My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No...
    There was no way the red team was gonna convict him of anything.
    So you dont think Trump is still a player in the Republican party?
    All one has to do to understand how the "truth" goes in American politics is look at the Clinton impeachment trials. The vote was almost right down the party lines, and there's no way in truth is that arbitrary yet interpreted so uniformly different.

The same happens when the GOP votes on their own people. Truth means nothing, staying in power means everything. Of course some of you think one side is angelic and would never stoop to such lows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    members have told reporters they're scared of their own voters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    members have told reporters they're scared of their own voters.
    Link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile the opposite happened when the GOP was in office

So don't try to tell that it's not a both sides issue. It's all about staying in power. If you believe otherwise, you're part of the problem.

Then there's the Kavanaugh vote

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All one has to do to understand how the "truth" goes in American politics is look at the Clinton impeachment trials. The vote was almost right down the party lines, and there's no way in truth is that arbitrary yet interpreted so uniformly different.

The same happens when the GOP votes on their own people. Truth means nothing, staying in power means everything. Of course some of you think one side is angelic and would never stoop to such lows.
    I would not mind seeing Clinton thrown out. But the charges brought does not compare imo to Trump.
    The red team had to basically not allow witnesses to testify who were right there on the first impeachment, this was egregious act attempting to use a foreign intelligence agency to gain information on the son of a political opponent. He said it right on the phone. It should have been a slam dunk. I cant compare that with Dollar Bill's lying. Now how the woman who brought charges was treated by the Clintons and others was ridiculous. Trump's problem involved a very basic principle in our democracy where witnesses needed to be heard for our whole government. Its coming out anyway. Books are being written about it. History will eventually get how bad this was. I wont even go into Trumps little rape forays and sexual misdeeds, every bit as bad as Bill. , they WERE friends and probably joked about the grabbing of pssy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not mind seeing Clinton thrown out. But the charges brought does not compare imo to Trump.
    The red team had to basically not allow witnesses to testify who were right there on the first impeachment, this was egregious act attempting to use a foreign intelligence agency to gain information on the son of a political opponent. He said it right on the phone. It should have been a slam dunk. I cant compare that with Dollar Bill's lying. Now how the woman who brought charges was treated by the Clintons and others was ridiculous. Trump's problem involved a very basic principle in our democracy where witnesses needed to be heard for our whole government. Its coming out anyway. Books are being written about it. History will eventually get how bad this was. I wont even go into Trumps little rape forays and sexual misdeeds, every bit as bad as Bill. , they WERE friends and probably joked about the grabbing of pssy.
    It's not about Clinton or Trump. It's about the GOP and the DNC. They vote along party lines, they don't even really consider what they are voting on. I didn't think Clinton did anything wrong, maybe an HR mishap but who tells the truth about ing around on their wife? No one. Regardless, they one up each other, and the stakes get higher but the votes keep falling along party lines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not about Clinton or Trump. It's about the GOP and the DNC. They vote along party lines, they don't even really consider what they are voting on.
    Well I do.

And Trump's misdeed was far more important to the country as a whole. Clinton was a criminal question on a individual who was not a political opponent. I would not have minded seeing both in jail though.

There were far more crossovers on actual voting on matters important to the country under Clinton. , the red team forced him to consider slashing welfare and he did.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is amusing. When he was the POTUS you and others here called him a re . He was impeached, what, twice? He barely made it out of the WH a free man. He didn't get a 2nd term. Now you're claiming he's Stalin and wields amazing power.
    LOL can't admit Trump controls the GOP, thinks that Biden and Clinton are hard lefties.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus DMC is taking a beating from logic and reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Texas House is strangling democracy right now, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Texas House is strangling democracy right now, tbh
    Strangling democracy. Sure

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is your explanation for the voting bill, Darrin?

Do you think it was needed tonight?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would you call it? attempting to...?
    What is happening in the Texas Legislature right now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. SB7.

https://legiscan.com/TX/bill/SB7/2021

The Senate violated the Texas Cons ution and its own rules yesterday to revive a dead house bill. They rammed it through the Senate in the dead of night and then broke their own rules again to add new language that wasn't in any previous version of the bill, in a secret comference committee composed only of Republicans.

Right now, they're about to vote on a resolution to go beyond the bounds to introduce that language without debate or public input, at literally the 11th hour.

One of those provisions lowers the standard of proof to overturn elections. If it passes, Texas judges will be able to overturn elections based on mere allegations, without any showing that fraud actually occurred.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our state should not be able to vote in federal elections if this goes forward and becomes the norm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tl;dr

SB7

makes it harder to vote in Texas cities with more than 30,000 people, restricts absentee voting, makes it harder for elderly and sick people to vote, places hypertechnical, unfunded unfunded mandates on election workers and ballot harvesters, enables harrassment election workers by poll watchers, restricts Sunday voting, and requires voter rolls to be scrubbed regularly.

it also makes it easy for Texas judges to overturn elections without any showing of actual fraud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL can't admit Trump controls the GOP, thinks that Biden and Clinton are hard lefties.
    Wrong and wrong.

Neither Biden nor Clinton are hard left. I said as much already by using the term 'fringe" when referring to elements of the left who are more extreme (the squad, etc..).

The members of the GOP who hold legislative power aren't controlled by an ex-president. It's borderline Q to think they are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I do.

And Trump's misdeed was far more important to the country as a whole. Clinton was a criminal question on a individual who was not a political opponent. I would not have minded seeing both in jail though.

There were far more crossovers on actual voting on matters important to the country under Clinton. , the red team forced him to consider slashing welfare and he did.
    That's your own ing problem and has nothing to do with what I was talking about. Never mind the fact your comment is once again nonsensical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong and wrong.

Neither Biden nor Clinton are hard left. I said as much already by using the term 'fringe" when referring to elements of the left who are more extreme (the squad, etc..).

The members of the GOP who hold legislative power aren't controlled by an ex-president. It's borderline Q to think they are.
    lol simple dmc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go yourself. You make broad brush statements and get embarrassed by them. You deserve it. Grow up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you make broad brush statements all the time, profe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tl;dr

SB7

makes it harder to vote in Texas cities with more than 30,000 people, restricts absentee voting, makes it harder for elderly and sick people to vote, places hypertechnical, unfunded unfunded mandates on election workers and ballot harvesters, enables harrassment election workers by poll watchers, restricts Sunday voting, and requires voter rolls to be scrubbed regularly.

it also makes it easy for Texas judges to overturn elections without any showing of actual fraud.
    Where's that link?

You folks go on and on about Q and derp this and that but in reality you're all derps with your own version of Q.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go yourself. You make broad brush statements and get embarrassed by them. You deserve it. Grow up.
    lol simple dmc with his but teh democratic party has gone hard left evidence free assertion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information