Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t claim to know the motive and didn’t call it a terrorist attack.

Calling it an attack isn’t jumping to conclusions, he killed them on purpose.
    I was merely pointing out why the comparison with two actual terror attacks (which you brought up, not me) is not "the same".

Those attacks included premeditation, planning, etc, and we don't know any of that about this one, so it's indeed jumping to conclusions.

It may very well be that we find out his motive was to kill random people, and this wasn't a heat of the moment type of thing, but we just haven't yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't really matter. It's just a talking point between political adversaries. The guy will get life in prison or maybe the death penalty if that state has it, cannot recall. His motive is meaningless otherwise. If you just want to chalk up a W in the "had a terrorist attack on your watch" score sheet, you probably will regardless and if you want to avoid that W, you'll ignore it regardless.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I was merely pointing out why the comparison with two actual terror attacks (which you brought up, not me) is not "the same".

Those attacks included premeditation, planning, etc, and we don't know any of that about this one, so it's indeed jumping to conclusions.

It may very well be that we find out his motive was to kill random people, and this wasn't a heat of the moment type of thing, but we just haven't yet.
    Again, I’m not calling this a terrorist attack. Simply an attack. He accelerated and purposely swerved to kill random people. It was an attack, it wasn’t a car crash.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    It doesn't really matter. It's just a talking point between political adversaries. The guy will get life in prison or maybe the death penalty if that state has it, cannot recall. His motive is meaningless otherwise. If you just want to chalk up a W in the "had a terrorist attack on your watch" score sheet, you probably will regardless and if you want to avoid that W, you'll ignore it regardless.
    It doesn’t really matter how CNN or MSNBC classifies it but I’ll still continue to question other posters that say it’s fine for them to just call it a car crash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it doesn't matter. Or at least, it won't matter once it gets to a jury. Some people just can't stop feeling slighted by the big bad MSM...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn’t really matter how CNN or MSNBC classifies it but I’ll still continue to question other posters that say it’s fine for them to just call it a car crash.
    It is fine for them to call it that. They are political tools for the left. There's no debate on this. Fox will call it a terrorist attack. Neither side has a clue about it, they only have their marching orders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, I’m not calling this a terrorist attack. Simply an attack. He accelerated and purposely swerved to kill random people. It was an attack, it wasn’t a car crash.
    You call it whatever you want. You clearly already made up your mind, tbh... As I said, I'm not here to defend him or the MSM, I was simply pointing out why the comparison to the two actual terror attacks was not the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it doesn't matter. Or at least, it won't matter once it gets to a jury. Some people just can't stop feeling slighted by the big bad MSM...
    When your "news source" is tailored to keep you believing in their version of truth based on what political party they answer to, Americans should feel slighted. This seems obvious when someone in the press makes an off color remark. Why is fabricating facts or spinning tragedy to suit political narrative ok? If you listen to one MSM source, you get the idea soon they are heavily biased so you go to another, and then another. You begin to see that it's not news as much as it's just customized facts made to order. The MSM ignores the moderates, they only focus on the extreme left or right. Those are their customers. By doing this and then reporting on what the other side is saying, they guarantee business for both sides. John Nash would be proud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which poster justified the MSM using whatever term they used? link?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    You call it whatever you want. You clearly already made up your mind, tbh... As I said, I'm not here to defend him or the MSM, I was simply pointing out why the comparison to the two actual terror attacks was not the same.
    Those two were called attacks immediately after they happened. They weren’t referred to as mere car crashes at any point. Terrorist attack label came later after more facts came out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When your "news source" is tailored to keep you believing in their version of truth based on what political party they answer to, Americans should feel slighted. This seems obvious when someone in the press makes an off color remark. Why is fabricating facts or spinning tragedy to suit political narrative ok? If you listen to one MSM source, you get the idea soon they are heavily biased so you go to another, and then another. You begin to see that it's not news as much as it's just customized facts made to order. The MSM ignores the moderates, they only focus on the extreme left or right. Those are their customers.
    This is easily remedied by not consuming the MSM, or social media, which has the same faults, etc... if we're frank here, there has always been catering to the confirmation bias crowd. It's on the person to challenge their own assumptions and grow as an individual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is easily remedied by not consuming the MSM, or social media, which has the same faults, etc... if we're frank here, there has always been catering to the confirmation bias crowd. It's on the person to challenge their own assumptions and grow as an individual.
    Sure, and COVID is easily remedied by social distancing, masks, hygiene and vaccination. That doesn't make it easily remedied though, since getting society there is different than getting yourself there.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Which poster justified the MSM using whatever term they used? link?
    It's perfectly acceptable to call it a crash until all the details are sorted out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't know if it was intentional or accident, but they certainly don't apply the caution to other stories. Politics is as politics does.
    List another story you're referring to.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA demanded the press call it an attack when that old lady got her pedals mixed up and plowed over a bunch of people too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I don't care how they classify it just don't call it a crash!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    List another story you're referring to.
    Seriously?

You've been arguing about these for months.

Well not you, you've just ged up threads with your femme quips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is fine for them to call it that. They are political tools for the left. There's no debate on this. Fox will call it a terrorist attack. Neither side has a clue about it, they only have their marching orders.
    What do you think they should call it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously?

You've been arguing about these for months.

Well not you, you've just ged up threads with your femme quips.
    Foldsgiving

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jew hate

Hawley says Soros' prosecutors are the problem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think they should call it?
    "One person was killed and more than 19 others were injured in Charlottesville, Virginia, after a car plowed through a group of counter-protesters who were demonstrating against an alt-right and white nationalist rally." -MSNBC

Didn't see the term "crash" in there.

Here's how they used "crash" in the same story

"Two Virginia State Police officials were also killed when a police helicopter assisting in law enforcement efforts in Charlottesville crashed southwest of the city at around 5 p.m., the state police and FAA said. Foul play is not suspected, according to the state police."

Now pretend professional journalists and editors don't understand the power of words. I fully expect you to dismiss it as semantics.

However, they also did say this...

"Described as a group of "anti-racist protesters" by a witness who took video of the crash, the group of marchers was packed close together at the end of a street near the intersection of Fourth and Water streets in downtown Charlottesville when the car struck."

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Speaking of Foldsgiving…

When has a similar incident of a person purposely killing a bunch of people with a vehicle been called a mere car crash?

What more details are needed for them to call it an attack?

Are you able to call it an attack or do you need more details?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Russia
    Jussie
    Kyle
    on and on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those two were called attacks immediately after they happened. They weren’t referred to as mere car crashes at any point. Terrorist attack label came later after more facts came out.
    At least with the Nice attack, it happened in the evening and the next morning it was claimed. The perpetrator didn't turn himself in, he got into a shootout and was killed. It had all the hallmarks of a pre-planned attack.

Once it was claimed, there was no doubt about motive. And there was really very little time to call it anything else. I'm simply pointing out none of those things happened here, but we'll find out sooner or later what drove him to do what he did.

It's ok, it was a poor comparison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, and COVID is easily remedied by social distancing, masks, hygiene and vaccination. That doesn't make it easily remedied though, since getting society there is different than getting yourself there.
    I can't force anybody else to do the bolded. Much like I can't make people stop watching MSM or eating up social media. That's why I said it's on the individual to recognize they're being played and grow out of it.

Thread Information