Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This tbh,,,,otherwise stock market is for suckers. Only a few make life changing money and the rest sweat the ups and downs and die early of high blood pressure. Make enough money to invest very conservatively and you will have no worries. If youre relying on the stock market to make your life,,,,youre in trouble already,,,,,
    Historically, if you are NOT relying on the stock market to make money for retirement and go a safer route. You will eaten up by inflation.
    And by far the easiest way are large INDEX funds. No work. Let her ride if you have the bucks.

If you pick individual stocks on your own I think you must realize their are people who do this for a living and are privy to a lot more than you are.
    But it can be amusing I guess. I would say its fair to venture the vast majority of individual investors who pick individual stocks on their own are asking to fall behind if they keep playing after a big individual win. Its like gambling imo.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Historically, if you are NOT relying on the stock market to make money for retirement and go a safer route. You will eaten up by inflation.
    And by far the easiest way are large INDEX funds. No work. Let her ride if you have the bucks.

If you pick individual stocks on your own I think you must realize their are people who do this for a living and are privy to a lot more than you are.
    But it can be amusing I guess. I would say its fair to venture the vast majority of individual investors who pick individual stocks on their own are asking to fall behind if they keep playing after a big individual win. Its like gambling imo.
    That's it & that's all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any good stock ideas? Markets been really strange lately. Have a wad parked in 9 month cds @ 5.1% but also looking for ideas for better returns in the market.
    Bet against the Chinese economy.

Ask yourself who benefits from an implosion of the Chinese economy, and that is where the returns will be. Mexico, and anyone doing business in manufacturing in Mexico.

US firms are re-shoring their supply chains. cheap asian countries like vietnam can only absorb so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This tbh,,,,otherwise stock market is for suckers. Only a few make life changing money and the rest sweat the ups and downs and die early of high blood pressure. Make enough money to invest very conservatively and you will have no worries. If youre relying on the stock market to make your life,,,,youre in trouble already,,,,,
    Owning stocks is one of the best ways to beat inflation. The key is to diversify in terms of risk, sector, and type of investment. Don't put all your money into stocks. A few bonds, stocks, and cash, with the mix determined by your time horizon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Owning stocks is one of the best ways to beat inflation. The key is to diversify in terms of risk, sector, and type of investment. Don't put all your money into stocks. A few bonds, stocks, and cash, with the mix determined by your time horizon.
    CC likes to speculate. That is what he is asking for: individual stocks to gamble on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any good stock ideas? Markets been really strange lately. Have a wad parked in 9 month cds @ 5.1% but also looking for ideas for better returns in the market.
    The problem with this question is that you haven't provided other important information like your investing time horizon, risk tolerance, etc.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Owning stocks is one of the best ways to beat inflation. The key is to diversify in terms of risk, sector, and type of investment. Don't put all your money into stocks. A few bonds, stocks, and >>>>>>>>>cash<<<<<<<<<, with the mix determined by your time horizon.
    There, that's the 1.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's only like gambling if you approach it like gambling, i.e. looking for that "big individual win".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what if deflation is the real danger now?
    Then it's another financial system collapse, and bonds will get clobbered as well as equities.

Been telling ya'll since 2020 it's time to be liquid and stay nimble. The end of the boomer boom is the end of set it and forget it retirement planning.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that's interesting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that's interesting

I agree this is very interesting - though I would say more likely coincidental that predictive. Proceed with caution.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have a lot of short term uncertainty as far financial needs go. second kid on the way, and in march we're going to find out where we're going to live during my wife's residency. might be moving somewhere with a higher cost of living, need a new car, etc.

with that in mind i've been pretty conservative. short term CDs, some treasury bills, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree this is very interesting - though I would say more likely coincidental that predictive. Proceed with caution.
    Exactly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that's interesting

this is kindergarten analysis tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That explains why he stashes his cash under the mattress.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That explains why he stashes his cash under the mattress.
    & there ain't nothin' with doing precisely that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not analysis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not analysis.
    it is tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not analysis.
    If not analysis, what is it?

Made up ? Wild ass guess? Lawrence just overlaying graphs until they matched?

If you ever heard Summers speak, my condolences.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If not analysis, what is it?
    It's a warning to those of you who think the soft landing has been achieved.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Powell has made it very clear he wants to be Volcker not Miller.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's only like gambling if you approach it like gambling, i.e. looking for that "big individual win".
    Not if you pay 2 dollars to win on a >99-1 horse and do it only once a year.
    If you do it for entertainment in small amounts I get it.
    Either way you wont know the horses like the guys who run the barn, train, and watch the workouts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Nvidia has gone to the moon this year but 40x future earnings seems rich for me.
    My guess it's probably going to $1000 in the next 12 months. That said, grabbing the ass end of a rocket is a good way to get burned.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a warning to those of you who think the soft landing has been achieved.
    So it's analysis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information