holy diver

this game is brutally difficult

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy diver

this game is brutally difficult
    From the first level it looks harder than Japan Super Mario 2 but not as tough as Silver Surfer on the NES rankings. Or does it get harder than Silver Surfer later on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm having an absolute blast with divers 2. Early GOTY candidate for sure.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    From the first level it looks harder than Japan Super Mario 2 but not as tough as Silver Surfer on the NES rankings. Or does it get harder than Silver Surfer later on?
    after the first level, it's pretty tough. the third level is where it drives me insane. id say it's undoubtedly the most difficult nes game I've ever played. silver surfer is pretty easy compared to this.
    Last edited by Neo.; 02-21-2024 at 04:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Armored Core VI has been pretty enjoyable. Boss fights can be pretty intense and upgrading/customizing your mech is fun. Solid pickup on sale

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh the fight with Elizabeth in Persona 3 Reload is a ing troll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in LA for a month so no gaming for a bit

but having just finished Forbidden West before leaving (dont have DLC, will get that later when on a good sale)... probably will jump into Jedi: Fallen Order next. gotta start chipping away at that backlog.

then maybe one more short game like blade Senuas Sacrifice then def want to play Ghost of Tsushima

have some behemoths like Dark Souls 2 and 3 that i want to get through before touching elden ring, but those almost feel like a chore to boot up

the games i might end up buying and cutting the line of my backlog are TLOU Part 2 (gotta play that before the next season of the show) as well as Spiderman 2. that one just looks like great fun, especially having recently played Miles Morales and remembering how fun the gameplay of that series was

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in LA for a month so no gaming for a bit

but having just finished Forbidden West before leaving (dont have DLC, will get that later when on a good sale)... probably will jump into Jedi: Fallen Order next. gotta start chipping away at that backlog.

then maybe one more short game like blade Senuas Sacrifice then def want to play Ghost of Tsushima

have some behemoths like Dark Souls 2 and 3 that i want to get through before touching elden ring, but those almost feel like a chore to boot up

the games i might end up buying and cutting the line of my backlog are TLOU Part 2 (gotta play that before the next season of the show) as well as Spiderman 2. that one just looks like great fun, especially having recently played Miles Morales and remembering how fun the gameplay of that series was
    Might as well wait until June 21st for Elden Ring since that's when the DLC comes. Though I'd skip it forward beyond Dark Souls 3 in your queue. And probably 2 also since I have heard 2 isn't as good as 3, but I haven't played 2. 3 is great but Elden Ring is a better game and you're never going to finish your backlog anyways. Spiderman 2 I think I'm waiting for either $30 on PS5 or a Steam release.

Also wouldn't bother with the $10 TLOU Part II PS5 native upgrade, as the PS4 game runs perfectly and looks great at either 1800p60 or 1440p60 (forget which it is) in performance mode on PS5. Even better game than the first IMO. Also wouldn't bother with the $10 PS5 native upgrade for Ghost of Tsushima. All it adds is a bunch of annoying vibration in the DualSense and better lip sync with the Japanese voices. Which you should use, Jin Sakai sounds angry as in the Japanese voice but kind of gy in the English voice, but even being able to understand what he says in Japanese the lip sync didn't bother me at all in the PS4 version in BC and it runs 1800p60 in the graphics mode playing the PS4 game in BC on PS5.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-23-2024 at 05:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally finished a second playthrough of Persona 3 Reload with a kill of Elizabeth so I'll probably move on to the Final Fantasy VII Rebirth demo tonight or tomorrow and see whether I want to buy at launch. Probably will since the reviews look stellar and there is nothing I want to play ahead of it right now anyways after Sega locked the Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth New Game Plus behind a $15 paywall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well wait until June 21st for Elden Ring since that's when the DLC comes. Though I'd skip it forward beyond Dark Souls 3 in your queue. And probably 2 also since I have heard 2 isn't as good as 3, but I haven't played 2. 3 is great but Elden Ring is a better game and you're never going to finish your backlog anyways. Spiderman 2 I think I'm waiting for either $30 on PS5 or a Steam release.

Also wouldn't bother with the $10 TLOU Part II PS5 native upgrade, as the PS4 game runs perfectly and looks great at either 1800p60 or 1440p60 (forget which it is) in performance mode on PS5. Even better game than the first IMO. Also wouldn't bother with the $10 PS5 native upgrade for Ghost of Tsushima. All it adds is a bunch of annoying vibration in the DualSense and better lip sync with the Japanese voices. Which you should use, Jin Sakai sounds angry as in the Japanese voice but kind of gy in the English voice, but even being able to understand what he says in Japanese the lip sync didn't bother me at all in the PS4 version in BC and it runs 1800p60 in the graphics mode playing the PS4 game in BC on PS5.
    If i don’t play ds 2 and 3 before Elden ring I’m basically committing to never playing ds2 and likely ds3

if wifey’s residency doesn’t bring us back to socal I’ll still have loads of time to kill at nights after the kiddos are asleep

I can get thru the backlog. Esp since i think I’m done sinking ~2 years into cod

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If i don’t play ds 2 and 3 before Elden ring I’m basically committing to never playing ds2 and likely ds3

if wifey’s residency doesn’t bring us back to socal I’ll still have loads of time to kill at nights after the kiddos are asleep

I can get thru the backlog. Esp since i think I’m done sinking ~2 years into cod
    LOL you'll never get through your backlog. I see no reason why playing Elden Ring commits you to never playing Dark Souls 3. They're pretty different games. It's like saying I'll never play Spiderman because I want to play GTA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL you'll never get through your backlog. I see no reason why playing Elden Ring commits you to never playing Dark Souls 3. They're pretty different games. It's like saying I'll never play Spiderman because I want to play GTA.
    its harder to go back to older games in a series. its like playing GTA5 then going and playing San Andreas. imagine playing GTA V, and having San Andreas and GTA 3 in your backlog. GTA 3 will never feel right (unless its a game you've played before and like for nostalgia's sake)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its harder to go back to older games in a series. its like playing GTA5 then going and playing San Andreas. imagine playing GTA V, and having San Andreas and GTA 3 in your backlog. GTA 3 will never feel right (unless its a game you've played before and like for nostalgia's sake)
    Meh I played Super Mario Odyssey before I played anything beyond the first stage of Super Mario 64 and still really enjoyed playing through the full game of the latter. Or Persona 5 on PS4 before Persona 1 on PSP. Or NieR Automata on PS4 before Nier Gestalt on XBox 360. Or Dragon Quest XI S on PS5 before Dragon Quest 1 on Super Famicom. Or Shin Megami Tensei IV on 3DS before Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne on PS2. Or Zelda Breath on the Wild on Switch before Zelda Wind Waker on Gamecube. A good game is a good game and worth playing in any order.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-23-2024 at 07:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh I played Super Mario Odyssey before I played anything beyond the first stage of Super Mario 64 and still really enjoyed playing through the full game of the latter. Or Persona 5 on PS4 before Persona 1 on PSP. Or NieR Automata on PS4 before Nier Gestalt on XBox 360. Or Dragon Quest XI S on PS5 before Dragon Quest 1 on Super Famicom. Or Shin Megami Tensei IV on 3DS before Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne on PS2. Or Zelda Breath on the Wild on Switch before Zelda Wind Waker on Gamecube. A good is a good game and worth playing in any order.
    different strokes

to me its hard to go backwards because the warts are way more noticeable, going backwards from QOL perspective. its doable, but just less enjoyable imo. i woulda been annoyed playing HZD after HFW, losing the glider, among other things

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got the FFVII Rebirth Twin Pack. If you preorder you get Intergrade free, but you only got two hours to do so and then it goes up $30 more if you want both. Played enough of the demo to convince me I want this at launch, and then turned it off to wait for the real thing. Probably should have ordered this earlier in the day since it's a 150GB download.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FF7 Rebirth is awesome. Really enjoying this adaptation so far

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FF7 Rebirth is awesome. Really enjoying this adaptation so far
    spurraider21 will be proud. Bought Rebirth full price at launch to play after finishing Persona 3 Reload but haven't touched the game other than downloading it because I want to buy Persona 5 for a third time in the Steam sale Thursday and play that instead after how great Persona 3 Reload was.

Ugh ing Atlus won't let me upgrade my PS4 version of Persona 5 Royal to the PS5 version to get the 60 fps and I don't want to spend full price a third time on the game so will wait for Thursday since this always drops to $30 in the big Steam sales.

Maybe should just do a 78th playthrough of Persona 4 Golden instead as a compromise?

Really do want P5 in 4k60 though. ing EMPRESS retiring from cracking Denuvo so can't pirate this game I already bought twice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of Persona 3 Reload, can't wait for the DLC in September

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That makes no sense. I actually think Dark Souls 3 is the superior game. ER does a ton of things better but the back 1/3rd of it really drops off with incredibly tedious areas and weird difficulty es, whereas DS3 is just sublime the entire way through.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That makes no sense. I actually think Dark Souls 3 is the superior game. ER does a ton of things better but the back 1/3rd of it really drops off with incredibly tedious areas and weird difficulty es, whereas DS3 is just sublime the entire way through.
    Wasn't my experience at all, thought Elden Ring was rock solid the entire way through. The only huge difficulty e I found was right before the end of the game if you wanted to fight one of those optional tree minibosses that jumps up and drops scarlet rot but that was only because he was in a really confined location right at a doorway and you had two miniboss knights or something (been a while since I played it so forget the exact enemy type) attacking you at the same time, so I can usually only kill that boss maybe 20% of the time. Best to just run past it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't my experience at all, thought Elden Ring was rock solid the entire way through. The only huge difficulty e I found was right before the end of the game if you wanted to fight one of those optional tree minibosses that jumps up and drops scarlet rot but that was only because he was in a really confined location right at a doorway and you had two miniboss knights or something (been a while since I played it so forget the exact enemy type) attacking you at the same time, so I can usually only kill that boss maybe 20% of the time. Best to just run past it.
    Eh. The Haligtree alone is/was the opposite of fun for me. As were several of the laboriously repe ive dungeons you could explore that felt incredibly samey. Oddly enough, Malenia wasn't even close to the toughest boss in the game for me, that went to the Valiant Gargoyles. Worst boss fight in the entire Dark Souls series of games. Not even remotely enjoyable. I got Malenia close on my 5th try and took her out on my 13th or 14th. Not bad.

ER is still an utterly fantastic game, and if anyone else had released it it would be an unimaginable feat. But I just feel that Ds3 was tighter, more balanced, and more focused.

I want to play through both again and see if I still feel that way, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still chipping away at Ghost of Tsushima.. all these hours in and still unlocking moves and upgrades.. it's almost as this game has too much at your disposal lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still chipping away at Ghost of Tsushima.. all these hours in and still unlocking moves and upgrades.. it's almost as this game has too much at your disposal lol
    Really excited for the PC port! I'm curious to see if the visuals will be even further upgraded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steam Spring Sale is on! Discounts are super meh this time around.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Techmo Super Bowl, first time in quite a few years and I'm getting slaughtered.

Thread Information