Page 29 of 93 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of people said the same about Booker.
    They never even made the playoffs until CP3 got there. Five years of Devin Booker leading no one nowhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They never even made the playoffs until CP3 got there. Five years of Devin Booker leading no one nowhere.
    I completely forgot that in the NBA they play 1 on 1 and the rest of the roster does not affect anything.
    But now he is among the contenders for the MVP and in the last season he was in the first All-NBA team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I completely forgot that in the NBA they play 1 on 1 and the rest of the roster does not affect anything.
    But now he is among the contenders for the MVP and in the last season he was in the first All-NBA team.
    All NBA is a popularity contest. Devin Booker is a #2 or maybe a #3 on a championship team.

Nobody gets a pass when they’re The Guy, an All Star, and can’t make the playoffs. That’s some Anthony Davis style right there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good news is that Booker will get his chance to show hes learned to be the man once cp3 retired, but the aborted defection of ayton does not bode well for the idea that hes a true star vs a pretender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's available for tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He asked Pop to go out for dinner and takes pride in defense. No wonder he is starting as a rookie! That probably caught pop off guard and gave him respect out the gate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s looked like ass these last two games. Maybe a respiratory illness plus Denver al ude. If it doesn’t get better in a week or two, just send him to Austin for a month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s looked like ass these last two games. Maybe a respiratory illness plus Denver al ude. If it doesn’t get better in a week or two, just send him to Austin for a month.
    No different than Keldon, Vassell or DJ. He is a 2-3 year project but will probably come out as a solid rotational player eventually.

One blocked shot versus Gobert and silly STalkers have extrapolated the next KW.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if other teams are daring him to shot and this has gotten into his head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if other teams are daring him to shot and this has gotten into his head.
    It’s exactly the case. He was never known as a shooter to begin with. If he can average 1/3 on 4 attempts over his first 3 yrs that is a win. That’s a realistic goal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s exactly the case. He was never known as a shooter to begin with. If he can average 1/3 on 4 attempts over his first 3 yrs that is a win. That’s a realistic goal.
    He’ll be fine. We said the same for Keldon and his shots were so high they were almost hitting lights. The good thing is he wasn’t shy out there from day one, and that’s always good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’ll be fine. We said the same for Keldon and his shots were so high they were almost hitting lights. The good thing is he wasn’t shy out there from day one, and that’s always good.
    Completely disagree. Keldon’s shooting mechanics and high arching shots meant promise.

Sochan is brick city from across the court. I like him but he will never be an offensive weapon outside of playmaking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shoots a side spin ball.
    No good shooter does that.
    Fix his form and release and maybe good things will happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely disagree. Keldon’s shooting mechanics and high arching shots meant promise.

Sochan is brick city from across the court. I like him but he will never be an offensive weapon outside of playmaking.
    Too early to say never.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No different than Keldon, Vassell or DJ. He is a 2-3 year project but will probably come out as a solid rotational player eventually.

One blocked shot versus Gobert and silly STalkers have extrapolated the next KW.
    It wasn’t just one blocked shot. He looked locked in and engaged at all times, and ran hard up and down the floor. The last two games, he’s just drifted up and down the floor like Lonnie Walker did for four years.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn’t just one blocked shot. He looked locked in and engaged at all times, and ran hard up and down the floor. The last two games, he’s just drifted up and down the floor like Lonnie Walker did for four years.
    I was gonna post this. Disregarding his skills and all that, the last 2 (or maybe 3) games he has looked disinterested, lacked hustle. Especially compared to the first 6-7 games where he was showing his high motor whenever he was on the court. Even a few transition plays on defense in the last two games he ran back and didn't contest when he could have gotten a block or sent a guy to the line.

Its weird. Hopefully its just the illness and not a confidence thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to see more from him. The team has lost its way after all the Primo/Wright ery and we need some swagger back.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to see more from him. The team has lost its way after all the Primo/Wright ery and we need some swagger back.
    I think its also the injuries and lineup changes. Putting Richardson and Branham in the SL has nuked the cohesiveness of the SL and bench units especially defensively.

Part of it could be that the Raptors and Nuggets are both really good and likely top 5 seeds, but if your not in tune defensively you will get a lot of points hung on you by them (Raps in transition and Nuggets in half court).

Looking forward to getting the Jak-Sochan-Keldon-Vassell-Tre SL out there for an extended run of games. The bench rotation is more manageable if you have those 5 guys starting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he just looked good because Minnesota was so listless on transition defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that is worrisome because he isn’t playable if he isn’t adding value via hustle and defensive intensity.

I’m not down on him I just think there is a long way to go. Hard for him to be a glue guy on a team that doesn’t have true offensive weapons.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If his three ball never develops than his long term position on offense will be center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also is getting over the flu. If it was anything like what I just had, it's still exhausting to do much days later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If his three ball never develops than his long term position on offense will be center.
    They were talking about his 3 ball on the telecast last week, and the consensus was that it needs a tear down, and that you can’t do that during the season. It’ll have to wait for next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were talking about his 3 ball on the telecast last week, and the consensus was that it needs a tear down, and that you can’t do that during the season. It’ll have to wait for next summer.
    They basically did that with Primo last year.

I really think Sochan is going to see periods and matchups where we just can’t play him, especially when DV/KJ are out of the lineup.

Thread Information