Page 283 of 357 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,075 of 8918
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Claxton will more than likely re-sign for 4/$100-125M with the Nets.

Investing significantly in another big/non shooter would be tone deaf anyway, as would drafting both Castle and Holland.
    Castle and Holland is just about the only two- ty-shooter draft combo I think would be worth the swing, but it would be tough passing up the more sure things from the arc.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle and Holland is just about the only two- ty-shooter draft combo I think would be worth the swing, but it would be tough passing up the more sure things from the arc.
    Dilly and Holland would be fine if we could swing it. Here's an interesting thought... what if Houston passed on Shepherd and you could wind up with Shepherd and Holland? One gunner and one defender/slasher.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shepherd and Holland? One gunner and one defender/slasher.
    Sounds good to me, get it on the note cards to Silver asap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love everything about Reed…except his size. So to me, if you’re drafting on offense (because even though Reed seems to care on defense and process things well, I don’t think either him or Dilly will be great defenders) then I have an edge to Dilly due to speed and shiftiness etc…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go ahead and cut Branham and Wesley along with losing Cedi/Graham, get a third pick and replace Branham/Wesley/Graham/Cedi with Holland/Castle/Dillingham lol - F’IT

Can’t tell me that’s not a much higher upside group to pair with Wemby if we are talking about younger guys anyways for most part (Graham didnt play, but Branham/Blake did)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds good to me, get it on the note cards to Silver asap
    You haven't solved all your problems, but you have put a couple of building blocks in place that you need to go forward. It's definitely not worst case scenario.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dilly and Holland would be fine if we could swing it. Here's an interesting thought... what if Houston passed on Shepherd and you could wind up with Shepherd and Holland? One gunner and one defender/slasher.
    As different as they are I'm fine with either UK guard. I think either could bring something off the bench almost immediately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love everything about Reed…except his size. So to me, if you’re drafting on offense (because even though Reed seems to care on defense and process things well, I don’t think either him or Dilly will be great defenders) then I have an edge to Dilly due to speed and shiftiness etc…
    Yeah if I am picking and I have all of them available, I'm taking Holland and Dilly. I didn't really consider Holland much before, but watching the tape on him you can see he has legit perimeter defensive instincts. Things you can't teach. You have him as that one guy on the perimeter and you know who down low and that's really all you need. Then you surround them with playmakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah if I am picking and I have all of them available, I'm taking Holland and Dilly. I didn't really consider Holland much before, but watching the tape on him you can see he has legit perimeter defensive instincts. Things you can't teach. You have him as that one guy on the perimeter and you know who down low and that's really all you need. Then you surround them with playmakers
    And not only that, Holland has legit 20PPG potential IMO. He was asked to handle the ball like a damn lead guard and that will not be his role in nba especially on Spurs with Wemby as the offensive hub. Like Sochan getting PG reps to prep him for excelling as an off ball initiator who you can swing it to and bend defenses with, Holland seems very much the same except he has legit scoring potential too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no doubt Reed would be an upgrade over Tre. Reed is literally a generational shooter on paper by every damn measurement. He processes the game damn well as evidenced by his Dino arms and small stature still getting deflections and steals and some blocks.

He’s a pretty good passer, not great. But his shooting in place of what Tre brings would absolutely be an upgrade IMO and while hes a worse “point guard” than Tre probably, the shooting is more than enough to be an upgrade IMO with all Reed’s intangibles?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go ahead and cut Branham and Wesley along with losing Cedi/Graham, get a third pick and replace Branham/Wesley/Graham/Cedi with Holland/Castle/Dillingham lol - F’IT

Can’t tell me that’s not a much higher upside group to pair with Wemby if we are talking about younger guys anyways for most part (Graham didnt play, but Branham/Blake did)
    You haven't said anything. I've been ready to flush most of this roster. Vassell and whoever else we bring into rebuild is really all I want to have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle's form is beyond ugly. I don't see him ever developing a reliable shot. I don't care what a 20 shots sample size in an empty gym says, tbh.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think Washington will have a big impact on how the draft shakes out.

I can see them drafting any one of Clingan, Risacher, Holland, Topic, Dillingham.

Scenario 1
    Hawks - Sarr
    Washington - knows but I’ll say Clingan
    Rockets - Sheppard
    Spurs - Holland (Risacher is probably more likely)
    Pistons - Risacher
    Hornets - Castle
    Blazers - Buzelis
    Spurs - Dillingham
    Memphis - Williams
    Jazz - Topic

Scenario 2
    Hawks - Sarr
    Washington - Dillingham
    Rockets - Sheppard
    Spurs - Holland (Risacher is probably more likely)
    Pistons - Risacher
    Hornets - Castle
    Blazers - Buzelis
    Spurs - Williams
    Memphis - Clingan
    Jazz - Topic

If Dillingam gets past the Wiz and Rockets I can easily see him dropping to 8. But if he goes 2 or 3 I think the Spurs have to consider taking shooting at pick 4 unless they’re willing to reach for a Devin Carter or Jared McCain at pick 8.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    knecht

Spurs love forever RobinsontoDuncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Devin Carter might be a better fit on the Spurs than Dillingham or Sheppard. Don't @ me.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin Carter with the 8th pick shouldn’t be out of the equation. Bit of a reach but not that much. If the Spurs get their wing at 4 (Risacher, Holland).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Devin Carter might be a better fit on the Spurs than Dillingham or Sheppard. Don't @ me.

i remember being impressed by this kid. I hope the Spurs work him out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin Carter with the 8th pick shouldn’t be out of the equation. Bit of a reach but not that much. If the Spurs get their wing at 4 (Risacher, Holland).
    He just seems like a guy that's going to come out of no where to be a good player in the league. I think his ceiling is probably Jru Holiday level impact, which is very valuable in the playoffs. He completely dominated the combine athleticism testing, and he's a mature combo guard with excellent perimeter defense -- a profile we all know the Spurs really love. Not sure about the passing, but with the Spurs ball movement offense I don't think we need a heliocentric PG to dominate the ball. I think he's going to be a riser throughout this process similar to Jalen Williams in his draft year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So has there been any news on why Dilly missed the strength and agility tests? If he just straight up ducked it, that’s really concerning.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So has there been any news on why Dilly missed the strength and agility tests? If he just straight up ducked it, that’s really concerning.
    I think I saw a report about ankle injury that happened a few weeks back. It said he'll be available for all the workouts before the draft.

I keep chaning my opinion every day.
    I'd be better off not watching any of these videos or following the draft news.

Carter does look good, your typical steady, well-rounded point guard, might be just what we need. And he'll surely be there at #8.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you could combine Carters D with Vassells O, you'd have a great player.

A tough defensive minded 2 guard who can shoot a 3. He can guard anyone.

But, I don't see him as a point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you could combine Carters D with Vassells O, you'd have a great player.

A tough defensive minded 2 guard who can shoot a 3. He can guard anyone.

But, I don't see him as a point.
    I actually think Carter is way, way more naturally talented of a scorer than Vassell, who was super raw coming out of college. Granted Carter is an older prospect than Vassell was, but his athleticism allows him to bully his way to the hoop at will at college, and he's a solid shooter. He may struggle at PG at first, but unlike Shepperd or Dillingham, I think Carter's floor is reliable two-way starter on a contending team. I think he fits the Spurs better than Dillingham, who I believe is going to have to be a Kyrie Irving level player to be an NBA starter. I just don't trust the defense will come along with him, so he's a much more of a high-risk, high-reward type player.

Shepperd is a legit hooper, but there just haven't been many prospects like him in recent years. His shooting is unbelievable, and his defense was very strong in college, but I don't think he has a natural feel for the PG position which is all he's suitable to play as an NBA starter.

Carter just seems like much more of a sure bet than either of the two Kentucky guards. Castle probably has the highest ceiling of the three (Dillingham, Shepperd, and Carter), but he could also easily end up being an end of the rotation type guy in the NBA given how limited his role was at UConn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is probably the worst draft this century to trade up in, or into. Wesley and Branham would be top 10, and there’s no one in our range worth cutting them and eating two years salary on both.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #4 : Edey. #8: Castle my ideal draft

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like my Keldon for Ivey deal tbh…it’s a great gamble imo for multiple reasons. Nearly every pistons fan I spoke to said they liked it too
    Keldon has been a good soldier, they wouldn't do that to him.

Thread Information