Page 94 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 4088
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh Primo's brother.
    Alejandro Segundo Mejor just signed an LOI with the Tarheels.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh Primo's brother.
    Do it Pop!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally some Combine Intel:

and for the G-League Combine:

From memory, Spurs had some interest in Hall pre-draft last year. Feels like a very Spurs-ian pick in the second round...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ haha not finishing HS only adds to the allure… he hasn’t even graduated HS yet!!!!

Imagine how good he’ll be when he gets his GED. BBIQ to the moon!
    BBIQ has nothing to do with the general IQ.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BBIQ has nothing to do with the general IQ.
    That one went right over your head didn't it....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Sharpe out of the picture, seems like he's been promised to get picked REALLY high (OKC?). Other than that, I like that list as a swing for the fences at 20... Jovic and Blake Wesley could be in that list too.
    Calipari: "He was coming back, that was the plan. But all of the sudden some cir stances changed, and maybe he can be picked in those early early picks"
    Thanks for sharing that.
    Frankly, that Calipari statement gives me a whole different vibe and context to Sharpe. He had planned to play. There was nothing in his character to say he ghosted the team. Its that some team is planning to pick him in the lottery without him having to play a single college game, and that changes things. If it was OKC, they have been known to hide their prospects by promising a pick (as you suggest) in exchange for not showing up at the combine scrimmages, etc.

From Sharpe’s camp, if he was already going in the lottery no matter what, there was nothing to gain by playing but risk. It was chancy that he could get his stock any higher (these are lottery teams with multiple picks) and there is always the risk of injury or a bad performance. At this point, when players are already preparing for the draft, they only make themselves available if it raises their stock and draft position, that is why guys who are projected as lottery talents don’t show up at the combine, among other things. In this case, his agent and camp were persuaded from avoiding a few college games because he was already a projected lottery pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

On another note, Spurs workout Michael Devoe , Senior G 6'5 17.9 pts 5 rebounds 3 assists 1.4 stls ( 36% at 3 with 6 attempts). Probably Austin related.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

On another note, Spurs workout Michael Devoe , Senior G 6'5 17.9 pts 5 rebounds 3 assists 1.4 stls ( 36% at 3 with 6 attempts). Probably Austin related.
    Yeah, def look at value and fringe guys. I don't think we'll hear much about who they're targetting with the 1st round picks. They tend to be extremely secretive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6'5" guard, hmmm, who'd a thunk it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs do this every year. They collect data on players and set lower and upper limits on skill and athleticism so that decisions are made on data, not hype.

It’s likely also why the combine and private workouts are important to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have 4 picks. They’re likely going to draft at least one 6’5 Guard tbh. They can’t help themselves.

Give me Blake Wesley if that’s the case. Or 6’6 Marjon Beauchamp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring an unlikely jump into the top 4, it seems to me like the best options for the Spurs are off the board by their pick, including Keegan Murray, who would be an excellent fit.

At the #9 or #10 pick, there seems to be a trough where explicit team need isn't really serviced that well. I'm uncertain about Jalen Duren and pushing the button for Jeremy Sochan might be a tad of a reach, or a Tari Eason.

I could see a surprise pick like Ousmane Dieng or similar, the Leonard Millers.

But as the boards are currently constructed, I'm starting to really see Johnny Davis as someone the Spurs would want.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring an unlikely jump into the top 4, it seems to me like the best options for the Spurs are off the board by their pick, including Keegan Murray, who would be an excellent fit.

At the #9 or #10 pick, there seems to be a trough where explicit team need isn't really serviced that well. I'm uncertain about Jalen Duren and pushing the button for Jeremy Sochan might be a tad of a reach, or a Tari Eason.

I could see a surprise pick like Ousmane Dieng or similar, the Leonard Millers.

But as the boards are currently constructed, I'm starting to really see Johnny Davis as someone the Spurs would want.
    I like Murray, would be the best wing on the spurs.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miller at 9 would be another reach like last year. There is a chance they could get miller later.

I like Ogbaji better than Miller. You can get Miller at 20 or 25.

And Primo hasn't worked out so well so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Johnny Davis was arguably my favorite player in CBB this season, so I wouldn’t hate the pick. But I think they go Agbaji if they go SG with their first pick.

With that said, I think they swing for the fences and go with a guy like Miller if he stays in this draft and is still on the board when we select. I’m already starting to see some analysts on Twitter say they think he might sneak into the lottery after the pre-draft process. His workouts will tell a lot obviously.

Ousmane Dieng belongs nowhere near the top-10 imo. But I’m sure the Spurs will do their due diligence with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have questions about Johnny Davis. He isn't an explosive athlete, so requires his craftiness to get him space and to the basket. His three-point shooting dipped last year. The ball really stuck in his hands this year for Wisconsin; once he got it, he deliberated and was often slow to get into his offensive activity.

However... he's crafty. Lots of superb handles and movement, wiggle and slyness to get himself room. So maybe he's not the most explosive, but he's doing a lot around it. As for the sticking -- Wisconsin barely had any options after him. He was the offense. I think he can play off-ball in ways a guy like Mathurin might not. And it's not like he's a ball-hog; the Badgers really needed him to do everything. He wasn't an unwilling passer. On a better team, he can probably move the ball and get his shot off better. His 3-pointers might improve.

Unlike the guards we have, he seems like a guy who is very happy to get his shot when needed. He has a great midrange. I know we cringe at that, after DeRozan, but Davis has shown some clutch plays as well as ability to get offense when things break down.

He was a great rebounder this year, at 8.2 ppg. Kind of like Dejounte, he'd be helping weaker bigs. And, as one site pointed out, he shot more FTs per game than Zion Williamson did at Duke. Great for the Spurs, who barely attempt any. (And made nearly 80% of them.)

I feel like Johnny Davis has to be on the short list. He has a ton of potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s no longer a secret, that’s for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weirdly enough, both Keegan Murray and Johnny Davis have twin brothers that played on their teams last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s no longer a secret, that’s for sure.

I've said before, if teams/mocks are going to freak out over Shaeden Sharpe, they have to freak out over Leonard Miller. Either both are worth freaking out over or neither is.

I see a situation where the top four go as a tier -- Smith, Holmgren, Banchero, Ivey, in whatever order -- then things get wobbly. I can see someone like Sharpe going and then a cascade of teams uncertain whether to stick with plans or changing plans with Miller and so on. In short, I can see a player like Murray tumbling in the fracas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Johnny Davis’ 3-point shooting will continue to improve at the next level with more reps and better spacing than he had at Wisconsin. Just a matter of time imo.

Another underrated aspect of his game that most guards in this draft don’t have is his post-up ability. He was the best SG in the post in CBB this season. Really good in that department with his advanced footwork and mid-range ability.

I like him better than Agbaji personally. Not quite as athletic and not the 3-point shooter Agbaji is, but he’s 2 years younger, is better off the dribble, and is better in the midrange. I also just like his iso-ability to go get you a bucket when you need one better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s some examples of Davis’ ability in the post from one game against one of the best defensive teams in CBB.

He shows some of his footwork, midrange touch, and passing ability in just a handful of possessions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Davis does a great job of bumping defenders away without offensive fouling. He's pretty remarkable there.

Forgot to mention among the best parts -- he's a very good defender. He shouldered a massive offensive load and still turned in shifts on the other side of the floor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A guards ability to post up is not a great selling point for a top 10 pick. He not only has an at best shaky jumper, but lacks elite athleticism/burst to make up for it.

Suggs is similar, with more athleticism and struggled mightily (granted, he was injured on and off and it's early, but still).

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A guards ability to post up is not a great selling point for a top 10 pick. He not only has an at best shaky jumper, but lacks elite athleticism/burst to make up for it.

Suggs is similar, with more athleticism and struggled mightily (granted, he was injured on and off and it's early, but still).
    Agree, seems to lack explosiveness and plays below the rim.

Spurs are stacked with those type of players.

Thread Information