Page 205 of 238 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,125 of 5943
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Rumpy likes every movie he has ever watched.
    If I don't like it I stop watching it.

Pretty simple.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hustle was ok. Worth a watch, but outside of Adam Sandler the acting was pretty bad and the writing wasn't great either.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I saw it last night. Pretty much agree with your rating. The first 80% of the movie was purely a slapstick comedy and then they tried to make the last 20% way too serious. It was a nice popcorn flick but definitely in the lower half of the MCU.
    Concur.

Kinda stupid movie with a few moments. Didn't need Christian Bale at all. What a waste of him being there.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Hustle was ok. Worth a watch, but outside of Adam Sandler the acting was pretty bad and the writing wasn't great either.
    The hyperbole with this movie is hilarious. It was a fun watch and that’s it. But the way people are gushing over it is insane. I think Bill Simmons said the Anthony Edwards performance where he just mumbles a few insults and plays basketball was somehow so charismatic that it reminded him of Tupac in Juice

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    did not expect to hate it this much, especially cause I liked all of Taika's movies so far... Was not the biggest fan of Ragnarok, but still didn't think it was bad, so i was surprised about this one.
    You were complaining about it before you even saw it, just be honest.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Thor Love And Thunder was such a mess lol. The first hour was godawful, just way too many bad jokes, told at the rapidfire pace of coked-out Mork & Mindy era Robin Williams. The stupid Korg backstory recaps were completely unnecessary and not funny. Screaming goats & the Guardians were also pointless and made the first 30 minutes feel rudderless. And fat Russell Crowe is the most disturbingly awful thing I’ve ever seen in the MCU.

But once they get to Gorr’s planet, the movie does a complete turnaround. Christian Bale says “give me the ball & get out of my way” and rescues the movie. The fight scene with the kids is one of the MCU’s most pure fun scenes. I loved the movie from that point on. I kind of wonder if at some point Feige told Taika to take a backseat and cool it with all the jokes, because the tonal shift is jarring, but absolutely welcome in my opinion.

This was the MCU’s “Patriots come back from a 28-3 deficit” movie.

First half - 1/10
    Second half - 9/10

Overall I give it a 6/10 because the final act is so good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Thor Love And Thunder was such a mess lol. The first hour was godawful, just way too many bad jokes, told at the rapidfire pace of coked-out Mork & Mindy era Robin Williams. The stupid Korg backstory recaps were completely unnecessary and not funny. Screaming goats & the Guardians were also pointless and made the first 30 minutes feel rudderless. And fat Russell Crowe is the most disturbingly awful thing I’ve ever seen in the MCU.

But once they get to Gorr’s planet, the movie does a complete turnaround. Christian Bale says “give me the ball & get out of my way” and rescues the movie. The fight scene with the kids is one of the MCU’s most pure fun scenes. I loved the movie from that point on. I kind of wonder if at some point Feige told Taika to take a backseat and cool it with all the jokes, because the tonal shift is jarring, but absolutely welcome in my opinion.

First half - 1/10
    Second half - 9/10

I took an edible before I went, and thought Crowe and his accent were hilarious in an awful way. Otherwise I agree.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Come and see - 8/10

great look into ww2 through a young kid's eyes in Belarus... btw if any of you wanna look at it, its on youtube.

Now this is a great movie... And then I see people giving Thor 4 a grade or 2 lower. Roflmao

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    The black phone- 8.5/10 excellent thriller

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10783649[/URL]]The black phone- 8.5/10 excellent thriller
    The White Phone would have been 10/10

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Elvis - 8/10
    Baz Luhrmann's direction (and Tom Hanks doing a Dutch accent in a fat suit) took a while to get used, to but Austin Butler was really good throughout and I liked the musical choices. Taken as a representation more than a literal retelling of Elvis' career and life, it's one of my favorite biopics I've seen in a while.

Marcel the S with Shoes On - 7/10
    Never heard of this before yesterday. I figured it would be more of a Pixar-ish kids movie, but it's definitely a more introspective adult movie and I think kids would be bored by it. Doesn't necessarily go anywhere, at times feels like a 90-minute therapy assignment for the director, but it's enjoyable and original and I'm glad movies like this can still be made.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Menace II Society (1993) - 7/10

This movie is intense as but it's a bit over the top. It's a classic hood drama film though if that's your thing.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Menace II Society (1993) - 7/10

This movie is intense as but it's a bit over the top. It's a classic hood drama film though if that's your thing.
    First sensible thing you've said in quite a spell. Congratulations.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans

Not a movie, I know, but my goodness, this moment killed me. Brought me to literal tears.

10/10 a masterpiece

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Not a movie, I know, but my goodness, this moment killed me. Brought me to literal tears.

10/10 a masterpiece
    I get it now

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Well, Lee, clue me in, please. I enjoy shedding "literal tears" over film. American film.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nope 7.5 out of 10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

10/10 a masterpiece
    Watched it again with my lady. Damn those last two episodes are good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

First half - 1/10
    Second half - 9/10

Rumpy would have missed the final act.
    He misses a lot.

Another movie that blew imo until halftime was The Villiage with M Night Schlamahan.
    Good ending.

If I don't like it I stop watching it.

Pretty simple.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I'm sure I'll like the new Thor. I'm pretty easy on superhero stuff.

Also: rent free.

Pretty simple.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Elvis - 8/10
    Baz Luhrmann's direction (and Tom Hanks doing a Dutch accent in a fat suit) took a while to get used, to but Austin Butler was really good throughout and I liked the musical choices. Taken as a representation more than a literal retelling of Elvis' career and life, it's one of my favorite biopics I've seen in a while.
    I give it 6/10. Bland, way too long, and got bored in sections, especially during the whole Christmas special sweater thing that dragged.

And much like the colonel hogged Elvis and his fortune, I thought Tom Hanks hogged too much of the movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I watched "Spursforsix s Andy's Mom in the Butt #25". It's still good but it's really redundant after "Spursforsix s Andy's Mom in the Butt #6". The male lead seems disinterested from that point on.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    so... watched Encanto.

probably one of the better disney movies thats come out in a while. couple of the more catchy songs in disney history imho.

plot underwhelmed in that the grandma got let off too easy considering she was basically the primary antagonist. good family movie tho, and for what it is, probably a solid 9/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I watched "Spursforsix s Andy's Mom in the Butt #25". It's still good but it's really redundant after "Spursforsix s Andy's Mom in the Butt #6". The male lead seems disinterested from that point on.
    That reminds me that I watched Beavis and Butt-Head do the Universe.

If you never saw B and B or never liked them, then this is gonna be a 0/10.

If you were a fan then it's 6/10. They could have done so much more with the multiverse. still laughed at the stupid .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Come and see - 8/10

great look into ww2 through a young kid's eyes in Belarus... btw if any of you wanna look at it, its on youtube.

Now this is a great movie
    Grueling film, stays with you long after viewing

Thread Information