Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s just be done with the talk of getting a 1st for Aldridge. No team is going to do that unless we return a significant rotation player and I don’t see any value in doing that.

To even sniff a lottery pick we’d have to give up two rotation players and a pick of our own.

No one is giving us free .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s just be done with the talk of getting a 1st for Aldridge. No team is going to do that unless we return a significant rotation player and I don’t see any value in doing that.

To even sniff a lottery pick we’d have to give up two rotation players and a pick of our own.

No one is giving us free .
    That's highly likely to be the case. If a team needed cap space though, and wanted to give us a guy like Love or Wiggins that has multiple years on a contract, the Spurs wouldn't trade LMA unless a draft pick is attached. It's not LMA being exchanged for the draft pick, it's the cap space.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a team like Boston who has so many draft picks and a contending team might not care much for a late first round pick. They probably don’t want it as they looking at trying to keep or add experience players to compete for a le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Send him to Boston for a 2nd. Done.

He's likely to be a buyout otherwise. We don't need more players on the roster and it's unlikely to produce a 1st. Grab a second for a stash high ceiling Euro and be happy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston will have a late first and two second round picks I believe - But with the 2022 free agent class being the jewel for many teams they will want to have as much space to get that franchise changing player “Spurs have NO Chance” in getting that type of free agent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's likely to be a buyout otherwise. We don't need more players on the roster and it's unlikely to produce a 1st. Grab a second for a stash high ceiling Euro and be happy.
    Boston has to send us something back, even if they use their trade exception, so they don't go over the luxury tax. So I doubt any pick would be involved in that trade scenario. It would be player swaps. The Spurs would have to want the extra salary in return. If it required them taking on more salary, then hopefully they demand a pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d like Grant Williams from Boston tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OH I agree they won't trade the Minny pick. I meant they could trade their own pick next year. I don't see them trading more than one pick to clear salary cap space and I honestly don't even see them trading either. Wiggins fills a need with Thompson being injured and until they know Thompson is back and 100%, he is their insurance. Plus, if they get two guys in the next draft that contribute and are cheap, they can live with overpaying Wiggins. It's just if there is a draft pick, I could see that as the only scenario.
    In order to get out of paying $30 million, it will require at least two picks or a pick and a young asset that they don't have--other than Wiseman.

It's a fair point on Wiggins, he fills a role, and would take pressure off of Thompson next season. However, with Curry, Thompson, Draymond, and Wiggins are making $30 million plus next season, it all adds up to them being an incredibly expensive team--plus they have to re-sign Oubre and Wiseman is already expensive because he was a high pick.

In other words, they may not have a choice but to move Wiggins. Minnesota's pick isn't likely to convey this season anyways, so they might not be able to get a contributor with that pick to offset Wiggins next season not to mention that pick's salary could be expensive in and of itself.

Besides, they haven't had a great track record of drafting in recent years so it's not necessarily something that they can count on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    19 pages and LMA is still not gone. Lol

He's like herpes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Boston has to send us something back, even if they use their trade exception, so they don't go over the luxury tax. So I doubt any pick would be involved in that trade scenario. It would be player swaps. The Spurs would have to want the extra salary in return. If it required them taking on more salary, then hopefully they demand a pick.
    If they're really five teams in the mix for Aldridge, simply getting a second if I'm Boston would be bad return unless they're prioritizing where he wants to go. Boston can afford to pay more than a second round pick and the Spurs should ask for as much.

Thompson is under contract for next season for almost $10 million, if the Spurs are willing to take him back, it would save Boston money next year and possibly justify the Spurs asking for Boston's 2021 first in return for Aldridge.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s get this rolling already!

GSW: DeRozan, Aldridge, Walker, & SAS 2022 1st
    SAS: Wiggins, Oubre, Wiseman, & the Minny pick

We give up our 1st in 2022 since the Minny pick will be unprotected then. So basically a “pick swap” that year and it will probably be a top 5 pick.

BOS: Gay
    SAS: 2022 2nd

2022 2nd to replace the one we traded a few years back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "LaMarcus Aldridge, San Antonio Spurs
    Just because Jakob Poeltl played his way into Aldridge’s Spurs’ starting job doesn’t mean the seven-time All-Star’s time as an impact player has come to an end. Let’s not forget that he averaged 18.9 points, 7.4 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.6 blocks per game as a starter just last season.

All indications are that his relocation will come via trade, as sources say interested GMs have been told that there are five teams firmly in the mix. Yet as is the case with so many other veterans on this list, the money makes it challenging for contenders to land him without losing roster depth in return. Aldridge is owed $24 million in this final season of his deal."

https://theathletic.com/2450395/2021....co/uQddl0OJDq

"Five teams" "firmly"

In before Mr. Body diminishes the meaning of these words
    Huh?

I never said he wasn't getting traded. What are you on?

I said it was unlikely or impossible that the Spurs would dump him on a terrible, non-playoff team.

What are you talking about?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Let’s get this rolling already!

GSW: DeRozan, Aldridge, Walker, & SAS 2022 1st
    SAS: Wiggins, Oubre, Wiseman, & the Minny pick

We give up our 1st in 2022 since the Minny pick will be unprotected then. So basically a “pick swap” that year and it will probably be a top 5 pick.

BOS: Gay
    SAS: 2022 2nd

2022 2nd to replace the one we traded a few years back.
    that first trade is so laughable, why even post it come on man

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he like the "Gift That Keeps On Giving" and his trade gets us a draft pick...

Your quote had me rolling dude..lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh?

I never said he wasn't getting traded. What are you on?

I said it was unlikely or impossible that the Spurs would dump him on a terrible, non-playoff team.

What are you talking about?
    I'm lightheartedly making fun of you for this post:

No, "level of confidence" is not a high level. It's carefully worded and level means in this sense "at least a little."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No matter what we get for Aldridge, it probably wont be much, the rest of the league will think that we just caved because we couldn't find a deal to our/his liking. Let him wait until after the deadline if necessary to buy him out. He is still likely getting paid the majority of his salary if not all of it. He has made his money, its now about the rings of which he doesn't have one yet.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, that was Steve Smith

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that first trade is so laughable, why even post it come on man
    Laughable for who?? Because I’ve seen people argue it both ways and that’s typically the sign of a decent trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laughable for who?? Because I’ve seen people argue it both ways and that’s typically the sign of a decent trade.
    The Warriors hang up the phone mid-introductory pitch for that trade, that's how bad it is. The only people you might've seen arguing it's laughable for the Spurs to do, are probably homers on this board, and even then I'd love to see a quote and whether it was that specific scenario. It's simply beyond unrealistic.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    you're kidding right? why on earth would the warriors trade away Wiseman and a lotto pick in this year's deep draft plus their SF depth for a worse pick and some expirings plus walker? that is a terrible trade for GSW good trade for SA though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're kidding right? why on earth would the warriors trade away Wiseman and a lotto pick in this year's deep draft plus their SF depth for a worse pick and some expirings plus walker? that is a terrible trade for GSW good trade for SA though.
    A lineup of:

Curry
    Thompson
    DeRozan
    Green
    Aldridge

vet mins and Walker off the bench should be enough to compete. At this point if they don’t do something drastic IMO they have left the contenders conversation. Also Wiseman has underperformed and is owed a ton of $$$$

I also appreciate your positive outlook on the Spurs but the pick we would be giving them will probably be a lottery pick too haha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA + [Young Wings] + An Old Guy + However Many #1 Picks It Takes to get Vooch.

[Young Wings] = Any of Keldon, Derrick, Lonnie, Vassell. To me, DJ is the only truly off limits one. Would rank Keldon and Derrick and the next two important that you try to keep... but if they gotta go, they gotta go. I see Keldon's ceiling being a 17 ppg / 7 rpg guy. By all means, that's a solid player - but I don't see him every approaching Vooch's level.

This assumes we are resigning Demar. If not, just send LMA off for anything and keep rebuilding. John Collins ain't coming tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lineup of:

Curry
    Thompson
    DeRozan
    Green
    Aldridge

vet mins and Walker off the bench should be enough to compete. At this point if they don’t do something drastic IMO they have left the contenders conversation. Also Wiseman has underperformed and is owed a ton of $$$$

I also appreciate your positive outlook on the Spurs but the pick we would be giving them will probably be a lottery pick too haha
    Thompson is out for the season and LA and DeMar are expiring contracts. That line up would never play together even if they make the trade. That’s why your trade idea is so re ed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lineup of:

Curry
    Thompson
    DeRozan
    Green
    Aldridge

Are they also trading for Tristan Thompson? Because Klay isn’t playing anymore this year.

In all seriousness though, to people saying Demar is “an expiring” are totally off base. He would absolutely resign with GSW and a trade like this would be there only way to acquire someone of his caliber. I’d jump at that trade in a heartbeat, and don’t think Golden State hangs up the phone that quickly. Maybe if you drop the Minny and Spurs picks from the equation, you get to something a little more fair.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree but to a certain degree

Not saying Mark Jackson didn't do a good job, but Kerr implement more ball movement, off the ball plays, cutting, all kinds of screens screens making the offense more dangerous

But yeah, good luck winning a le with the T Wolves or Cavs today I agree
    Kerr made some small improvements like you said but it really came down to Curry becoming an MVP player along with Klay becoming the second best SG in the league that catapulted the Warriors to elite status.

Thread Information