Page 259 of 342 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,475 of 8545
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean real measurements. He doesn't look close to 6'10" at all.
    I guess I'll trust your perception on a screen more than the Nike Hoop summit pros who measured him then...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I'll trust your perception on a screen more than the Nike Hoop summit pros who measured him then...
    Yeah, those places never lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I need those growth plate measurements before I can make a projection….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reed didn’t even look like he tried too hard to get the vert.
    I noticed his hops watching him play in games.
    Many of his blocks are the one step jump variety where he gets a lot more air than anyone expects.

I posted my updated big board last week and had Sheppard 2nd overall, partly because I think he’s a better athlete than most people expect. Combine that with his IQ and elite shooting stroke and I think he’s perfect for the Spurs. Wemby will handle the ball so much on inverted pick and roll and Reed would be amazing as the pick guy or the first guy open off of rotation. I might even want him above Risacher (my #1) for fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reed didn’t even look like he tried too hard to get the vert.
    I noticed his hops watching him play in games.
    Many of his blocks are the one step jump variety where he gets a lot more air than anyone expects.
    Derrick White with less on ball defense but much better shooting?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was Dilly's vert?

Some real classy, gym rat, lunch pail carrying vertical jump #s on that board tbh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick White with less on ball defense but much better shooting?
    He's an inch shorter the D-White I believe but not the worst comparison. Derrick has much longer arms though. He has nearly a 6'8 wingspan compared to Sheppard's 6'3 wingspan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's an inch shorter the D-White I believe but not the worst comparison. Derrick has much longer arms though. He has nearly a 6'8 wingspan compared to Sheppard's 6'3 wingspan.
    Ya - it’s not a great comp tbh…Derrick is an all world defender who has worked on his shot. Reed is no where near that but is already a gunner shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    think this draft is about to get shaken up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White has a 6'7.5 wingspan though. No matter who y'all compare Sheppard or Dillingham to, they are both closer to Tre Jones and Trae Young than Derrick White, Tyrese Maxey, Mike Conley, etc. when it comes to length

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is going to be fun. HOU at 3 really is a pivot point and then cant rule out ATL doing something big too. Do they draft at 1 and it kicks off a Trae trade request like with Dame in POR? Or do they appease Trae by trading that pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow, that's absolute dog

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reed would have to improve on-ball defense significantly to be anywhere near DWhite, but I think a net zero defender is possible for him. I’m pretty sure White is 3 inches taller and has a 5 inch wingspan advantage and that makes a big difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlikely scenario, if both Risacher and Sheppard are available at 4 who do you take?
    I still think you take the Frenchman but it’s not an easy call.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheppard is closer to Kirk Hinrich than he is Derrick White tbh. Hinrich was a little taller with a longer wingspan, but Sheppard is a little more athletic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    /thread. Well, that particular topic. People don't seem to understand relative value. It would be a king's ransom to bring Trae here.

Draft Dilly at eight if that's the kind of skillset you want next Wemby. If he doesn't pan out, you burned the eight pick, not a bunch of picks and tens of millions.
    It's called known/proven quality vs. zero guarantees, and that's what you pay for because that's rare and hard to get.

I mean sure, everyone would prefer to get talent for cheaper but in terms of bust probability you can't compare a 3 time all star with an unproven kid with zero NBA games . Not even discussing the pertinence of the trade in itself, and you never know about chemistry, while a ship is never guaranteed, but Trae Young IS already an NBA star, a 20 & 10 guy who would come as such from day 1 in SA. There's no bust possibilty as far as what he brings is concerned.... On the other side, we have no real idea of what Dilly can actually bring or gonna become, or if he's even a starter. There IS a bust probability with him. Sure, it costs you less but at the end of the day, you lose another two years and still don't have your quality PG if he busts...

So It's on any team to determine what is the urgency or pertinence in bringing proven talent vs. propsects, depending on their situation, from rebuidling to contending.
    Last edited by JPB; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlikely scenario, if both Risacher and Sheppard are available at 4 who do you take?
    I still think you take the Frenchman but it’s not an easy call.
    Spurs would almost certainly take Risacher imo. I don't think he'll be available at 4 personally, but that's who I think they'd take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Castle can shoot like that and is better offensively then what he was able to showcase at UCONN, he could rise up draft boards and be a target at 4. We know defensively he already shows elite traits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? No stool sample results yet?

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He still has the slow lateral speed. Too much stock is put on these measurements when they never matter after the draft.
    Film > Combine measurments

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't Primo the pick because he had a good combine and combine scrimmage? I don't think a lot of the teams put stock into this but I know BWrong def does tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stuff like this is what makes the combine so intriguing. Every year we see guy(s) who aren't very good shooters light it up during these drills. Is it legit and does it project to the next level? Or did they just have a good showing cause nobody was guarding them? Who knows. If Castle were even a 35% shooter from 3, he'd be a top-5 lock. But, he's not. That's the risk you run taking a guy who hasn't been able to shoot that high in the draft.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ROFL Walter the shooter who can't shoot

Thread Information