Page 268 of 345 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,700 of 8615
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say this much... two picks in the top 8 makes this time of year at ST.com more exciting than just sitting around and waiting for us to draft Wemby

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taking your eighth pick and picking Topic and stashing him?

Never change, ST.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those of you who don't want Trae Young on the spurs, you might just get a younger one (dillingham)
    Which is perfectly fine since he will not cost 4 unprotected picks nor demand a max contract.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.tankathon.com/power_rankings

According to tankathon draft power rankings Spurs have the strongest draft stash this year (as expected with the 8th pick conveying). And it’s not even close.

Good position to be in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take your wing at 4, trade CHA pick 8 + their pick back to move to 6.
    who are you moving up to 6 for that wouldn’t be there at 8? Another wing?? Would you try and go Ris and Holland? Castle?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not a matter of motor. He played in a ball sharing high level motion offense. It’s not designed for anyone to take over.
    I mean, I think it’s maybe more than that. I agree he was being a team player in the system but he so often barely looked to score of turn on boosters on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That combo is never happening. If both are available at 4, the Pistons will select at 5 whoever the Spurs don't pick out of of those two.
    I introduced a scenario where Spurs trade with DET for pick 5.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If not for that tragic choke, Danny would've won the FMVP with nothing but defense, cuts and c&s 3pts.
    J.A. Adande was on the "BS Report" (the then Bill Simmons podcast) immediately after game 6, said the voting was done (the league had to have the entire presentation ready to go since it was so close) and Duncan would have won it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did Dillingham just skip the combine workouts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm, to each his own then. When Wemby sits, I don’t want this team’s offense and defense to go to . I like the old Spurs’ way of all 48 minutes being dominant and that doesn’t really happen on a team full of one dimensional players. I get that Vassell is a guy who can shoulder the team when Wemby sits, but that’s not enough.
    Those Spurs team were full of "one-dimensional" players. Danny Green, Patty Mills, Neal, Belinelli, Bonner. You know what they all had in common? They could shoot, tbh.

The Spurs are gonna have Wemby, Vassell, Tre, Keldon, Sochan, even Branahm, and whoever they draft at PG as guys that can handle the rock and playmake a little. They don't need more, tbh. They desperately need shooting, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who are you moving up to 6 for that wouldn’t be there at 8? Another wing?? Would you try and go Ris and Holland? Castle?
    That was in response to thinking the player SA wanted wouldn’t fall to 8. If you’re worried about that you can move up to 6th pretty easily I would guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those Spurs team were full of "one-dimensional" players. Danny Green, Patty Mills, Neal, Belinelli, Bonner. You know what they all had in common? They could shoot, tbh.

The Spurs are gonna have Wemby, Vassell, Tre, Keldon, Sochan, even Branahm, and whoever they draft at PG as guys that can handle the rock and playmake a little. They don't need more, tbh. They desperately need shooting, though.
    Yet when the Spurs went for shooting with Forbes and Doug McDermott, SpursTalk never stopped complaining. In fact, they complain about it to this day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collier being 6-2.5 without shoes is a huge win for him. I don't think people are completely calibrated to the new NBA height listings yet. But Collier legit has good PG size. He's taller than Dillingham, Sheppard, Castle and McClain. He is less than an inch shorter than Derrick White and is taller than Marcus Smart. He really needed that size to support the idea that he can be a PG who can overpower his man on the way to the rim. You'd want him to have that extra inch to make him more versatile on both ends. But he may start moving back up boards as people try to figure out how much weight they can place on bad situations like USC and the Ignite.
    I think nobody had questions about Collier's size, tbh. If anything, 6-2.5 seems shorter than he appears. The questions come about his absolute putrid style of play and complete lack of feel for the game, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet when the Spurs went for shooting with Forbes and Doug McDermott, SpursTalk never stopped complaining. In fact, they complain about it to this day.
    Those players would have been fine as 10/11 ish rotation players. Not as starters playing 35 minutes per game, which Forbes was there for a bit.

Anyways, we're talking about Risacher here. Good shooting with above average defense is definitely starter and 35 minutes per game material, as Danny Green was.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take the wing at 4 and the guard that's available at 8. Matas/Castle or Zacc/Dilly
    This. 5.6.7 are really not need of PG. Either Dilly or Castle will be available. Castle coming in way below is UCONN height of 6'6 at combine today virtually assures he is dropping. At 6'6 he would have been top 3 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I introduced a scenario where Spurs trade with DET for pick 5.
    This isn't a draft to trade up, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. 5.6.7 are really not need of PG. Either Dilly or Castle will be available. Castle coming in way below is UCONN height of 6'6 at combine today virtually assures he is dropping. At 6'6 he would have been top 3 pick.
    Just a head's up that Castle's combine measurements were reported in error. The measurements said to belong to Castle were actually Devin Carter's. The correct Castle measurements will be updated soon. There was apparently a Purdue fan working measurements today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. With a consensus "flat-ish" draft, you may be able to obtain the player you want at a significantly less cost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say this much... two picks in the top 8 makes this time of year at ST.com more exciting than just sitting around and waiting for us to draft Wemby
    I can't wait to trade them for some actual talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. With a consensus "flat-ish" draft, you may be able to obtain the player you want at a significantly less cost.
    I mean, if you really believe in a prospect, sure. But if PATFO are like most of us, in absolute uncertainty, staying put is the best option.

For example, I lean towards Dilly a bit more than Sheppard, but I wouldn't trade up for the former if I know that the later will be available at my position. Same with Risacher and Buzelis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think with some context it may be…..my scenario the trade up from 8 to 5 is secondary to the reasons to do the trade to a degree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, if you really believe in a prospect, sure. But if PATFO are like most of us, in absolute uncertainty, staying put is the best option.

For example, I lean towards Dilly a bit more than Sheppard, but I wouldn't trade up for the former if I know that the later will be available at my position. Same with Risacher and Buzelis.
    I know when we look at these boards, archetypes, skill sets can start to blur together.
    The truth is though, every player is unique and what often distinguishes them is the intangible; the unquantifiable by traditional basketball metrics.

If the Spurs fall in love with a prospect from this draft, it shouldn't take Heaven and Earth to acquire provided the other team is:

A) From the Eastern Conference - and B) Has a different prognostication of Outcomes for said asset

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would be nice if we had some insight from people who actually watched a handful of games, especially international prospects. Lots of speculation / opinions here based on feel. Personally just hoping the Spurs draft on the basis of BPA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm keeping an eye on some of these former projected lottery picks now projected in the 2nd. Not because I want them, but because I think it just goes to show how off-base early season mocks can be.

Justin Edwards and Ryan Dunn now mocked in the mid second in that lastest CBS mock.
    Ryan Dunn didn't do himself any favors today in shooting drills, finishing dead last of all the prospects who partook. He offers absolutely no playmaking whatsoever, so hitting open shots is his only projected role offensively at the next level. He needed to show he's and improved shooter, or at the very least that there's some potential there for improvement, and he somehow looked even worst than anticipated.

Justin Edwards isn't the same defender that Dunn is, but he's still a capable one with good length who also happens to be a much better shooter than Dunn. He had a disappointing season obviously after coming in as a big time recruit and being a projected 2024 lottery pick, but he's still someone to keep an eye on in the 2nd Round as a draft-and-stash candidate.

Thread Information