My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    35 pts in 3rd

18 pts in 4th

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Left seven points at the FT line. Get one more of those and the game's straight over.

Need more rebounds from Sochan. Two ain't gonna cut it and the Spurs got dominated.

Bassey. He's doing everything. He has a toughness where Poeltl doesn't have it.

I like seeing Romeo hustle.

Vassel has the opposite of a clutch gene. If he has it with the game on the line I know he's going to miss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they let the game get away in the first four minutes of overtime. They were down 7 with 50 seconds left to go.

If not for a crazy clock malfunction, a bunch of confusion, and some turnovers and missed free throws by the Grizz....that game was over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they let the game get away in the first four minutes of overtime. They were down 7 with 50 seconds left to go.

If not for a crazy clock malfunction, a bunch of confusion, and some turnovers and missed free throws by the Grizz....that game was over.
    Then Memphis doesn't deserve to win because Spurs missed makeable shots at the end of the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope this ends the "Sochan is the new Rodman" nonsense. Washed up final year Rodman was 10 times the rebounder Sochan is. Part of the appeal of drafting a PF was to have a rebounder and get some pressure off of Keldon.

6 defensive rebounds in his last 5 games? Good Lord.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jones with 11/11ast against only 2 TO tonight wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope this ends the "Sochan is the new Rodman" nonsense. Washed up final year Rodman was 10 times the rebounder Sochan is. Part of the appeal of drafting a PF was to have a rebounder and get some pressure off of Keldon.

6 defensive rebounds in his last 5 games? Good Lord.
    You fell for the Sochan/Rodman line? Is it because of the number and hair? That's funny. No, Sochan's skillset is a lot different.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad we lost, we really need a top 3 pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A productive loss….

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs played more of a Spurs game: 7 fewer turnovers and 5 fewer fouls. 30 assists and 12 turnovers is definitely fun to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just cheaper and homegrown so more well-liked.
    Understandably.
    But yeah... for right now you're right. Lets see if he can make himself more of a net positive beyond the numbers.
    He just went through a body transformation and a position change.
    Can't expect an immediate impact towards the positive, but you can expect some sort of immediate impact.
    Which we are seeing.
    Adjustments will have to be made over the course of the season and offseason.
    Don’t get me wrong I love the kid but I am struggling to see him be the first option long term. He is best suited as a third option who some games can really step up.

Growing pains but I love his progress.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best possible outcome ? I am all for it, lose a game by missing buzzer beaters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we should celebrate losing streaks. Only second to Charlotte 6 losses, tanking effort... Can we make it to ten and catch the Houston Bottomers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon is the new DDR. Anal(ytic) boys prove me wrong
    with your mafffs

I’m no analytics nerd, but here’s something to consider. Look at ball dominance, which in the advanced stats is USG%. What percentage of the team plays go to a particular player? Is what it measures.

Five players, sharing play equally, would all have a USG% of 20. 100% / 5 = 20% of course.

DDR, over the past two seasons, has a USG% of 31.2. He is very ball dominant, more than 50% above the average.

Keldon the last two seasons has a USG% of 22.1. That’s only 10% more than a perfect team player, despite his increasing importance.

Keldon is a team player. DDR, not so much.

Oh, and it isn’t fully attributable to different systems. When DDR was here, in the Spurs’ team-first system, yes he was tamer, but his USG% was still high, never below 26. That’s the way he is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be good if Keldon can develop DDR's footwork, playmake and post game next.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m no analytics nerd, but here’s something to consider. Look at ball dominance, which in the advanced stats is USG%. What percentage of the team plays go to a particular player? Is what it measures.

Five players, sharing play equally, would all have a USG% of 20. 100% / 5 = 20% of course.

DDR, over the past two seasons, has a USG% of 31.2. He is very ball dominant, more than 50% above the average.

Keldon the last two seasons has a USG% of 22.1. That’s only 10% more than a perfect team player, despite his increasing importance.

Keldon is a team player. DDR, not so much.

Oh, and it isn’t fully attributable to different systems. When DDR was here, in the Spurs’ team-first system, yes he was tamer, but his USG% was still high, never below 26. That’s the way he is.
    It's funny that you bring up Keldon's USG%; I was just looking at his bkref page. He's up to 27.2% this year, which leads the team and is not at all unreasonable for your best scorer. Vassell is second at 25.1%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny that you bring up Keldon's USG%; I was just looking at his bkref page. He's up to 27.2% this year, which leads the team and is not at all unreasonable for your best scorer. Vassell is second at 25.1%.

You’re right. I didn’t look at just this year, in the earlier post, since it’s only 11 games so far. Small sample.

The major factor, in raising the others, is that Sochan’s USG% is very low, only 13.3 now. I expect that to increase as the season goes on. Hope I remember to take a look at the end of the season and see how it trended.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of the problem we are having, if not winning is a problem lol, is that their usage is too low.

Thread Information