Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Davis has a higher floor, but Ivey‘s ceiling is way higher due to his athleticism. You take Ivey over Davis anytime
    I agree with the higher ceiling, but the bust factor on Ivey is too high for me at 4th pick. But to each his own

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You swing for the home run with your top pick until you get your superstar. The other picks can be used for players of roster to starter caliber.
    Nah. If you see your superstar, you trade for them, but you use your picks to get guys who can be traded.

Of course, it's a false dichotomy to suggest that you have to go for a home-run or a strike-out. Most superstars are pretty sure things who are taken high. But of the others, they're just as often high-floor guys who aren't seen as having a ton of upside as they are raw guys who need time to develop. I don't know who the Pokusevski or Samanic is in this draft, but I don't see why going for them over the Haliburtons or Senguns has higher upside. If they don't have higher upsides, then the higher downside gives them a huge advantage.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with the higher ceiling, but the bust factor on Ivey is too high for me at 4th pick. But to each his own
    I see Davis as having a higher bust factor and lower ceiling than Ivey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Davis as having a higher bust factor and lower ceiling than Ivey.
    Now you’re just hating The only thing Ivey has on Davis is his athleticism. Davis beats him on every category including ALL the intangibles, motor, 50/50, leadership. If there’s a pound per pound, Davis is 2nd only to Chet

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IS Keegan Murray a go-to scorer? Obviously minimal sample size, but HoopsIntellect showed tape of him being a bit shaky creating in half-court, as opposed to transition ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IS Keegan Murray a go-to scorer? Obviously minimal sample size, but HoopsIntellect showed tape of him being a bit shaky creating in half-court, as opposed to transition ball.
    My fear is that Murray is a lot like Luka Garza. Clearly more athletic, but coming from a system that fed him the ball in the same sets constantly. I really have doubts about him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not. Although he averaged a lot of points in college, most of them came in transition and on catch and shoot 3s. He's not a post player like a Banchero for example, especially in the NBA since he won't be able to overpower players inside. There is upside though if he adds some footwork and muscle mass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not. Although he averaged a lot of points in college, most of them came in transition and on catch and shoot 3s. He's not a post player like a Banchero for example, especially in the NBA since he won't be able to overpower players inside. There is upside though if he adds some footwork and muscle mass
    I don't think anyone under 6'9 and a half is a post player lol. And I'm not giving up Keldon for slim Antonio McDyess.

I hope the Keegan talk is some kind of smokescreen.

I don't get sports reporting. If I'm a coach I would be telling reporters all kind of .

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now you’re just hating The only thing Ivey has on Davis is his athleticism. Davis beats him on every category including ALL the intangibles, motor, 50/50, leadership. If there’s a pound per pound, Davis is 2nd only to Chet
    I don't hate Davis, just like Ivey more.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't hate Davis, just like Ivey more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not. Although he averaged a lot of points in college, most of them came in transition and on catch and shoot 3s. [B]He's not a post player like a Banchero for example[b], especially in the NBA since he won't be able to overpower players inside. There is upside though if he adds some footwork and muscle mass
    From what I've seen/read, Keegan posted the best post up metrics in the nation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think anyone under 6'9 and a half is a post player lol. And I'm not giving up Keldon for slim Antonio McDyess.

I hope the Keegan talk is some kind of smokescreen.

I don't get sports reporting. If I'm a coach I would be telling reporters all kind of .
    Prime Antonio McDyess is an all-star. I would be more than OK with drafting an all-star caliber player, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prime Antonio McDyess is an all-star. I would be more than OK with drafting an all-star caliber player, tbh.
    Yeah, I did kind of on McDyess for no reason other than having 6 years as a top player instead of 15. Anyway, sidetracked myself, I don't think Keegan obviously is a banger PF.

Perimeter guy who can't carry in half court playoffs is a waste of time at the 4th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I did kind of on McDyess for no reason other than having 6 years as a top player instead of 15. Anyway, sidetracked myself, I don't think Keegan obviously is a banger PF.

Perimeter guy who can't carry in half court playoffs is a waste of time at the 4th pick.
    Yeah, I don't think moving to 4th to get Keegan makes sense, but if he falls to 9th it would be crazy not to take him, like timvp suggests the Spurs might do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I've seen/read, Keegan posted the best post up metrics in the nation.

I don't know, but it could be. But he scored mainly burrying his defender underneath the basket. He won't be able to do that in the NBA as his frame is not strong enough. I'm saying there is upside though if he gets stronger. I'm all for getting him just can't see a realistic scenario where we trade up

Thread Information