Page 287 of 360 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,175 of 8993
    Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody that thinks Edey should go top 5 isn't a serious person tbh. Just keep looking at that crystal ball
    Of course he's trolling you. Your take isn't serious and doesn't deserve a serious answer. It's no one's problem but you're own that you can't figure that out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you are saying Edey can or can’t thrive as mentioned above or are speaking more towards his draft position? The he’s not athletic or skilled enough narrative has been debunked. Help me figure that out since I’m seeing it all wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody that thinks Edey should go top 5 isn't a serious person tbh. Just keep looking at that crystal ball
    Don’t you start moving that goal post…..lol Be a big boy and use your words.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6'9 wingspan is plenty for a guard.
    Except Dillingham, measurements of every other player Spurs will target are fine. It's all about their basketball IQ and skillset.
    Athleticism means if they can't play.
    if you're projecting him as a defender, he has to have at least 7ft wingspan at that height, otherwise he's relying on smarts and timing. he's not an outstanding leaper, he ain't blocking anyone other than pgs with that wingspan. Which reframes the question to how fast is he, how smart is he, can he guard without fouling etc..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The two biggest needs heading into next season are:

1. Shooting
    (Sizable Gap)
    2. Perimeter defense

You can make an argument for a guy that can pressure the rim + lead playmaking but I'd argue that the above are more pressing needs.

Minnesota is about to get backdoor swept despite being the best defensive team in the league because 1) Their shooting has fallen off since Game 2 and 2) Denver has gotten outside shooting from Gordon, Holiday, Murray, and even Braun. 3pt shooting is the cheat code in today's modern NBA that lets you cover up A LOT of your deficiencies.

-It's why Risacher is the pick at #4 if they believe in his early season shooting because he's really the only guy in the top 10 that currently projects to be above average in both categories
    -It's why I'd even be okay with a Dillingham/Knecht combo.
    -It's why if they go with a Castle/Buzelis at #4, they HAVE to go with a shooter at #8 (Knecht, DCarter).
    Last edited by Mugen; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:19 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you're projecting him as a defender, he has to have at least 7ft wingspan at that height, otherwise he's relying on smarts and timing. he's not an outstanding leaper, he ain't blocking anyone other than pgs with that wingspan. Which reframes the question to how fast is he, how smart is he, can he guard without fouling etc..
    Derrick has 6'8 wingspan, his vertical isn't that amazing compared to some high flyers in the league today and he's by far the best shot blocker among guards right now. Better than majority of wings.
    Castle looks to be way more athletic than Derrick in his highlights.

Sometimes I honestly have to wonder if some of you people even watch basketball or just talk nonsense for the sake of it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle is 6”5.5 w/o shoes ( add a 1 or 1.5 ) with shoes, he basically is SGA physically speaking. I’ll take that based off his defensive chops & BBIQ. They loved him here in high school

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do you feel in this draft has true through the roof potential? Anyone? I'll go with the unpopular opinion and say Topic. I don't really want to pick him, but I do think he can be something special if he develops his game at an NBA level.
    Absolutely nobody. Some could be starters as strict role players, not 3 and d guys, but most project as bench spark or straight up busts

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you are saying Edey can or can’t thrive as mentioned above or are speaking more towards his draft position? The he’s not athletic or skilled enough narrative has been debunked. Help me figure that out since I’m seeing it all wrong.
    Don’t you start moving that goal post…..lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be a success for Edey to crack the lottery, with top 10 as ceiling. But it's safe to say no one is taking him top 5.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The two biggest needs heading into next season are:

1. Shooting
    (Sizable Gap)
    2. Perimeter defense

You can make an argument for a guy that can pressure the rim + lead playmaking but I'd argue that the above are more pressing needs.

Minnesota is about to get backdoor swept despite being the best defensive team in the league because 1) Their shooting has fallen off since Game 2 and 2) Denver has gotten outside shooting from Gordon, Holiday, Murray, and even Braun. 3pt shooting is the cheat code in today's modern NBA that lets you cover up A LOT of your deficiencies.

-It's why Risacher is the pick at #4 if they believe in his early season shooting because he's really the only guy in the top 10 that currently projects to be above average in both categories
    -It's why I'd even be okay with a Dillingham/Knecht combo.
    -It's why if they go with a Castle/Buzelis at #4, they HAVE to go with a shooter at #8 (Knecht, DCarter).
    Look at you; #littlekeyboardwarrior Typing a blistering 45wpm

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick has 6'8 wingspan, his vertical isn't that amazing compared to some high flyers in the league today and he's by far the best shot blocker among guards right now. Better than majority of wings.
    Castle looks to be way more athletic than Derrick in his highlights.

Sometimes I honestly have to wonder if some of you people even watch basketball or just talk nonsense for the sake of it.
    Good ! Facts always help a position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Matas > Risacher

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be a success for Edey to crack the lottery, with top 10 as ceiling. But it's safe to say no one is taking him top 5.
    Ok. 8 would be fine…..just get him here. Can’t teach size

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought our bigger need was a big as Collins and Mamu (not including Bassey) is all we have to support Wemby?
    sochan is our current starter at pf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Matas > Risacher
    ing I have no idea why people are all over Risacher's jock. He's maaaaaybe better than Champagnie. Maybe.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sochan is our current starter at pf
    And we're one of the worst teams in the league.
    Maybe even the worst without Wemby.

Sochan is a starter until we get someone better. If he doesn't improve, that is.
    With his current shooting ability, he's never going to be a starter for a serious playoff team, even if he improves every other aspect of the game his ceiling will be a glue guy and a situational wing off the bench.

Noone except Wemby should be safe. Or feel safe.
    Not even Devin.
    Playing with the potential GOAT should be a privilege, they better earn it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing I have no idea why people are all over Risacher's jock. He's maaaaaybe better than Champagnie. Maybe.
    We need him to go top three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Matas > Risacher
    Ausar went top 5 last year. Keegan Murray the year before that.

Not saying it's 1:1 and I'm still not 100% sold on Risacher but "3&D" wings that can't create definitely go in the top 5/10 tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And we're one of the worst teams in the league.
    Maybe even the worst without Wemby.

Sochan is a starter until we get someone better. If he doesn't improve, that is.
    With his current shooting ability, he's never going to be a starter for a serious playoff team, even if he improves every other aspect of the game his ceiling will be a glue guy and a situational wing off the bench.

Noone except Wemby should be safe. Or feel safe.
    Not even Devin.
    Playing with the potential GOAT should be a privilege, they better earn it.
    Could I interest you in a :castle /Topic/dillingham, vassell, Sochan, Wemby, Edey lineup?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could I interest you in a :castle /Topic/dillingham, vassell, Sochan, Wemby, Edey lineup?
    Only if you manage to have Silver remove the 3pt line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at you; #littlekeyboardwarrior Typing a blistering 45wpm
    At least I can understand what he’s posting. You could barely put together a cohesive sentence sometimes .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he didn't look like the pg in this video.
    UConn runs a motion offense. It could be said truthfully that they have either no PG, or five PGs. There is no ball dominant player,and in fact, no one attacks the rim off the dribble. Every play involves at least 3-4 different screens, and the player that shoots rarely dribbles the ball. He either cuts to the rim for a bunny, or flares to an open spot for a wide open J.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7 foot would be ELITE, not expected. Plus 3.5 is fine for a POA defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m going to quote this and respond every time anyone posts this.

NO ONE IN THIS DRAFT IS NBA READY.
    The first seaon is gonna be brutal for many of these kids... Anyone expecting a Dilly to come and start, or be an immediate, short term solution at PG is gonna end up disappointed... They're all at least middle term projects for a pretty low celiing. Bare any trade, Tre is still our starting PG next year.

Thread Information