Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this is a pretty decent approach. Someone like Harris or Gordon Hayward.

I still think if you execute that FA signing and draft exactly like you spell out, you still have two more signings/trades you need to make in order to jump into the play-in (or above). Still need a starting PG (Topic is going to take multiple years to develop) and a backup SG. Branham/Champagnie isn't going to cut it.
    Whats our cap space looking like this summer? Spotrac has 35 mil (if I'm reading that correct). Is that about right? (with guys like Harris, Hayward, Derozan, Fathead, as realistic options)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’d be nice if goals like getting a perimeter wing were actually declared/expected. They aren’t though, unfortunately.

Ive come to realize that Pop wants to retire a champion - in 5 years. He has given himself carte blanche to do anything he wishes as long as he reasonably believes in his heart of hearts the Spurs/Wemby will be contenders in his final year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’d be nice if goals like getting a perimeter wing were actually declared/expected. They aren’t though, unfortunately.

Ive come to realize that Pop wants to retire a champion - in 5 years. He has given himself carte blanche to do anything he wishes as long as he reasonably believes in his heart of hearts the Spurs/Wemby will be contenders in his final year.
    I think if he wins he won't retire. He'll probably gonna think he can overtake Phil Jackson and hold the franchise hostage for another 5-10 years. The man has the biggest ego in sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I was going to upgrade any positions it’d be trade picks/splurge on an all star level wing and upgrade the backup center position. I’m a fan of Tre and Sochan. I don’t love Vassell but he may look way better as the third option. KJ is slumping bad right now, hopefully he snap out of it.

Next year would be;
    Tre
    Vassell
    <Major Upgrade>
    Sochan
    Wemby

Bench:
    KJ
    <upgrade over Collins>
    everyone else

Thread Information