Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm not great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY2ylMV2iNk

I hope the Spurs have an out in that contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the timeline of his recovery, the first year has to be guaranteed. You’d think the second year would also unless the Spurs think they’ll know what’s up by the end of year 2, which is doubtful since he’s not playing for year 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcus Morris embarrasses Brian Wright so Brian Wright decides to only sign the highest of high character guys. First, Primo because he was the highest character guy in the draft. Now, McDermott and Collins.

My god.
    As scathing as this post is, I would love to hear your unen bered thoughts if you weren't beholden to sensitively being the founder of the site. And I mean why exactly Wright is the GM here at all, much less when Spurs FO alums are all over the league.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We’re paying him for at least 1 year of rehab, he won’t play 2021-2022. He could recover or never set foot on the court again. At best he’ll have missed three years of development. And we’re paying him 22mill.
    And you thought the DeMarre Carroll signing was stupid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Karrengus complaining to the manager
    I'll get you banned in no time, funny boy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you thought the DeMarre Carroll signing was stupid
    for the vet min maybe . 3/22 fckn spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll get you banned in no time, funny boy
    This has got to be one of the more pathetic threats ever lodged on this forum. And that’s saying something given Koriwhat’s decade long tenure. Congrats on your achievement.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach "might never play again" Collins : AGENT - MARK BARTELSTEIN

DeMarre "I got your money, sucker" Carroll : AGENT - MARK BARTELSTEIN

Doug "how did I get this much money?" McDermott : AGENT - MARK BARTELSTEIN

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/ag...Bartelstein/15

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

spurs bending over for the bartlestein train

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good find

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love spurstalk��������. You boys hate the Spurs so much but can’t leave������ It’s like an abusive relationship ..... leave’em girls��������

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surgeon from that fantasy doctors youtube video June 29:

"You don't know for sure if he will definitely be able to come back from this or not ... This has ended some careers."
    Brian Wright:

"Sounds like some good intel that he'll be a great multi-year signing."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright, so seriously, the second and third years have to be non-guaranteed, right? This also has to be a declining contract, right? You pay guaranteed money up front in exchange for possibly having him at a below market rate the next two years.

I still don't like the signing even if years two and three are unguaranteed with declining money amounts ..... but at least I could better understand the strategy behind the deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright, so seriously, the second and third years have to be non-guaranteed, right? This also has to be a declining contract, right? You pay guaranteed money up front in exchange for possibly having him at a below market rate the next two years.

I still don't like the signing even if years two and three are unguaranteed with declining money amounts ..... but at least I could better understand the strategy behind the deal.
    Declining might put the absolute max for John Collins in jeopardy.

Or maybe the 22 is with unlikely incentives. but those are limited to 15% of the value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You’d think it’d be the opposite to guard against the risk of him never playing again vs returning. Low exposure for rehab year and if he comes back, then he’s earned more than 7MM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Or maybe the 22 is with unlikely incentives. but those are limited to 15% of the value.
    You’d think it’d be the opposite to guard against the risk of him never playing again vs returning. Low exposure for rehab year and if he comes back, then he’s earned more than 7MM.
    Lots of games could be played. For example, what about is "likely" incentives. A pay per game set up of a bonus (say $40,000) for every time he suits up for a game, would be a likely incentive (all he has to to is be healthy to get it, not like winning an award or anything). It would count towards the announced value of the contract as a likely incentive - that's $3.2M per 80 game season. Would take a lot of the sting out of paying him $7M to rehab for a year...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lots of games could be played. For example, what about is "likely" incentives. A pay per game set up of a bonus (say $40,000) for every time he suits up for a game, would be a likely incentive (all he has to to is be healthy to get it, not like winning an award or anything). It would count towards the announced value of the contract as a likely incentive - that's $3.2M per 80 game season. Would take a lot of the sting out of paying him $7M to rehab for a year...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a really good signing and I have no idea why anybody is ing about it. We need a rebuild and that’s going to take 3 years. Pop isn’t going anywhere as a coach (apparently I was wrong on that one) and so that means we are tanking even if we don’t want to tank

So by signing these ty players that only reinforced the TANK. I rather have these POS than the Real Collins at this point. Initially I wanted JCollins but he fixes zero issues. Our issue is that we have no A level talent. Our best player is a B- player in White. How do we get A level talent? You get lucky as and draft it. So yeah we are gonna suck and these signings suck and ZCollins won’t help in any way shape or form. But at this point, we need as many lottery picks as possible to get out man. Meanwhile this ty ass no foot Collins is perfect for us. Locks up money on a player that won’t help and ensures we suck bad.

Btw everyone here was saying no way are we near a Sacramento Kings position and our front office is so much better and blah blah blah. Now they realize that ol Kobe’s Achilles was right on the money and we are a waaaays away from making the playoffs. At the soonest 3 years away apparently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you have to get him to agree to the deal.

Putting the money up front protects him so he can afford to give you a bargain on the back end.

It also earns some trust and may increase your chances of keeping him if he ends up having a nice career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it ain't white, it ain't Wright!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    incentives can't be more than 15% of the total.

Also per the cbafaq section 74 on incentives:

A bonus also cannot be based on the player dressing in uniform or being eligible to play for a specific number of games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you have to get him to agree to the deal.

Putting the money up front protects him so he can afford to give you a bargain on the back end.

It also earns some trust and may increase your chances of keeping him if he ends up having a nice career.
    This man gets it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Current basketball has finally ran past PATFO. It's time for a complete overhaul, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a really good signing and I have no idea why anybody is ing about it. We need a rebuild and that’s going to take 3 years. Pop isn’t going anywhere as a coach (apparently I was wrong on that one) and so that means we are tanking even if we don’t want to tank

So by signing these ty players that only reinforced the TANK. I rather have these POS than the Real Collins at this point. Initially I wanted JCollins but he fixes zero issues. Our issue is that we have no A level talent. Our best player is a B- player in White. How do we get A level talent? You get lucky as and draft it. So yeah we are gonna suck and these signings suck and ZCollins won’t help in any way shape or form. But at this point, we need as many lottery picks as possible to get out man. Meanwhile this ty ass no foot Collins is perfect for us. Locks up money on a player that won’t help and ensures we suck bad.

Btw everyone here was saying no way are we near a Sacramento Kings position and our front office is so much better and blah blah blah. Now they realize that ol Kobe’s Achilles was right on the money and we are a waaaays away from making the playoffs. At the soonest 3 years away apparently.

Tank like Patton (but look good doing it.)

Sign shooters so we can claim to be trying to score enough points to win. Check.

Sign a charity case so we’ll continue to look like wonderful people. Check.

So far so good.

Thread Information