Page 294 of 382 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344 ... LastLast
Results 7,326 to 7,350 of 9544
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, some Dillingham size comps:

Notes:

• Data taken from combine when available, other sources when not
    • height is without shoes and weight is at the time of combine when available, current when not
    • height in yellow means an inch or less from Dillingham's (above or under), red means more than an inch below, green means more than an inch above
    • wingspan in yellow means an inch or less from Dillingham's (above or under), red means more than an inch below, green means more than an inch above
    • weight in yellow means 15 pounds or less from Dillingham's (above or under), green means more than 15 pounds above
    • players names in yellow means comparatively close (especially height and wingspan), red means smaller, green means bigger

There's a bunch of players of comparable size to Dillingham (Chris Paul, Trae Young, Garland, Brunson, Kyrie, Tyus Jones, etc) assuming he's able to put some muscle on those bones, which I'm not so sure of. Still small and weak, on top of his awful defensive struggles, but measures could have been worse TBH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is thread is getting out of control
    It's wild. In this draft, we have:

Dillingham = Better than Trae Young and Tony Parker
    Sheppard = John Stockton with a 42" vert and Steph's shooting ability

Yet there is no consensus #1 and this draft sucks.

What a world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't think there were worse outcomes than Topic/Salaun.

I was wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's wild. In this draft, we have:

Dillingham = Better than Trae Young and Tony Parker
    Sheppard = John Stockton with a 42" vert and Steph's shooting ability

Yet there is no consensus #1 and this draft sucks.

What a world.
    I mean, when you look at Reeds shooting splits its hard not to say he shoots like Steph

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Stockton per game stats as freshman
    FT 0.743
    ASSISTS 1.4
    STEAL. 0.7
    PTS. 3.1

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...tockton-1.html
    Lol his freshman stats? Really? Not the 21 points, 7 assists 3 steals as conference player of the year the year he entered the draft. He'd have been picked higher but Gonzaga wasn't a power yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man you know this draft is weak when possible top 4 prospects are being compared to role players. There has to be a sucker team somewhere that would want #4 and 8 for a good player.
    Man, I keep hearing them compared to hall of famers. Favorably so. This draft is AMAZING.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol his freshman stats? Really? Not the 21 points, 7 assists 3 steals as conference player of the year the year he entered the draft. He'd have been picked higher but Gonzaga wasn't a power yet.
    Tim Duncan as a freshman = 10 ppg, 10 rpg
    Kyle Filipowski as a freshman = 15 ppg, 9 rpg

Kyle Filipowsky > Tim Duncan!!!! Let's take him at 4 if he lasts that long!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , that dude has a long neck. That has to add at least three inches to his height.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I've seen. Salaun is like the forward version of Blake Wesley: a super raw prospect with jaw dropping physical tools and a high motor, but poor efficiency and questionable decision making. The kind of player it'd take several years to develop, without any certainty he'd pan out. Someone I'd take a flyer on with a pick in the 20s like we did with Wesley, not a high lottery pick, but at some point you can't keep taking flyers on mystery boxes praying one of them pans out.
    He likely be there at 8 and I've often wondered if he'd be worth picking at that spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He likely be there at 8 and I've often wondered if he'd be worth picking at that spot.
    It has never crossed my mind that he's worth picking there, but I have to confess I shudder at the notion it's exactly what the FO is going to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh I had it with our guys not making shots. Reed knocks down 52% from 3pt. I’m sure that goes down. But he’s also 85% in FT and 55% in FG. Either Reed or Risacher at 4, then draft the other position at 8.

Salaun also intrigues me 6’10 and 212 lbs and only 18 yrs old. This kid is already built

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has never crossed my mind that he's worth picking there, but I have to confess I shudder at the notion it's exactly what the FO is going to do.
    Yeah, this injury was kind of bad for us Topic haters because Wizards would've surely picked him at #2 if he was healthy.

High risk, low ceiling pick. If he doesn't live up to the expectations, he's useless and out of the league as a point guard that can't shoot or defend.
    If he develops well, he's still a borderline all-star riding Wemby's coattails, best case scenario.

Dillingham can also be out of the league due to his size, but if he just averages out, he can be a solid scorer of the bench.
    Best case scenario is one of the best scorers in the league.

Sheppard's worst case scenario is Patty Mills and best case is one of the best shooters in the league with positive defense.

Castle should also be useful because of his defense even if he doesn't develop a shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's too high for him, that's for sure but he won't be around in the 2nd. i guess i could see them trading back a few spots for him though.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I was Charlotte or Portland I would leak out I would draft Topic for the Spurs to take him at 4.

Leaves other players who they really are targeting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    okay somebody put here the wrong stats

Still he averages 2.5 steals and .7 block, effing 52% from 3pt.

Spurs offense is not really heavy PG, more like connector passes which Reed is. But Vassell/Sochan need to step-up on defense especially the point-of-attack where Castle/Holland would be ideal.
    The shooting will translate, though probably not at 55%. Not sure about the steals with that 6’3” wingspan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those proposals are trash. But I have wondered about trading down, from either 4 or 8, to get a 2/3 guys from Devin Carter, Jared McCain and Jaylon Tyson. Another guy that peaks my interest is Ajay Mitc .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reportedly, Anthony Edwards has grown 2" since his freshman year in college, which is yet another chaotic factor with regards to drafting 19 year olds...
    If Reed Sheppard adds 2" in the next couple of years, all of those questions about size are moot. If Nikola Topic adds 2", he'd be a giant combo guard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what are the thoughts of a Rob Dillingham/Isaiah Thomas comparison? I could this as a positive ceiling for him, but even as a ceiling, is it the best play longterm?
    Isiah Thomas was a very good defender. He was definitely thicker than Dillingham (but then again so is my thigh). Both were clutch players that would/will take the shot at the end of the game. I don't think Dilly has the ceiling Thomas did however.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re: comparing Sheppard to Kerr...

I was only talking about his offensive role, especially with his near-perfect shot selection. Defensively, he's very hard to compare because his man defense is but he's great at picking his moments to help. He's at least got one of the highest BBIQ's in this draft, which is a good sign for him finding a way to translate his game at the NBA level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Notes:

• height is without shoes and weight is at the time of combine when available, current when not
    • height in yellow means an inch or less from Dillingham's (above or under), red means more than an inch below, green means more than an inch above
    • wingspan in yellow means an inch or less from Dillingham's (above or under), red means more than an inch below, green means more than an inch above
    • weight in yellow means 15 pounds or less from Dillingham's (above or under), green means more than 15 pounds above
    • players names in yellow means comparatively close (especially height and wingspan), red means smaller, green means bigger

There's a bunch of players of comparable size to Dillingham (Chris Paul, Trae Young, Garland, Brunson, Kyrie, Tyus Jones, etc) assuming he's able to put some muscle on those bones, which I'm not so sure of. Still small and weak, on top of his awful defensive struggles, but measures could have been worse TBH.

appreciate this. Eases my mind actually with picking dillongham if he’s there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reportedly, Anthony Edwards has grown 2" since his freshman year in college, which is yet another chaotic factor with regards to drafting 19 year olds...
    If Reed Sheppard adds 2" in the next couple of years, all of those questions about size are moot. If Nikola Topic adds 2", he'd be a giant combo guard.
    Growth plates flashbacks... ahh... fun times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Growth plates flashbacks... ahh... fun times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Notes:

Still a little scary that this is a chart of the smallest guys in the league, and the vast major of them outweigh Dilly by 10 lbs or more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still a little scary that this is a chart of the smallest guys in the league, and the vast major of them outweigh Dilly by 10 lbs or more.
    I think I calculated that 22% of the league is 6'3" and under.

As far as weight goes, all of these players are multi-year vets. Every player puts on weight as they age.

Dillingham is as small and sleight as Stephen Curry.

And just like 2009 way too many teams are overthinking this. Absolutely not saying he's as good as Curry. Of course not. But you take the best player and then figure it out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you take the best player and then figure it out.
    That's the entire problem. We don't know if he's the best player because we don't know if his scoring can't translate to the NBA.

Thread Information