My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if you aren't vaccinated, your chances of being hospitalized for severe covid are much, much higher.

Cost of this healthcare for serious cases, per person: $400,000 a pop, AVERAGE.

Every 2,500 people with serious COVID in the hospital is a BILLION dollars.

the unvaxxed, if they want us to pay for their bills. Exempt them from bankruptcy and make them pay the bills for the rest of their lives.

Average Costs for a COVID-19 Hospital Stay Top $400,000 in Some States: Study
    n the U.S., hospital stays for any reason typically come with bloated bills. But new data show that hospitalization for COVID-19 is on an entirely different level — costing, in many cases, hundreds of thousands of dollars before insurance.

Fair Health, an independent nonprofit that tracks health care costs, recently released an interactive tool that displays state-by-state costs associated with COVID-19 treatment.

“It is notable how widely COVID-19 costs range depending on the severity of the disease,” Robin Gelburd, president at Fair Health, said in an email to Money. The amounts billed by hospitals can vary widely based on where the treatment is taking place as well.

Navigating the potential costs for COVID-19 hospitalization (or any hospital stay) can be incredibly confusing. In its study, Fair Health breaks down the hospitalization charges in different states into “complex” and “noncomplex” COVID-19 cases. It defines complex cases as “the most serious” ones, which require admission to an intensive care unit (ICU) and/or a ventilator. Noncomplex cases include hospital admission but not an ICU visit or a ventilator.

Location matters almost as much as the severity of the illness. The most expensive states for treatment for complex COVID-19 cases have the following average costs:

Nevada: $472,213
    California: $461,780
    Alaska: $417,208
    Texas: $378,052
    New Jersey: $377,198
    Article:
    https://money.com/covid-19-hospital-cost-by-state/

Linked study:
    https://www.fairhealth.org/states-by...ovid19-heatmap
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 11-15-2021 at 09:09 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Freedom has a cost.

Ma body ma choice.

Cheers

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Freedom has a cost.

Ma body ma choice.

Cheers
    I would be ok with a vax mandate for all over 18.
    Cheers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your broke ass isn't paying anyone's bills

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I would say the healthcare/insurance industry itself is more to blame in this instance than the unvaccinated tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Subsidized HC bad now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I would say the healthcare/insurance industry itself is more to blame in this instance than the unvaccinated tbh
    Exactly. They hit smokers and other high risk groups. Let them figure it out.

Thread Information