Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't remember a single team across any sport this horribly coached tbh.

The hilarious thing is that this "experiment" bull will ultimately amount to nothing and the old man will revert to what the majority of non-re s on the board are begging him to do either late this season or some time next, and the Sniff Crew will be amazed at his "adjustments"

The start of this season has been absolutely criminal. I don't think it's an overreaction to say he's set back the development of Sochan and Wemby at least a season or two. Jeremy would be so ing good on any other team in the league and the old man is trying to turn him into Speedy Claxton. Criminal, just absolutely criminal.
    Half the time the team looks really good the first six minutes. Then Victor gets subbed out and that double digit lead evaporates in about 2 or 3 minutes. Other half of the time the team looks dog from the beginning. Wemby's such a great prospect he still carries the team when used in a way only a ing re would. Pop has been amazing for this team over the years but no, this is the stupidest thing I have ever seen a Spurs coach do and I have no confidence in him making the obvious adjustments and righting the ship late season or the middle of next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't see the game. Any cliffnotes?
    Branham started. Do you need anything more?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. I have questioned Pop a lot before, but this is another level… to the point that it looks intentional but maybe it isn’t. Just thought he decided to start fouling Curry and Thompson to ensure the tank… it’s the kind of move tankathon teams do.
    There is nothing to tank for this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite the same old same old, GSW started turning over the ball like crazy due to Spurs solid D and perhaps their own issues as a team (thought this is a very weak GSW team tbqh with you - no Draymond and they missed him, the screens he sets and the two man game with Curry)… anyways, on the back of those GSW TO the Spurs got it to within a possession but then Pop said, well let’s ensure the tank and decided to stop playing straight up D and fouling Curry and Thompson who converted every shot and despite some hustle from Johnson and the Spurs scoring every possession they couldn’t steal that game-as it were. I’d have played straight up D and live with the results. Rest of the game is very forgettable, but this was winnable. Watch like the last couple of minutes
    not sure if srs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is nothing to tank for this year
    Yeah I have no idea about that…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol definitely some liberty there. I assume the coach wanted them to foul in that situation because why would they do it 3 times in a row to end the game? Maybe I give too much credit to Pop for being the man asking for that strategy in that situation.

are you saying the players just fouled out of incompetence? Honestly I hadn’t considered that… it’s possible I guess.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 11-25-2023 at 01:46 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Half the time the team looks really good the first six minutes. Then Victor gets subbed out and that double digit lead evaporates in about 2 or 3 minutes. Other half of the time the team looks dog from the beginning. Wemby's such a great prospect he still carries the team when used in a way only a ing re would. Pop has been amazing for this team over the years but no, this is the stupidest thing I have ever seen a Spurs coach do and I have no confidence in him making the obvious adjustments and righting the ship late season or the middle of next year.
    I do feel like he won’t make any adjustments through the season. The man is stubborn and started Bryn Forbes a whole season— 82 games IIRC… it’s dispiriting because Pop does “experiment” some times but he also sticks with something that’s not working an entire year once he falls “in love” with some idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do feel like he won’t make any adjustments through the season. The man is stubborn and started Bryn Forbes a whole season— 82 games IIRC… it’s dispiriting because Pop does “experiment” some times but he also sticks with something that’s not working an entire year once he falls “in love” with some idea.
    He fell in love with Sochan at PG before any Sochan PG games actually occurred

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    another DNP for Graham and Mamu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He fell in love with Sochan at PG before any Sochan PG games actually occurred
    <— pass the wine pls lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Injuries: None

Warriors Injuries: Draymond Green (suspended), Gary Payton II (foot, day to day)

I think the Spurs win this. They actually played better against the Clippers after the players-only meeting. Victor played more aggressively and in the paint grabbing 15 rebounds and 7 FT attempts, only 2 3pts attempts and 2 TO. The TO’s can still be cleaned-up avoiding dribbling in traffic and keeping the ball high. Sochan likewise had an aggressive game especially in the 4th quarter. Jeremy playing PG has made him passive somewhat and should learn to call his number and take over at times. I’m hoping for Spurs to win tonight and get some moral booster against a former NBA champion on the road. GSG!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow Spurs are really lucky to have a guy with Vic's personality tbh...
    Maybe the reason they don't hesitate to handicap him
    Amzing answer from about 5'22

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has been atrocious this year so far and I have no idea why he's doing what he's doing but people need to chill with the hyperbole. Sochan hasn't been dramatically set back. He's played a month as a position he shouldn't have, but that doesn't meant he experience will be fully negative. He's going to get a lot of perspective from this. To say he's been set back a year is just ridiculous.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Lol relax y’all. It’s going to be at least one more tank before signing some vets to put around Wemby and the new guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has been atrocious this year so far and I have no idea why he's doing what he's doing but people need to chill with the hyperbole. Sochan hasn't been dramatically set back. He's played a month as a position he shouldn't have, but that doesn't meant he experience will be fully negative. He's going to get a lot of perspective from this. To say he's been set back a year is just ridiculous.
    He didn't just play a month at PG though. He spent an off-season preparing for it. That first summer after the rookie year is when a play can really start to incorporate coaching feed back into their game. Jeremy had things he needed to work on at PF he might've neglected to focus on PG stuff. He's not ruined forever or anything like that. But this does affect his development.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't remember a single team across any sport this horribly coached tbh.

The hilarious thing is that this "experiment" bull will ultimately amount to nothing and the old man will revert to what the majority of non-re s on the board are begging him to do either late this season or some time next, and the Sniff Crew will be amazed at his "adjustments"

The start of this season has been absolutely criminal. I don't think it's an overreaction to say he's set back the development of Sochan and Wemby at least a season or two. Jeremy would be so ing good on any other team in the league and the old man is trying to turn him into Speedy Claxton. Criminal, just absolutely criminal.
    A single team across any sport he says…
    Bold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite the same old same old, GSW started turning over the ball like crazy due to Spurs solid D and perhaps their own issues as a team (thought this is a very weak GSW team tbqh with you - no Draymond and they missed him, the screens he sets and the two man game with Curry)… anyways, on the back of those GSW TO the Spurs got it to within a possession but then Pop said, well let’s ensure the tank and decided to stop playing straight up D and fouling Curry and Thompson who converted every shot and despite some hustle from Johnson and the Spurs scoring every possession they couldn’t steal that game-as it were. I’d have played straight up D and live with the results. Rest of the game is very forgettable, but this was winnable. Watch like the last couple of minutes
    We were down 4 with 34 seconds to go before any fouls happened. They inbounded to Curry, we tried to get the steal but didn't and fouled with 27 seconds left. It was the right move. Otherwise they run out the shot clock and you're down 2 possessions with 10 seconds to go.

Then after the FTs down 6, Osman hits a 3 with 20 seconds to go and we foul Curry again at 17 seconds. Perhaps they could have gone for a steal a few more seconds before fouling, but you can't just play "straight up D" down 3 with the shot clock turned off.

There have been some horrendous end-game fouls this year, but last night was not one of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan in the Clips game the other night, down 5 at 41 seconds when 14 seconds had already ran off the shot clock, that was a stupid ass foul.

Sochan in the Tpups game down 7 with 1:11 to go, we didn't even go for the steal. Another stupid ass foul.

But last night was played properly imho

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I don't recall anything more egregious and careless from the NBA than a HOF coach allowing his 1st overall pick/generational talent to start the game with his name misspelled on his jersey, while just recently he was chastising the fans over booing the opponent. Two things that are not related but can be tied together to show disregard for his own job as president of basketball operations, while showing his ass by overplaying his "I'm a great caring coach" hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't recall anything more egregious and careless from the NBA than a HOF coach allowing his 1st overall pick/generational talent to start the game with his name misspelled on his jersey, while just recently he was chastising the fans over booing the opponent. Two things that are not related but can be tied together to show disregard for his own job as president of basketball operations, while showing his ass by overplaying his "I'm a great caring coach" hand.
    well, that's really a pathetic nitpick
    head coach is now responsible for the equipment lol

Thread Information