My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See what a democratic congress can do!!!!

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See what a democratic congress can do!!!!
    Yeah, their inaction, while picking investigative lint (300 investigations in 100 days) from their belly buttons, has not allowed them to interfere with the economy.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I blame Bush

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tax cuts, deficit reduction (in spite of out-of-control spending by Congress), increased charitable giving, increased incomes, increased productivity, increased employment.

Yep, you can blame it all on the Bush tax cuts and economic policy.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Are you for real?

The markets have had an overall increase since the republicans in congress reduced taxes. Not bad considering president Bush inherited a recession from president Clinton.

How many record highs have we had since recovery? Several!

The democrats in congress haven't been able to screw the taxes yet. When they do, a few years later, the markers will fall again. Count on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thank you brandon

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    much more important For The People is that 500K+ new jobs in Oct

the anti-vax 10Ms will cause another winter pandemic e, further ing themselves and the country

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    note when this thread was made and what happened roughly a year later

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh... Brandon....

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    much more important For The People is that 500K+ new jobs in Oct

the anti-vax 10Ms will cause another winter pandemic e, further ing themselves and the country
    How much of that is just seasonal crap jobs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please, don't jinx

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are you making a prediction?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are you making a prediction?
    Please, don't jinx
    We need it to go down. Reverse the inflation of the last 18-20 months back to 2019 standards, raise interest rates to 2018-19 figures, spend only responsibly not recklessly, eliminate shortages, give homebuyers, carbuyers etc a fair chance at a neutral market with neutral supply and demand rather than the overpriced, record-low inventory BS of the past couple years. Otherwise we'll end up in an outright depression, deeper than 2008-2011

Reward responsible savers, punish reckless stock investors

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need it to go down. Reverse the inflation of the last 18-20 months back to 2019 standards, raise interest rates to 2018-19 figures, spend only responsibly not recklessly, eliminate shortages, give homebuyers, carbuyers etc a fair chance at a neutral market with neutral supply and demand rather than the overpriced, record-low inventory BS of the past couple years. Otherwise we'll end up in an outright depression, deeper than 2008-2011

Reward responsible savers, punish reckless stock investors
    I think you're going to have to wait until the 2nd half of this decade to get your higher interest rates. The Fed will have no choice then.

For now the most they can do is slightly ease QE. They're in a pickle because their pumping of the economy is causing inflation but if they stop pumping the whole show might collapse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much of that is just seasonal crap jobs?
    could be. crap jobs is what America specializes in. poverty wages, no benefits, no future

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    raising interest rates to 2018-9 levels doesn't reward savers, it's virtually the same zero-bound rate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're going to have to wait until the 2nd half of this decade to get your higher interest rates. The Fed will have no choice then.

For now the most they can do is slightly ease QE. They're in a pickle because their pumping of the economy is causing inflation but if they stop pumping the whole show might collapse.
    Agreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think inflation is coming from there, but from an expected, temporary lack of supply driven by the pandemic. Some key areas like chip manufacturing that are affecting from IT to cars are not expected to recover for at least another year or two.

If anything, the US Dollar has remained fairly steady against the Euro, GBP, Yen and Yuan. If this would be a money supply type of inflation, you would expect it to depreciate.

That said, I agree that they need to keep the plumbing in place, because clearly the world economy as not fully recovered yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think inflation is coming from there, but from an expected, temporary lack of supply driven by the pandemic. Some key areas like chip manufacturing that are affecting from IT to cars are not expected to recover for at least another year or two.

If anything, the US Dollar has remained fairly steady against the Euro, GBP, Yen and Yuan. If this would be a money supply type of inflation, you would expect it to depreciate.

That said, I agree that they need to keep the plumbing in place, because clearly the world economy as not fully recovered yet.
    It has recovered enough to send wages up appreciably for the first time in decades. Yay!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information