Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970
Results 1,726 to 1,732 of 1732
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Politics 101. Electoral College. Popular vote is irrelevant.
    He's just playin' possum on ya, CC. He learned that the hard-way in '16. Remember they was gonna change it to the popular vote exclusive the day after. They was gonna move off the North American continent. They was gonna stop having babies. They was gonna kill him come or high water. They was gonna sue him for divorce if Mel didn't within' 72 hours of him getting sworn, OR, help Madonna mine their new digs. They was gonna indict him for breathing if he lived thru Madonna's TnT badgering.

On & on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yet when Trump announced tariffs you called him everything but a White man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, come again?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sorry, come again?
    You heard me, Winester.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for making my point.

Taiwan worked hard to be indispensable to US (and world) on microchips and their gov invested heavily in that.

With Chyna threat to Taiwan, US is now investing in microchip industry as it should have done long ago.

Chinese solar panels of comparable quality to US are about 20% cheaper. Big part is scale of Chinese gov investment in the industry to become monopoly. Did not hurt they stole foreign patents and ipr. Having cheaper labor and fewer regs does not account for 20% difference, it is having Chinese gov oversight of maintaining monopoly (about 80% of world’s supply). Europeans are also taking steps to counter china’s ery in the industry.
    The Solar Breakthrough That Could Help the U.S. Compete With China

The biggest investor in U.S. solar manufacturing is embracing a new technology that reduces the cost of producing the panels, potentially bolstering efforts to build a supply chain outside of China for an industry crucial to the energy transition.

The new technology comes from an Israeli startup that promises to simplify one of the most bersome steps in solar manufacturing and cut costs by reducing the amount of silver needed to capture sunlight on the panels.

The startup, called Lumet, is the brainchild of Benny Landa, who founded the company that developed the first digital printing press. That company was sold to HP for $830 million in the early 2000s. Lumet is working with Bank of America to raise hundreds of millions of dollars in the coming months, Landa said.
    South Korea’s Hanwha Group says it will be the first company to use Lumet’s technology. Hanwha’s Qcells unit, one of the biggest solar-panel makers outside China, is building a multibillion-dollar solar supply chain in Georgia. The company expects the financial savings and performance gains to help it compete with low-cost products from the world’s biggest producer.

Plummeting costs have made solar power one of the cheapest and fastest-growing sources of energy globally. Further advances can reduce the need for fossil fuels to meet rising demand for electricity and help limit climate change.

Solar panels account for a small portion of overall project costs, but bigger contributors like labor, permitting and financing expenses are less flexible.

paywall
    https://www.wsj.com/the-solar-breakt...ete-with-china

Thread Information