Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't force a trade. He's here for at least 4 years, but you know that. We at least had a great game last night. Can we beat the Hawks? That's my question.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd never cut it on SpursTalk.
    lmaooo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sky isn't falling but there is one concerning thing that's almost never mentioned -- the many empty seats at home games.

Losing may not get to Victor but losing coupled with a perceived lack of interest by the fans might.

Every road game Wemby plays, the arena is packed with excited, anticipating fans (then the Spurs lose).

Losing and lack of support might be a double whammy that eventually could sour him on the Spurs.

Even an eternal optimist like me is somewhat concerned.

The Spurs may not be able to win a lot this year but they could damn sure do something about that situation if they really wanted to -- communicate with the holders of those primo lower bowl (almost courtside) tickets, explain the problem, and work something out, some way somehow.
    i'm a season ticket holder and just from looking, there are more filled seats this season. spurs are 14th in attendance this year (18,384) whereas they were 25th last season (17,293). Of the games i've been to this season, only the game against the clippers (11/20) seemed a bit sparse but even then, the upper rafters were much better than they were last season. the problem is that too many fans have placed unreasonable expectations on this season. trust vegas (who have the spurs at 29 wins this year for a reason). this team gave away a lot of assets to get future assets and a shot at a generational talent. we got the latter and now the process of evaluating what remaining assets we keep and what new ones we obtain is under way.
    Last edited by rjv; 11-27-2023 at 01:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Creating hypothetical doomsday glasses of water to drown in

Kawhi should cover every Spurs fan's therapy sessions, tbh. We should send a pe ion to the league or something.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would boo Wemby. Sorry but Loyalty is important.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holt and the other owners, even as basketball illiterate as some of them are, would bounce Pop before Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To answer the OP's question, regardless of how realistic such a scenario is, I would boo any player who forces a trade out or leaves on otherwise bad terms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't see Wemby forcing his way out.

and we'll see how we are in year 3 compe ive wise. if its still like the way it is this year then we can kiss him goodbye.

but if there is obvious progression and the team is getting better with some hope of being a real contender, then I believe he will stay.
    He doesn't seem like a quitter and his legacy will only be bigger if hes able to take the crappy spurs and be part of a turnaround to make them winners again and be champions again.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Never go full re ."

I make love to pressure. CapitalEmm's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d feel the same way about it as I feel about Kawhi.

Tbh I don’t blame Kawhi for wanting out and with the current cluster I wouldn’t blame Wemby for wanting out either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby would look great in a Lakers jersey, ngl

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is this thread still active ffs??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you should not be allowed to post much less make threads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tbh with all on-going craps...

When this happened, Poop would not need to talk over and steal the mic to tell fans to stop booing Wemby.
    100 legit thread.

Lets hope it never comes to this.
    Hey aren't we coming up on 3-15?
    Isn't that when Popped inserted himself in 1997?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a window of time to make him happy. It’s not like he’s going to sign a 1 year QO as a restricted free agent in order to force his way out after 5 years.

after his 3rd year, he will be eligible for a 5 year extension. to force his way out, he'd simply have to play out the 4th year of his rookie deal with no other guarantees, and then play on a 1 year QO with no other guarantees.

there isnt a scenario he gets moved unless he fails to develop or is consistently hurt. imo the first time he'd be a legitimate threat to leave would be if he demands a trade during that 2nd contract, and that only really becomes feasible if its basically in the last year of that deal, which is going to be somethin like 8 years away
    Last edited by spurraider21; 11-28-2023 at 02:42 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs got him for a good 7-8 years and after that he will be an unrestricted FA where anything is possible. I do think unlike Kawhi he will honor his contract and play it out. I'm just going to enjoy the next 7-8 years and whatever happens happens after it is over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17 games in. That's hilarious.

GTFO, OP....GTFO

Thread Information