Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    IT is ing trash. ainge went balls deep again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IT is ing trash. ainge went balls deep again.
    As I've always said : glorified BJ Armstrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how many times does Ainge have to on ST before they stop ripping every move he makes?

why didnt he trade all his picks for paul george.... signs hayward, keeps assets (obviously, cant pin the injury on ainge)
    why did he trade those assets for kyrie.... isaiah thomas

boston is still in a great position short and long term because of ainge managing assets. young core, young coach, and still are rich in draft picks (https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dr...rafts/detailed). they're improving by developing talent while cleveland keeps trying to reload with veterans
    Last edited by spurraider21; 01-22-2018 at 02:54 PM.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Woj is saying that the Cavs will also get Crowder, Zizic and pick(s) in addition to Isaiah. Tbh, if this happens, the Cavs just fleeced the out of the Celtics.
    No surprise cripple nation chimed in with the worst take of all tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    just saw the trade in full. lol celtics tbh.

- brought kyrie as the man on a team where hayward will be the man (more complete player). On a team still inferior to the cavs, so locker room drama is guaranteed.
    - both hayward and kyrie and iso heavy players, I know they have stevens as a coach but still, kyrie won't get the same easy looks as he got by playing with lebronze.
    - gave away a guaranteed top 5 pick (that nets roster is garbage) when it wasn't needed, to a team in desperate need of youth, next year draft is stacked.
    - lost depth in crowder who is a +/++ defender, in a summer in which they lost avery bradley too ... half that lineup doesn't know a thing about defense.
    - cleveland won't mind that midget is injured (tv says he isn't badly injured) as they have depth and they'll probably use him more on the 2nd unit at first.
    - cleveland might flip that pick for something else ... they have some options here.
    - cleveland basically got max value for irving with no leverage...
    - cleveland get back in play for '18 lebron, so the whole boston team of the future idea might be taking a nosedive .. they aren't beating the cavs right now, not with that non-existent rebounding and pedestrian defense.
    - cleveland get lebronze exactly what he wants : someone to defend the perimeter and someone to handle the ball, in order to decrease his load. Playoffs lebron is still the best player in the league.
    - ainge wouldn't move that pick for paul george and jimmy butler who are top 10 two way players but he moved it and a lot more for irving, who has a 20% win rate without lebronze.

The reality is that ainge was probably under some pressure after an underwhelming summer and he jumped on this trade. Ainge is protected from the management as boston have depth and assets and now also big names, but in terms of long term strategy they made a lateral move while greatly helping out their most relevant compe ion ... bad move tbh.
    so much fail in this thread the overrating of Crowder by both metrics and casual fans is hilarious ...
    only true value so far is the nets pick and a 2nd rounder ...
    crowder and IT have been net negatives, but still half a season to go ...
    but my insticts were almost 100% accurate

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Great trade by Ainge. only true value lost was the Nets pick
    Cavs GM got bamboozled you dont trade a star without getting the celts best young prospect Tatum ...
    crowder is a great role player but longterm id rather have Jaylen Brown. both he and IT3 want to get paid ...big $.
    bump

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i think outside the BK PICK, haul is, overrated AF ...
    I called it at time of trade and now reports are they want an additional asset which i was arguing for from the start.
    bump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great trade by Ainge. only true value lost was the Nets pick
    Cavs GM got bamboozled you dont trade a star without getting the celts best young prospect Tatum ...
    crowder is a great role player but longterm id rather have Jaylen Brown. both he and IT3 want to get paid ...big $.
    Yep, looking like Cavs got completely destroyed in this trade unless that Nets picks deliver a prospect with All-Star ceiling. ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how many times does Ainge have to on ST before they stop ripping every move he makes?

why didnt he trade all his picks for paul george.... signs hayward, keeps assets (obviously, cant pin the injury on ainge)

boston is still in a great position short and long term because of ainge managing assets. young core, young coach, and still are rich in draft picks (https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dr...rafts/detailed). they're improving by developing talent while cleveland keeps trying to reload with veterans

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I still think Ainge should have kept the Brooklyn pick, tbh. These playoffs have proved how overrated Kyrie truly is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think Ainge should have kept the Brooklyn pick, tbh. These playoffs have proved how overrated Kyrie truly is.
    well, kyrie is an offensive savant... despite his hero/isoball style, he's been incredibly efficient for the last few years. shoots high percentages across the board, doesn't turn the ball over all that much.

the celtics dont really need that when you have Tatum/Brown combining for 40ppg seemingly every night, Horford averaging 17, and Rozier averaging an uncharacteristic 18ppg in the playoffs. They've gotten enough contributions in a 2014-Spurs style manner that they don't need an isoball 25ppg scorer. but pre all star game, when Brown/Tatum were scoring ~14ppg apiece, kyrie was there to carry the load on offense.

but yes, when Tatum/Brown are playing this well, and Rozier is playing the best ball of his life, Kyrie isn't really needed. they dont rely on his offense enough to justify his lackadaisical defense. still, he's a significantly better asset than the package they sent over to Cleveland, and yes that includes the first round pick. his 20 mil salary next year is suddenly very reasonable given the state of the cap, and they can easily find a team to trade him to, considering how well he's played this year. considering they're getting hayward back next year, that's yet another good offensive player in the mix, making kyrie even less useful to them.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Yep, looking like Cavs got completely destroyed in this trade unless that Nets picks deliver a prospect with All-Star ceiling. ..

Gilbertstein

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A top 10 NBA player? wtf?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lets revisit some GOAT level takes tbh

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Woj is saying that the Cavs will also get Crowder, Zizic and pick(s) in addition to Isaiah. Tbh, if this happens, the Cavs just fleeced the out of the Celtics.

what a flaming got of a take

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    LeBron, Durant, Curry, Kawhi, CP0, Westbrook, Harden, Giannis, Butler, George, Davis, Griffin, Marc Gasol, Cousins, Embiid, Jokic, Porzingis, etc., etc.

Kyrie
    "Top 10 talent"

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not trying to diss Kyrie but PG13 is having a monster season. Irving is a little better statistically but their production is pretty close and it wouldn't be crazy either way to choose one over the other.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh i didn’t know they’d blow every draft pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s wrong with Boston though? They just dropped off even though they still, in theory, have some nice decent players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s wrong with Boston though? They just dropped off even though they still, in theory, have some nice decent players.
    Pop’s coaching tree

Thread Information