Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1128
    near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaylen Brown is fantastic two way player, what your scenario of getting something better?
    Jaylen isn't Jordan Jaylen is a knock-off Vince Carter circa 2010. He has 15 games a year where he looks amazing and is top of the league. He has another 20 games where he's all-star calibre. He has 20 games where he puts up numbers but doesn't help the team doing it, and 15 games where he will shoot the team out of the game. It's not really that he's a bad player he isn't he's pretty good. What he isn't is a leader and team player on the floor. Off the floor he seems to be smart enough to stay out of trouble and say the right things. He wants to be that go to guy, he is almost good enough, but a decent defender will always just force him right into big man help and he doesn't have the court vision to consistently pass out, he doesn't have the handles to beat the guy and fairly regularly losses it.

I don't have an issue with Jaylen Brown at 17 to 19 million a year. (Other than the general ludicrous pro-sports salaries compared to jobs that do more to help society but that's a different subject all together.) I do have an issue with Brown making more than say 12 to 15% of a salary cap of $150,000,000. He isn't a guy who gets you 20 wins over replacement. He is going to want a super max because he's eligible for it. He isn't worth it. Since he isn't going to get a super-max contract from Boston he is going to demand a regular max contract because of that he is going to drag down the team who gives it to him. I can argue that he is close to worth a regular max and it is a gamble that a team who gives that to him if they have another star and a couple of good players on rookie scale and extensions might be champion teams if the cards fall right. It's not assured though and it would be really easy to pair assets to get him and blow apart a team.

I don't exactly want a better head to head player than Brown. I want a better leader than Brown and in all honesty I don't know the personalities and games of younger borderline stars who might be available. I am not looking for a guy to be Jordan, I am not even looking for a guy to be McGrady to Yao, I am more looking for a guy who can be more like Finely to Dirk. Not way older not in career twilight, but a guy who is in his late 20s early 30s has one or two All-star appearances and can step up and be the man maybe 10 games a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Other than the general ludicrous pro-sports salaries compared to jobs that do more to help society but that's a different subject all together.)
    yeah, but the alternative is the owners just keep more of the profits

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the venues and franchises didn't tend to be public funded I would find owner profits increasing far more palatable. I have some questions about the idea of public funded private profits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaylen isn't Jordan Jaylen is a knock-off Vince Carter circa 2010. He has 15 games a year where he looks amazing and is top of the league. He has another 20 games where he's all-star calibre. He has 20 games where he puts up numbers but doesn't help the team doing it, and 15 games where he will shoot the team out of the game. It's not really that he's a bad player he isn't he's pretty good. What he isn't is a leader and team player on the floor. Off the floor he seems to be smart enough to stay out of trouble and say the right things. He wants to be that go to guy, he is almost good enough, but a decent defender will always just force him right into big man help and he doesn't have the court vision to consistently pass out, he doesn't have the handles to beat the guy and fairly regularly losses it.

I don't have an issue with Jaylen Brown at 17 to 19 million a year. (Other than the general ludicrous pro-sports salaries compared to jobs that do more to help society but that's a different subject all together.) I do have an issue with Brown making more than say 12 to 15% of a salary cap of $150,000,000. He isn't a guy who gets you 20 wins over replacement. He is going to want a super max because he's eligible for it. He isn't worth it. Since he isn't going to get a super-max contract from Boston he is going to demand a regular max contract because of that he is going to drag down the team who gives it to him. I can argue that he is close to worth a regular max and it is a gamble that a team who gives that to him if they have another star and a couple of good players on rookie scale and extensions might be champion teams if the cards fall right. It's not assured though and it would be really easy to pair assets to get him and blow apart a team.

I don't exactly want a better head to head player than Brown. I want a better leader than Brown and in all honesty I don't know the personalities and games of younger borderline stars who might be available. I am not looking for a guy to be Jordan, I am not even looking for a guy to be McGrady to Yao, I am more looking for a guy who can be more like Finely to Dirk. Not way older not in career twilight, but a guy who is in his late 20s early 30s has one or two All-star appearances and can step up and be the man maybe 10 games a year.
    All the Vince Carter talk on him might be true to describe his offense, but on defense he has a lot Bruce Bowen in him, and that make him a max player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the Vince Carter talk on him might be true to describe his offense, but on defense he has a lot Bruce Bowen in him, and that make him a max player
    You people have a warped idea of what individual players max contracts are. Jaylen is in line for 5/$295M. That's $59M per season. He is absolutely NOT worth that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jaylen brown is fixing to rob someone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You people have a warped idea of what individual players max contracts are. Jaylen is in line for 5/$295M. That's $59M per season. He is absolutely NOT worth that.
    I had to do a double-take when I looked back at the Admiral's contract when he was guaranteed the average of the top two paid players' salaries in the league. It was a pittance compared to today's salaries...$7.3MM. How times have changed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I appreciate the rank. Beautiful.

Jaylen Brown is recipient of the Celtics dividend. Every single Boston Celtic to have ever played gets grotesquely overrated by their fanbase, which is mentally derranged. They don't know anything about basketball, but whatever it is, their guys are absolutely the best. The national sports media follows suit. This applies to other Boston sports.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s not worth that but he’s worth more than the 19 or so million mentioned above.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaylen Brown is fantastic two way player, what your scenario of getting something better?
    Dude, Brown isn't as good as you think he is, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Max contracts don't necessarily reflect the value of a player nowadays. They're often ways for teams to try and bring a player in, and the other team to eventually keep him in... It's hard to get stars in their prime in the NBA, and you know there always will be a team for pulling the big bag and overpay for a guy who doesn't really deserve it... That's the price to pay.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had to do a double-take when I looked back at the Admiral's contract when he was guaranteed the average of the top two paid players' salaries in the league. It was a pittance compared to today's salaries...$7.3MM. How times have changed.
    That’s 15M in today dollars, but yeah point taken.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imo Jaylen Brown is easily worth $30M per year. But nowhere close to $59M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. To me, the guy seems like a good #2....but paying #1 money to a clear #2 is going to be suicide for any team in this new CBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. To me, the guy seems like a good #2....but paying #1 money to a clear #2 is going to be suicide for any team in this new CBA
    Sounds like someone Mark Cuban will be licking his chops over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Especially considering he’s a turnover machine who can’t dribble for , he’s a poor defender, and he’s not a playmaker whatsoever. He’s strictly a scorer. Celtics are likely ed if they give him that SuperMax tbh. Unless they intend on trading him down the line or he suddenly develops into a much better all-around player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Especially considering he’s a turnover machine who can’t dribble for , he’s a poor defender, and he’s not a playmaker whatsoever. He’s strictly a scorer. Celtics are likely ed if they give him that SuperMax tbh. Unless they intend on trading him down the line or he suddenly develops into a much better all-around player.
    Honestly he's not a bad defender and is a very good man defender when his offense is clicking the problem is that on games when his offense isn't good his mind goes with that offense and he loses focus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly he's not a bad defender and is a very good man defender when his offense is clicking the problem is that on games when his offense isn't good his mind goes with that offense and he loses focus.
    Still not worth $59M. if he had 82 games where is offense was at it’s best, and he was dialed in on defense, he still wouldn’t be worth $59M. Only #1 guys are worth that money, and he’s a #2.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or the alternative is affordable tickets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    j.brown is a fkn scrub man...didnt do when the celtics needed him to make up for tatums short comings in elimination games...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or the alternative is affordable tickets.
    Ticket sales are less than a quarter of the nbas revenue

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ticket sales are less than a quarter of the nbas revenue
    Then lowering the price of them shouldn't hurt the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mah boy finally let it go, happy for him

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I appreciate the rank. Beautiful.

Jaylen Brown is recipient of the Celtics dividend. Every single Boston Celtic to have ever played gets grotesquely overrated by their fanbase, which is mentally derranged. They don't know anything about basketball, but whatever it is, their guys are absolutely the best. The national sports media follows suit. This applies to other Boston sports.
    You have it all wrong. Spur fans overrate their players. Boston fans are very pessimistic about their players and teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope that Derick returns someday

Thread Information