Page 293 of 380 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 9481
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sold. Reed Shepphard is Magic Johnson + Stockton + Curry all in one. Trade up to #1 and take him
    Manu. You forgot Manu. And CP3.

Sheppard is such a weird eval. He obviously makes sense from a shooting / floor spacing perspective, but I don't buy him as a playmaker and he's not someone who can create his own look at the end of the shot clock. His off ball defensive numbers are fantastic, but he was getting blown by on the regular in the SEC. He would get hunted on defense just as mercilessly as Dillingham.

At this point, I can talk myself into any of the top prospects other than Clingan. They all have warts of some kind - can't shoot, too small, can't defend, etc. As much as this team needs to start winning now, they still need to bet on upside and character. Nobody likes being patient, but it's the most important thing to build a long term, sustainable monster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what are the thoughts of a Rob Dillingham/Isaiah Thomas comparison? I could this as a positive ceiling for him, but even as a ceiling, is it the best play longterm?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Brandon Jennings comp is better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Over half of these assists is Reed seeing the play before anyone else. His processing speed is special. John B proclaims a random draft prospect every year as the next Manu, but I’m going to say that Reed is the closest thing tbh
    yeah i think his feel for the game and the stress he can put on defenses pulling up for 3's off simple ball screens will allow him to get by as a full time PG in a system that doesnt lean heavily on him to create everything. ive had dillingham and sheppard in the same tier but so far have leaned slightly toward dilly. i wouldnt be mad at all if we wound up with sheppard instead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saluan had himself a really good game in the french playoffs last night...

From what I've seen. Salaun is like the forward version of Blake Wesley: a super raw prospect with jaw dropping physical tools and a high motor, but poor efficiency and questionable decision making. The kind of player it'd take several years to develop, without any certainty he'd pan out. Someone I'd take a flyer on with a pick in the 20s like we did with Wesley, not a high lottery pick, but at some point you can't keep taking flyers on mystery boxes praying one of them pans out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not just he resembles Stockton, but he has that demeanor much like CP3. He has the command. Stockton didn’t really have to be fancy, but he was pesky much like Reed. People compare Reed to Hinrich or Derrick. I think he’s Stockton with 42 vertical.
    hinrich wouldnt even be that bad an outcome tbh

he's not as strong as him, but i see a lot of Lowry type stuff out of him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man you know this draft is weak when possible top 4 prospects are being compared to role players. There has to be a sucker team somewhere that would want #4 and 8 for a good player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man you know this draft is weak when possible top 4 prospects are being compared to role players. There has to be a sucker team somewhere that would want #4 and 8 for a good player.
    That happens every draft, though. Comparisons even for good prospects are usually pessimistic, I guess it's about covering their asses when people look back at them later on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm seeing some Hakeem in Sarr, and Drexler in Risacher.
    Not mentioning the elephant in the room with Edey and Chamberlain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr didn’t lead his team 4 steals and 2 blocks.
    Neither did Shepherd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TRADE at 4. Atlanta Hawks (via Spurs): Zaccharie Risacher, SG/SF, JL Bourg-en-Bresse

Atlanta Hawks receive: Keldon Johnson, Zach Collins, No. 4 pick, 2025 first-round pick (their own) and 2026 first-round pick swap rights (their own)

San Antonio Spurs receive: Trae Young

As things stand, the Spurs hold two top-10 picks (Nos. 4 and 8), so if they want to follow the slow-and-steady model for building around Victor Wembanyama, they can do it.

Given how much he showed as a freshman phenom, though, it might already be time to accelerate—especially with the young centerpiece being reportedly "intrigued by the idea" of playing with Trae Young, per ESPN's Tim MacMahon.

The Hawks, meanwhile, might read their lottery fortune as the sign it's time to pivot toward something new. After nabbing Sarr at No. 1, they could add another lengthy Frenchman in Zaccharie Risacher, who projects as at least an athletic three-and-D and has shown enough flashes of ball-handling and passing to suggest he could become so much more.

Between Sarr, Risacher, Jalen Johnson and Onyeka Okongwu, the Hawks could be loaded up front sooner than later, and that's before factoring in Keldon Johnson (and, if they see a role for him, Zach Collins).

Atlanta would also regain control of its next two drafts, meaning that if it encounters any growing pains going forward, it would at least reap the rewards of them.
    TRADE at 8. New York Knicks (via Spurs): Rob Dillingham, PG/SG, Kentucky

New York Knicks receive: Pick No. 8

San Antonio Spurs receive: Picks Nos. 24, 25 and 38

After sacrificing two firsts and a future swap in our Trae Young trade, the Spurs might want to start replenishing their draft-pick stock. Sending this selection, which came from the Toronto Raptors, for a couple of late firsts and an early second would give San Antonio the flexibility to make additional moves.

New York, meanwhile, might be looking at its loaded-when-healthy roster and wondering where it can fit three rookies. The Knicks could easily conclude that they can't, so they instead package the picks for a climb into the top 10 for an Immanuel Quickley replacement.

Rob Dillingham, a Kentucky product just like Quickley, could be the off-the-bench spark plug New York has been without since giving up Quickley in the OG Anunoby trade. It might be tricky to pair Dillingham with Jalen Brunson, since both are undersized scoring guards, but the Knicks might not be in the market for a new starter, anyway.

Instead, they could see real value in finding someone who can keep the offense humming when Brunson needs a breather.
    TRADE at 24. San Antonio Spurs (via Knicks): Kyshawn George, SG/SF, Miami

With the Spurs having acquired an established star in Trae Young in this mock already, they could swing for some upside in this spot. Kyshawn George offers plenty of it as a wing-sized (6'8", 205 lbs) playmaker.

As a secondary ball-mover, George could turn ball reversals into drive-and-kick chances. When away from the ball, his 40.8 percent three-point shooting has a chance to shine.
    TRADE at 25. San Antonio Spurs (via Knicks): Payton Sandfort, SF, Iowa

If the Spurs plan to pick apart opponents with a Trae Young-Victor Wembanyama two-man game, then they'll need as many shooters around them to keep defenses honest. Payton Sandfort is one of the best in this class.

There aren't many layers to his skill set, but he doesn't necessarily need them as a 6'7" swingman with a fiery outside shot. He drilled 94 threes at a 37.9 percent clip this past season, and his smooth, repeatable mechanics suggest there's room for that accuracy to improve.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...impact-round-1

lol B/R. I hate this so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh, the interview questions are painful, and I think it made these prospects feel awkward and nervous.

Reed Sheppard: "My parents have been with me ever since I was a little kid."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to be clear, I was being sarcastic
    Yeah, I know. I wanted to be clear also. I think Reed looks good, but thats about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what are the thoughts of a Rob Dillingham/Isaiah Thomas comparison? I could this as a positive ceiling for him, but even as a ceiling, is it the best play longterm?
    What about Tony Parker with range?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither did Shepherd.
    okay somebody put here the wrong stats

Still he averages 2.5 steals and .7 block, effing 52% from 3pt.

Spurs offense is not really heavy PG, more like connector passes which Reed is. But Vassell/Sochan need to step-up on defense especially the point-of-attack where Castle/Holland would be ideal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...impact-round-1New York Knicks receive: Pick No. 8

San Antonio Spurs receive: Picks Nos. 24, 25 and 38
    Lol what the

Thread Information