Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    But anyway... I still enjoy it. I'll keep watching. It is what it is, corny nostalgia. It comes in short, bite sized episodes/seasons. Some times I prefer stuff that doesn't require a lot of time or higher brain function, and this fits the bill.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    But anyway... I still enjoy it. I'll keep watching. It is what it is, corny nostalgia. It comes in short, bite sized episodes/seasons. Some times I prefer stuff that doesn't require a lot of time or higher brain function, and this fits the bill.
    That's where I'm at. Plus, the Johnny and Miguel scenes are always great, regardless of how corny the rest of the show is.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Can't wait.

Her comin' back last season had me in real tears. Like a dream. & they produced it & told it properly.

She-was-Johnny's-girl.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Startin' back up tomorrow, kids. Can't wait.

I do just hope & pray that toward the last of this series run they have enough time and space to bring Ali & Johnny close...and this time forever.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    every season is worse than the previous one. They need to stop introducing new characters, cause there's way too many of them. I get why they got Terry Silver, but new fighters and giving Daniel's son a bigger role was not needed. You can already tell that season 5 will be the son training and wanting to defeat the black kid. Oh and all these new kids, somehow learning karate in 6 weeks and being this good makes zero sense, but it's not really a realistic show, so i can look beyond that. Best thing for season 5 would be if it was only Jonny and Miguel in Mexico. These 2 are by far the best thing in the show and they should get even more time together.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    every season is worse than the previous one. They need to stop introducing new characters, cause there's way too many of them. I get why they got Terry Silver, but new fighters and giving Daniel's son a bigger role was not needed. You can already tell that season 5 will be the son training and wanting to defeat the black kid. Oh and all these new kids, somehow learning karate in 6 weeks and being this good makes zero sense, but it's not really a realistic show, so i can look beyond that. Best thing for season 5 would be if it was only Jonny and Miguel in Mexico. These 2 are by far the best thing in the show and they should get even more time together.
    It's damn near unwatchable. A bitter disappointment.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    Have the kids shuffle teams, bring in a boomer from one of the crappy sequels, rinse, repeat. And yet I was mostly entertained. It’s still a fun show. Stupid and corny, but very watchable.

I wonder if Hillary Swank will get a cameo, or if they’re pretending that sequel never happened.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Have the kids shuffle teams, bring in a boomer from one of the crappy sequels, rinse, repeat. And yet I was mostly entertained. It’s still a fun show. Stupid and corny, but very watchable.

I wonder if Hillary Swank will get a cameo, or if they’re pretending that sequel never happened.
    Mike Barnes S5
    Hilary Swank S6
    Jadens Smith and Jackie Chan S7

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I seriously lose track of who is fighting for who. What's with everybody switching sides multiple times every season.

I like the show, it's entertaining and the seasons are short/easily digestible. But it was at it's best when focusing on Johnny/Miguel. Johnny and Daniel had a natural rivalry and the times they get along is highly entertaining. But four seasons in and I don't really know what anybody else's motivation is. What the was Kreese/Silver's master plan? To make money by opening a chain of Karate dojos? To toughin' up today's youth? None of it really makes sense. If Johnny had picked a different name for the dojo from the beginning, would Kreese have still shown up, or would Daniel have given a ?
    Last edited by Xevious; 01-03-2022 at 10:12 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mike Barnes S5
    Hilary Swank S6
    Jadens Smith and Jackie Chan S7
    They've come this far, you know Mike Barnes is coming at the very least. The guy that played him is a soap actor, I'm sure he'd be happy to get another easy paycheck.
    Last edited by Xevious; 01-03-2022 at 10:09 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This show has me trapped I gotta see where it goes while also acknowledging what has been said - getting worse each season, and should be more focused on Johnny and Miguel, which is what made season 1 so good.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    The kids are now like 23-25 years old in real life and just had junior prom on the show and are still in the under 18 karate tournament

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The kids are now like 23-25 years old in real life and just had junior prom on the show and are still in the under 18 karate tournament
    Par for the course. Ralph Machio was almost 30 in Karate Kid 3 (and he's older than the guy who plays Terry Silver ).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    He wasn't in it that much but losing Johnny's stepfather/Ed Asner hurts.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Par for the course. Ralph Machio was almost 30 in Karate Kid 3 (and he's older than the guy who plays Terry Silver ).
    Silver is older? Lol

KK 3 had a nice set up and premise and they somehow found a way to really it up. All the goofy laughing while getting their asses handed to them by an old maintenance man was koriwhat-esque

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Brigham Young Cougars
    its still 2019 in the show universe

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Brigham Young Cougars
    shawn will join ck in season 5 & be trained by mike barnes............shawn beat robby in juve with 0 karate training............

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finished episode 4, prob kill the new season by this weekend.

Season 4 so far has provided more laughs and is better than season 3....the main issue holding season 4 back is i don't give a about Danny's growth spurt head kid, and I don't wanna feel bad for an innocent black kid that's good at dancing, basketball, and loves video games...like wtf? He would be one of the most popular kids in his class.
    But Johnny presence better felt so far and his humor and at ude carry the show imo

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    Name
    Allan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    they should go full on old man logan and have johnny wheeling a crippled daniel-san through the desert/mountains while being hunted by assassins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    anyone else notice Miguel got really fat this season

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    anyone else notice Miguel got really fat this season
    His face has definitely widened. Was thinking that's why his hair was longer, to hide some of it.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You're surprised that actors portraying teenagers aren't teenaged?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    TIL Vanna White was in Playboy thanks to Johnny lol

Not bad

Last edited by baseline bum; 01-06-2022 at 08:42 PM.

Thread Information