Page 981 of 1589 FirstFirst ... 481881931971977978979980981982983984985991103110811481 ... LastLast
Results 24,501 to 24,525 of 39710
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol unprovoked outburst of rage
    Rage? You really think I was "raging" here?

When you ing pussies only know how to meltdown that's your world view; projection at its finest tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Our Board Members
    General Jack Keane (US Army, Retired), Chairman, Ins ute for the Study of War; President, GSI, LLC

Dr. Kimberly Kagan, Founder & President, Ins ute for the Study of War

The Honorable Kelly Craft, Former US Ambassador to UN and Canada

Dr. William Kristol, Director, Defending Democracy Together

The Honorable Joseph I. Lieberman, Senior Council, Kasowitz Benson Torres & Friedman, LLP

Kevin Mandia, Chief Executive Officer & Board Director, Mandiant

Jack D. McCarthy, Jr., Senior Managing Director & Founder, A&M Capital

Bruce Mosler, Chairman, Global Brokerage, Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.

General David H. Petraeus (US Army, Retired), Member, KKR & Chairman, KKR Global Ins ute

Dr. Warren Phillips, Lead Director, CACI International

Colonel William Roberti (US Army, Retired), Managing Director, Alvarez & Marsal
    Did any of them say the russians would not use the roads to attack Ukraine? No???

Thought so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Germany to send rocket launchers and armored vehicles to Ukraine

German Defense Minister Christine Lambrecht announced on Thursday that Germany will send two more multiple rocket launchers as well as 50 armored personnel carriers to Ukraine.

On top of that, Germany will send some 200 rockets for the launchers. Ukraine has recently called on Germany to increase its weapons deliveries following a successful counteroffensive against the Russian occupation.

"We have decided to deliver two more MARS II multiple rocket launchers including 200 rockets to Ukraine," Lambrecht told a Bundeswehr conference. "On top of this, we will send 50 Dingo armored personnel carriers to Ukraine," she added.

The defense minister also said that training on the MARS II launchers for Ukrainian operators was expected to begin in September.

Greece will soon send 40 infantry fighting vehicles — Soviet-built BMP-1 Infantry Fighting Vehicles (IFVs) — to Ukraine on the completion of a deal in which Greece would receive 40 German Marder IFVs — in turn, Lambrecht said.

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-to-sen...ine/a-63140371

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its happening

Xi Jinping Meets Putin, Says China Will Work With Russia As "Great Powers"
    The SCO is made up of China, Russia, India, Pakistan and four Central Asian countries -- Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.

Samarkand: Chinese President Xi Jinping told his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin on Thursday that Beijing was willing to work with Moscow as "great powers" during his first trip overseas since the early days of the pandemic.
    "China is willing to make efforts with Russia to assume the role of great powers, and play a guiding role to inject stability and positive energy into a world rocked by social turmoil," Xi told Putin during a leaders' summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in Samarkand, Uzbekistan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its happening

Iran joins Shanghai Cooperation Organization as official memeber

Holy sheeet

Huge. That means Iran picked Asia as their gas market when the JCPOA restarts

Europe hung out to dry

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol vlad on his knees begging for Xi's approval. basically apologized for ukraine

china clearly sees them as little brother, at best

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.” -Sun Tzu

Maskirovka is a Russian word meaning literally “masking” or “disguise”, but in the context of Russian military doctrine, it incorporates a wide spectrum of undertakings designed to deceive the enemy regarding strengths, weaknesses, disposition of forces, and the intentions of those forces.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There has been much ecstatic jubilation among Ukraine-supporters, and anguished hand-wringing among Russia-supporters, that somehow Russian forces were “surprised” and “humiliated” by the recent Ukrainian counter-offensive near Kharkov.

Let me therefore be perfectly clear: the notion that the Russian high command did not see this coming is, in my confident estimation, utterly absurd.

They observed its preparations over the course of many weeks. They knew much of the NATO-provided equipment shipped into Ukraine since the spring was not being used yet in battle, and had instead been diverted and hoarded to provide the backbone of firepower for an eventual counter-stroke.

They also knew that substantial numbers of the remaining cadre of Ukrainian professional soldiers had been pulled from the front lines to form the core of this attack, and that they were being supplemented by a significant infusion of “foreign volunteers”.

They knew that the cream of the thousands of new Ukrainian conscripts had been sent to Poland and Britain for rapid training according to NATO standards.

They knew NATO commanders had effectively assumed operational command of this force, and were calling the shots as to when and where it would be deployed.

And they certainly knew that, because this force was not present in the Kherson region for the limited counter-attack that took place there earlier in August, that the southern operations were almost certainly a diversion from the primary objective, which would be in the Kharkov region.

Indeed, as the true nature of the events of the past two weeks comes into clearer focus, it is now possible to see that the Russians acted deliberately to provide the NATO commanders of this recons uted Ukrainian force with some low-hanging fruit to blood their untested army, and provide it with a victory that would not only bolster its battlefield confidence, but more importantly serve essential political purposes at a time when western public support was flagging to a very discernible degree.

More importantly, from the Russian perspective, providing NATO commanders a temptation they could not resist would draw this fresh army into the open field of battle where it could then be isolated and ultimately destroyed.

Therefore the Russians commenced, several weeks ago, to withdraw all but a token force from the area containing the towns of Balakliya, Kupyansk, and Izyum – thereby presenting an irresistible opportunity for the commanders of this NATO-trained, NATO-equipped, and NATO-led force to demonstrate, as they imagine it, the superiority of western combined-arms warfare.

The subsequent attack achieved seemingly extraordinary success against the relative handful of Donbass militia and Rosgvardia troops left to defend Balakliya and Kupyansk. The Ukrainians and their “foreign volunteer” shock troops advanced mostly unopposed and occupied a fairly significant piece of real estate extending all the way to the Oskil River.

Relatively little soldier against soldier fighting has occurred. In fact, Ukrainian reports euphorically trumpeted the fact that the Ukrainian advance could not even keep up with the speed of the Russian retreat!

The “glorious victory” of this quasi-NATO army has – at least for the time being – launched the western media narrative into an unprecedented spasm of triumphalism.

Delusional reports of hundreds of abandoned tanks, thousands of casualties, and tens of thousands of captured Russian soldiers are circulating widely, willingly believed by those whose biases find them pleasing.

Western think-tank monkeys and retired-generals-for-hire move from one mainstream news studio to the next spouting fantastical nonsense about next liberating the Donbass, then Crimea, followed by deposing Putin and hauling him before a tribunal at The Hague.

And if that were not enough, many have even begun to openly discuss the long-desired western pipe dream of dismantling Russia altogether; cutting it up into a dozen or more smaller republics that will then obediently fall in line with the rest of the “rules-based world order”.

It’s all quite breathtaking to behold.

Few seem to be aware that the triumphant army that marched forth into the power vacuum the Russians created for them have been continually savaged by long-range artillery fire and airstrikes, which have already inflicted nearly 20% casualties upon the relatively exposed force.

Few seem to appreciate that the pace of the initially rapid advance has now effectively ground to a halt, caught between the Oskil River to the east and the Seversky-Donets to the south, and it has proven unable to achieve appreciable success against the concentrations of Russian forces it is now encountering on the other sides of those rivers.

And no one seems to be asking the most pertinent question: What will the Russians do next?

There seems to be a pervasive assumption that this apparent battlefield “victory” has been so humiliatingly complete that the Russians have been ruined; psychologically broken; that they are no longer capable of operations; that they are now a beaten, trembling mob of frightened “orcs” nervously awaiting the next train back to wherever it was they came from.

Those cheering as the victory parade rolls down the streets of Kiev, London, and Washington appear to have forgotten that Russia’s “special military operation” up to this point has employed a minor fraction of its military capability, and that the Russian objective, from the beginning, has not been to conquer territory, per se, but to comprehensively destroy Ukrainian military capabilities.

I think the Ukraine supporters might be engaging in an orgy of premature exultation.

I am persuaded the events of the past few weeks have been largely orchestrated pursuant to Russia’s ultimate objectives.

I am convinced the Russians remain masters of the art of maskirovka, and that the masters of empire in Brussels, London, and Washington – as they always have – continue to underestimate Russian strategic a en, operational capabilities, and clever resourcefulness.

Even as NATO commanders in Kiev clink champagne flutes filled to the brim with looted Dom Perignon, and congratulate each other on a brilliantly conceived and expertly executed plan, I strongly suspect the other shoe is about to drop – and when it does, I expect it to fall like a thunderbolt on their unjustifiably inflated heads.

Damn

https://imetatronink.substack.com/p/...-a-thunderbolt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “When it takes you several months to capture some territory, you should make sure to lose it all back in a few days” -Sun Tzu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is Brian Berletic and where did he get his numbers?
    An American posting blogs out of Thailand who champions Iran, Russia, and the like with incessant "western imperialism" rhetoric. IOW, he has no direct knowledge of anything.

He finally found a tweet that wasn't about Russia having it's worst military defeat since WW2 and switched back to the hater account to post it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah good idea. The Russians will take the toll road to kyev
    Because thats not how you military invade a country ya dumb piece of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As believable as Ghost of Kiev and Babushkas destroying drones with Pickle Jars

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The German government says it is taking control of Russian oil giant Rosneft’s subsidiary in Germany, citing the need to ensure continued operations at three oil refineries in the country.

The Economy Ministry said in a statement Friday that Rosneft Deutschland GmbH and RN Refining & Marketing GmbH will be put under the control of Germany’s Federal Network Agency.

The agency will also control the companies’ shares in three refineries: PCK Schwedt, MiRo and Bayernoil.

Rosneft accounts for about 12% of Germany’s oil refining capacity, it said.
    https://apnews.com/article/germany-g...795e2de6df0270

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you found another explanation you liked better than the one you offered before. Involved but not involved. You just changed "war" to "hostilities".

We aren't going to agree on this so we should move on. Although I agree the US is providing funding and material, I don't agree the US is at war with Russia.
    No, I didn't change anything, jeez. Hostilities are an integral part of war. But whatever, we definitely won't agree on this.

I don't consider "proxy war" equal to "war". I defer to the "not involved" aspect of the definition you provided prior. I never even hinted that the US wasn't involved by proxy, only that Russia and the US were not at war with each other. I do think the term "proxy" is being misused here, however I've used it myself in this way.

Not involved in the war. I think you know this already. You provided the definition. I merely accepted it.
    If you're accepting the definition and the definition reads, and I quote: a war instigated by a major power... then you're agreeing it's indeed a war. But looks like we won't agree on this either, fine.

Never said anything of the sort.
    Here's the quote, nothing else to add to this:
    Without the US and NATO meddling in the 1st place there would not have been a war.
    I said this: "played a role in fueling the conflict"

So if you keep feeling the need to misrepresent my statements, maybe you need to win something here. Just say so, I am not pot committed.

Regardless, you haven't shown how Russia did anything to the US or NATO. Still waiting to see how "they started it" with the US.

Let's go to Wiki, a source you used earlier:

War:

War is an intense armed conflict[a] between states, governments, societies, or paramilitary groups such as mercenaries, insurgents, and militias. It is generally characterized by extreme violence, destruction, and mortality, using regular or irregular military forces. Warfare refers to the common activities and characteristics of types of war, or of wars in general.[2] Total war is warfare that is not restricted to purely legitimate military targets, and can result in massive civilian or other non-combatant suffering and casualties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War#Definition

Next let's go to the actual dictionary...

war
    /wôr/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.
    "Japan declared war on Germany"

I simply don't accept your customized definitions. I do accept your meaning though, and we agree the US is acting by proxy. Ukraine is the proxy. I just don't agree that the US is at war with Russia. I believe the proxy aspect exists to avoid that very thing. So I am not willing to loosely accept that the war exists between the two regardless. As soon as Russia pulls out of Ukraine, the US will likely relax or simply stop the sanctions. There will be no long standing concessions by Russia like existed in Japan after WWII. Any patching of relationships will need to be between Ukraine and Russia. The US will operate status quo, still spying on Russia and being spied upon by Russia.

No I don't accept that at all.
    Ok, cool. We don't agree on this either.

There are other agencies who could prosecute for war crimes and US military members have been prosecuted for these. If the POTUS could not be, it's because he isn't at war. He doesn't make executive decisions about the battlefield tactics, and AFAIK neither does the Pentagon.
    It has to do with the fact that the POTUS is, under US jurisprudence, a civilian, thus US military courts do not apply to him/her. Because international law does not apply due to the US not recognizing the ICC, then we're left with US law. And, as we all know, POTUS can pardon him/herself, so the whole exercise is moot. The very worst that can happen is the POTUS losing his/her job via impeachment.

What action should Russia take if the US were at civil war due to a decision by the federal government to either annex a territory or prevent secession? Why does the US have any responsibility to act as world police, outside of self interest, and can't the self interest aspect be a slippery slope where hypothetically the US is now meddling relentlessly again?
    This one is easy to answer since it happened already in the Syrian civil war. Russia (and Iran, Iraq, Egypt) supported the Syrian government, the US (and the UK, France, Turkey, Arab League) backed the free Syrian army. Their involvement was largely a proxy war. Russia wants to be world police as well, they just can't play the role because they can't back it up.

The notion that Russia should fight for their interests makes sense, the fact that Russia is just another cheap dictatorship that hates freedom and democracy is actually important to people like me who happens to love those things.

This is why a superpower is called a superpower. I don't think economic coercion is the same as war. I think it's to help stave off war. I won't accept war is used to avoid war. I won't accept political pressure and diplomacy are political warfare.
    If it would be just the US placing sanctions, it wouldn't work. Not for Russia anyways. Now, when you have the entire west with Europe and Japan on board as well, then that's a different ballgame. So I don't think it's just a matter of 'superpower', but understanding the geopolitics involved here based on potential outcomes.

While sanctions are primarily aimed at stopping the funding of the campaign, the reality is, much like military warfare, that the 18% inflation rate for this year, the shrinking of the GDP, the defaults on the debt, the closure of imports, etc are going to hurt the Russian civilians the most. There's no bullets, bombs or dead, but the damage is severe nonetheless.

But, again, if you don't agree, then you don't agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russia is still an incredibly rich country with natural resources. A crazy "what if". What if China sensed weakness and moved on Russia after they had exhausted their military in Ukraine. I know its far fetched but Germany and Russia were buddies in WWII until they weren't. Would we just sit back and watch it instead of taking sides?
    Not sure that's totally crazy. I mentioned a while back that the current trajectory for Russia is 'larger North Korea' and possibly a Chinese colony...

The reason it's unlikely is that China has a really good thing going with the West, and it's better for them to provide stealthy support while still having plausible deniability. It's how the arms trade from North Korea still operates now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. announces new $600 million arms package for Ukraine

WASHINGTON, Sept 15 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden announced a new $600 million arms package to help the Ukrainian military battle Russia, according to a White House memo sent to the State Department on Thursday.

Biden authorized the assistance using his Presidential Drawdown Authority, which allows the president to sanction the transfer of excess weapons from U.S. stocks.

The package includes High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS), night vision goggles, claymore mines, mine clearing equipment, 105mm artillery rounds and 155mm precision guided artillery rounds, the Pentagon said.

The White House memo also mentioned the money will be used for military education and training.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ne-2022-09-15/

Whatever it takes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Second best army in the world. On par with usa and china.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China would be 2 obviously but who do you have past that?
    At this point, North Korea, simply because of its size, and Ukraine for as long as it is mobilized and supported.

The time is long past for us to re-assess the military "might" of a failed nation state like Russia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As believable as Ghost of Kiev and Babushkas destroying drones with Pickle Jars
    Russia is using 50 year old tanks, and somehow, you think that it using 50 year old maps is implausible?

More than one case of maps captured from Russians were old soviet maps, its a pattern, like your ed apologies for a genocidal regime, and ty takes on just about everything.

Tell me you don't know about military operations without telling me you don't know about military operations. smh\

Your buddies:

Last edited by RandomGuy; 09-16-2022 at 06:57 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the hits just keep on coming...

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

WASHINGTON, Sept 15 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden announced a new $600 million arms package to help the Ukrainian military battle Russia, according to a White House memo sent to the State Department on Thursday.

Biden authorized the assistance using his Presidential Drawdown Authority, which allows the president to sanction the transfer of excess weapons from U.S. stocks.

The package includes High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS), night vision goggles, claymore mines, mine clearing equipment, 105mm artillery rounds and 155mm precision guided artillery rounds, the Pentagon said.

The White House memo also mentioned the money will be used for military education and training.

Whatever it takes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember Bucha, you flaming piece of .

This is going to be worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Whatever it takes

Thread Information