Page 71 of 84 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2078
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two wins away from 18.

GS can never get a stop when they really need it.

Draymond Green is such a mediocre got of a player. 2 points and 6 fouls in a Finals game. I don't want to hear how smart he is or how great of a defender he is. He doesn't make that much of a difference. Rasheed Wallace would all over this guy. And that's supposed to be your third best player?

Boston is nothing to write home about either, though. This is one of the weaker Finals matchups in many years, tbh.
    Ever since Phoenix went down 45 to Dallas I have been saying this year will have the weakest champion since the 1979 Sonics of Dennis Johnson, Gus Williams, and Jack Sikma.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Celtics aren't playing the Warriors so much as they're playing themselves. These whole playoffs have been about that.

If they cut down on the unforced live ball turnovers and stop inexplicably playing drop coverage against Curry p-n-r's, they'll win the series.

Game 4 should be the best game of the series and will decide the championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Celtics aren't playing the Warriors so much as they're playing themselves. These whole playoffs have been about that.

If they cut down on the unforced live ball turnovers and stop inexplicably playing drop coverage against Curry p-n-r's, they'll win the series.

I think they rather Curry beat them than get the rest going

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is strange rooting for a team that I really do not like cause I really really do not like the other team
    I have never hated the Celtics. I get it their fans are annoying but to me they are not as insufferable as Laker fans and Warrior fans plus I was only an infant during the 80's so I don't remember anything about the 80's Celtics but that is usually the starting point for a lot of fans who are in their late 40's and older when it comes to hating the Celtics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What green has done against Boston not shocked at what fans chanted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely hated the Celtics during the Quitters/Pierce, Garnett, Allen era.

Garnett was exactly like Draymond Green. Loves to taunt and act tough but he was Duncan’s his entire career. It took a superteam for him to finally win. Ray Allen was always a low key diva too and Pierce got too into his own head after winning in 08. Doc is probably one of my most hated coaches of all time. Add to that, Kendrick Perkins and Eddie House. Two scrubs that loved to act tough.

This current Celtics team is likeable to me, other than Marcus Smart. Can’t root against Ime, Horford and White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I am gs I let green walk leave
    They could pay 475 million in salaries next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Garnett was exactly like Draymond Green. Loves to taunt and act tough but he was Duncan’s his entire career. It took a superteam for him to finally win. Ray Allen was always a low key diva too and Pierce got too into his own head after winning in 08. Doc is probably one of my most hated coaches of all time. Add to that, Kendrick Perkins and Eddie House. Two scrubs that loved to act tough.

This current Celtics team is likeable to me, other than Marcus Smart. Can’t root against Ime, Horford and White.
    I agree that incarnation had a lot of hateable characters but because they beat the Lakers in '08 I didn't hate them as much since I always hated the Kobe Lakers the most during that era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, I think you're spot on here. This is exactly what has been happening. I really hope the Celtics can stay consistent for enough games to close out the series. I just feel they could have won/made some of those previous series a lot easier on themselves.

I have never hated the Celtics. I get it their fans are annoying but to me they are not as insufferable as Laker fans and Warrior fans plus I was only an infant during the 80's so I don't remember anything about the 80's Celtics but that is usually the starting point for a lot of fans who are in their late 40's and older when it comes to hating the Celtics.
    I never used to hate the Celtics at all when I was a kid. In the 90s I used to see that the 80s were ruled by the Lakers and Celtics and for whatever reason I gravitated towards the Celtics when it came to a choice between the two teams. I grew up with the Reggie Lewis Celtics. Never saw the 80s version as I was too young. I also read about Len Bias in the 90s and it's such a shame that Reggie Lewis couldn't have had Len Bias to play with as I think that combination could have been up there with Jordan and Pippen. The Celtics could have had a great run in the 90s if those two guys didn't die. Wow, now that I think about, I may never have become a Spurs fan if Len Bias and Reggie Lewis were both alive and competing for championships, I may have stuck with the Celtics.

I'd say the exact same thing, almost identical to what you said. I liked them up until 2008 they got Garnett & Allen. Paul Pierce I was a huge fan of, but after they won it in 2008, I sort of feel the same as you where you say he got into his own head a bit. I thought he had some spectacular performances trying to keep the Celtics afloat in the early/mid 2000s. He definitely earned that nickname Shaq gave him "The Truth". He was really darn good. I actually kind liked Garnett in Minnesota, but when he got the Boston, he took the bullying thing up another level (not as obnoxious as Draymond is now, but a tier below), and also I liked Ray Allen in Milwaukee and also early on in Seattle. I thought Rashard Lewis and him were a decent combo. Ray was having some monster games flirting with triple doubles. Brent Barry was also playing for them before the Spurs and I liked what he was doing there. I remember other people or Ray himself saying he's playing better than Kobe because not only was he scoring, but he was also passing the ball. I think Kobe and him had a bit of feud in his Seattle days. They had a great 2005 season where they played the Spurs in the playoffs, but tailed off from there. Not sure what happened as I didn't follow them closely. Was it injuries to key players, or did the rest of the team suck. I am guessing that maybe Rashard and Ray had injuries as I don't see how they were really good in 2005 and sucked in 2006 & 2007. Bob Hill (the HC Pop fired to take the job) was coaching them back them. Maybe he really was that bad of a coach.

I agree that incarnation had a lot of hateable characters but because they beat the Lakers in '08 I didn't hate them as much since I always hated the Kobe Lakers the most during that era.
    Yep, almost exactly the same for me. I hated the Lakers way, way more, so I went for the Celtics in both 2008 and also 2010. I feel the Celtics could have beaten the Lakers in 2010 as well. Sucks that they lost as despite me being upset that Rasheed chose to go to the Celtics instead of the Spurs (apparently he didn't like the players the Spurs had at the time and thought some of them were soft. Thanks RJ ), I still wanted to see Rasheed get another ring. People/analysts don't talk about him much these days (they don't even really talk about Tim Duncan much either), but as you would know, he had a ton of talent. Maybe even more talented overall than TD (this might be the only time I say this), but he just couldn't put it all together. The dude could play defense, he could post up on the low block and score with post moves, he could shoot from midrange, he could shoot the three. Insanely talented player, just didn't quite have the right temperament (TD was far, far ahead in this category). I also think Rasheed should have spent more time down low in the post as he had the moves and skill, but always gravitated towards the perimeter as I am guessing it was easier for him as he'd take less of a beating. He didn't really maximize his skills. Really should have used his ability in the post a lot more. Could have drawn more fouls and controlled the game better that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that was funny lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is great. Is this actually real? Pretty darn funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors really needed to get a good big at the deadline. Draymond isn't good enough anymore and their guards and wings are too small and not bangers. They're lucky to face Denver with so many injuries. Boston isn't even that strong inside but they're much better there.
    Will really be interesting to see what comes of Wiseman. Warriors took advantage of their injuries by scoring a #2 pick and picked a guy who has barely played and doesn't look like a fit when he has. They could have had LaMelo instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay Thompson crying about Celtics fans being rude

Coming from a team that thrives on disrespecting their opponent (let’s not forget Klay with his “Lebron got his feelings hurt” foolish comment that woke up LeBron) and has a player like Draymond constantly taunting and pulling dirty tactics, why is Klaynus even surprised? That’s the thing with the Warriors. They run their mouths but when things get tough, it’s “ the fans are rude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Kerr is a Spurs guy, but I’m just waiting for him to whine about something this series too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Coming from a team that thrives on disrespecting their opponent (let’s not forget Klay with his “Lebron got his feelings hurt” foolish comment that woke up LeBron) and has a player like Draymond constantly taunting and pulling dirty tactics, why is Klaynus even surprised? That’s the thing with the Warriors. They run their mouths but when things get tough, it’s “ the fans are rude.

klay and steph just come off as silver spoon d-bags who whine when things don't go their way. and GS fans are annoying as with their discordant "warriors" chant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will really be interesting to see what comes of Wiseman. Warriors took advantage of their injuries by scoring a #2 pick and picked a guy who has barely played and doesn't look like a fit when he has. They could have had LaMelo instead.
    Wiseman may not be a bust - although I think he is - but if he's ever good, it'll be after Curry and Thompson are gone. Kerr must be outraged his front office bought the "I'm totally good at basketball, ya'll, I'm just not going to play or show it in any way" routine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I could never hate a team that spanked the Lakers by 39 to eliminate them in the Finals. Coc was the only part 9f that team I don't like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bet they wish they traded him for Poetl at the deadline now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Even early in their 'dynasty,' they had horrible team chemistry. They depended on Draymond to get them going and he did this by picking fights. There's either a rotten core or a nothing core, so they have to get mopey and feel disrespected and pouty in order to cohere as a group. When they run downhill, they're great. When they struggle, they get whiney. Thing is, they rarely struggled because the refs protected them/overlooked flagrant abuses of the rules, and the biggest beta move in sports history happened when Durant signed with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but do you really think that's the only factor that matters? Does the bigger market always get biased officiating in every series ever?
    In spite of the fact that it's 20th century technology, the TV revenues pay the NBA bills, so, if not the only factor, it's certainly overwhelmingly the most important. The networks want big market teams in the Finals, and most of the time, they get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In spite of the fact that it's 20th century technology, the TV revenues pay the NBA bills, so, if not the only factor, it's certainly overwhelmingly the most important. The networks want big market teams in the Finals, and most of the time, they get it.
    this is where the Spurs reaching out to the Austin market is a big deal. if you can combine these two markets or metro areas, you now have a big TV market. of course, i'm not sure how many of the austin crowd would cheer for the spurs. it wouldn't shock me if there's a huge lakers and warriors base there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is where the Spurs reaching out to the Austin market is a big deal. if you can combine these two markets or metro areas, you now have a big TV market. of course, i'm not sure how many of the austin crowd would cheer for the spurs. it wouldn't shock me if there's a huge lakers and warriors base there.
    They're too far apart. The distance between Dallas and Ft. Worth is 32 miles. They could even pick up each other's TV stations back in the day. The distance between SA and Austin is 79.5 Miles. It's just not one market, and won't be.

Thread Information