rules. Had T'Chaka taken him back with him, he wouldn't have turned into Killmonger, had he not grown up in Oakland he wouldn't have turned into Killmonger either.

It can be argued that his personality was a fascade, not showing weakness. He legit cries in the ancestral plain after talking with his father, and after being beaten by his cousin, he shows humility and even respect towards T'Challa after realizing that his mission had failed. He cries as he watches the sunset, because it reminds him of his father. He made such an impact on T'Challa that he reconsiders Wakanda's role in the world and decides to share their tech and knowledge with the rest of the world.

He's the most fascinating part of the movie tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/wanda...214556519.html

I see that as a confirmation that Mephisto was pulling strings behind the scenes ala Thanos w/ Loki in Avengers.

The kids definitely didn't just disappear like Vision did, nor were they sent to a different reality. Mephisto's got em.
    Puts the rumor's that the rabbit being Nicolas Scratch (Agatha's son) to rest. Still kinda hope that Hayward turns out to be Mephisto, otherwise he might be the worst villian since the guy from Iron Man 3.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Legit don't get that criticism tbh. His upbringing is what made him Killmonger. He grew up in the hood around so much violence that he became de-sensitized to it. The only person that he cared about was his father, who told him about his heritage. After King T'Chaka came and confronted his brother/ Killmonger's father and his father betrayed and killed, Killmonger grows up with a chip on his shoulder and wanting revenge.

He uses the military to get out, becomes a elite soldier and uses his fathers notes to link up with his former contact, Klaw, who was smuggling Vibranium and weapons out of Wakanda. His father was planning to use the weapons to help overthrow the ruling class and help the oppressed, and is what Killmonger's motivation is, along with ing over Wakanda-- who abandoned him and left him to fend for himself. He pretty much says that he took the training that he got from the U.S military just so he can use it against them.

As far as character motivations go for a villian, I think its pretty great tbh. Had Wakanda not been so isolationist, his father wouldn't have needed to work with Klaw to smuggle weapons out and disobeying the rules. Had T'Chaka taken him back with him, he wouldn't have turned into Killmonger, had he not grown up in Oakland he wouldn't have turned into Killmonger either.

It can be argued that his personality was a fascade, not showing weakness. He legit cries in the ancestral plain after talking with his father, and after being beaten by his cousin, he shows humility and even respect towards T'Challa after realizing that his mission had failed. He cries as he watches the sunset, because it reminds him of his father. He made such an impact on T'Challa that he reconsiders Wakanda's role in the world and decides to share their tech and knowledge with the rest of the world.

i agree completely that the character itself was fantastically written. but imo MBJs acting made him come across as being more bratty than hardened and bitter. he reminded me of nick cannon in that stupid drumming movie.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Sure.

It triggers you three years later.

Because they're black people.

Great message.
    That's not a great message; that's just one of your lazy talking points.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Yeah, the backstory was fine but then he turned into just another silly villain with no more purpose other than just to be mean to everyone and take over wakanda and then the world.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    The best villains are usually always the ones that have a righteous crusade

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    That's not a great message; that's just one of your lazy talking points.
    It's a fantastic message, derp: Trigger worthless racists who have no reason to live.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The best villains are usually always the ones that have a righteous crusade
    not really, a good villian just needs strong character development, the joker never had a righteous crusade, but in most of his iterations he's a fantastic villain

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I kinda wish Alexander Pierce didn’t die tbh

I’m looking forward to ZeMO returning in the Falcon and TWS

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    not really, a good villian just needs strong character development, the joker never had a righteous crusade, but in most of his iterations he's a fantastic villain
    Well yeah, any good characters need strong development. I'm basically talking about my favorite type of villain.

Fwiw, I'd argue that "The Killing Joke" was a righteous crusade.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Loved the Killing Joke

Glad to see that crusade was adapted in The Dark Knight

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    i hope u're talking about the comic and not that ty movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I haven't seen the movie. Even though I have hbomax, I'm still not planning to. I've heard it sucks.

Thread Information