Page 295 of 365 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,375 of 9121
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reason Curry doesn't get brutalized on defense is this: he's quick enough to keep up with assignments and stay in front of people.

But moreso, teams have always had to gameplan and match down to Golden State. Because otherwise they'd be wrecked on defense. They had great defenders especially Draymond. Just replace Draymond with Wembanyama.

If it works, then teams have a massive problem trying to handle an exceptional outside scorer and Wembanyama.

If it doesn't work, you have a piece of dynamite coming off the bench. Teams might even have a headache trying to guard a Wemby unit and then have to go small trying to cover the second unit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I calculated that 22% of the league is 6'3" and under.

As far as weight goes, all of these players are multi-year vets. Every player puts on weight as they age.

Dillingham is as small and sleight as Stephen Curry.

And just like 2009 way too many teams are overthinking this. Absolutely not saying he's as good as Curry. Of course not. But you take the best player and then figure it out.
    That was the weight at the time they were drafted, didn't check their current listings but, for reference, DeAaron Fox is now listed 15lb over his draft combine weight (now 185, then 170). I assume that's the case for others, though not all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was the weight at the time they were drafted, didn't check their current listings but, for reference, DeAaron Fox is now listed 15lb over his draft combine weight (now 185, then 170). I assume that's the case for others, though not all.
    That's fine. Ultimately, no one gives a crap about combine before long. It's how you play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might get buried quickly in this thread, but . . .

Givony: "Several teams are flagging the Spurs at 8 as a real landing potential spot for Salaun."

2024 NBA draft combine: Top prospects, highlights, more - ESPN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re: Dillingham's defense, in the games I watched he seemed like a willing defender, which is half of the battle. The effort by itself is worth something, IMO. This doesn't sound like much, but I think he'll immediately be better than guys like Branham, with the potential to be a slight below average league defender (which ain't bad for his size and stature)

Re: Salaun. Gross.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Givony: "Several teams are flagging the Spurs at 8 as a real landing potential spot for Salaun."

yeah, i just think this may very well be where the spurs go at #8 but that will be impacted, of course, by all that transpires before that pick. for instance, if topic falls that far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason you pick Dillingham is cause nobody would be able to guard the switch on a pick & roll with him and Wemby. Especially cause you can‘t go under the screen since Dillingham is a pull up threat with a quick release. You can run all kind of action with him. Pop can pull out all the Tony Parker loops and zipper cuts where you run him through multiple offball screens and his defender will have to chase him, again: because he‘s a pull up threat. This would do wonders for our offense. You can also run floppy action like Golden State does with Draymond and Steph if Sochan ever becomes a point forward which I highly doubt.

Add to that, that he‘s extremely shifty and has a great handle which means he can draw multiple defenders. His shiftiness is what should also help him on D, cause he should be able to stay in front of guys when he‘s engaged. Pop would have to coach him with a short leash on that end. He also lacks some basic defensive fundamentals, so there should be some potential for minor improvements. I could see him more as a Patty Mills level defender rather than Bryn Forbes if that makes sense.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reason Curry doesn't get brutalized on defense is this: he's quick enough to keep up with assignments and stay in front of people.

But moreso, teams have always had to gameplan and match down to Golden State. Because otherwise they'd be wrecked on defense. They had great defenders especially Draymond. Just replace Draymond with Wembanyama.

If it works, then teams have a massive problem trying to handle an exceptional outside scorer and Wembanyama.

If it doesn't work, you have a piece of dynamite coming off the bench. Teams might even have a headache trying to guard a Wemby unit and then have to go small trying to cover the second unit.
    He also put massive amounts of muscle on

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher had a good game tonight, first game of the french league play offs. 14 points, 6 rebounds, 50% FG, 40% 3s.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol his freshman stats? Really? Not the 21 points, 7 assists 3 steals as conference player of the year the year he entered the draft. He'd have been picked higher but Gonzaga wasn't a power yet.
    Let’s be fair. Compare freshman versus freshman stats not freshman vs senior stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also put massive amounts of muscle on
    Curry? No.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might like Tiddy because they can stick him on the Austin team while giving a last look to other young players to make a decision on them. Only so many minutes. To clarify, I'm not in favor of this scenario and not sure if it's even accurate, but it feels like how they might approach it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, Stephen Curry is not muscular. Stay off the drugs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope VW talks up these guys but doesn't expect any drafts.

Having Salaun take up a roster spot for like four years before he can do anything isn't the direction to go.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Know most of the discussion here is around potential selections, but I’m curious what everyone thinks about the likelihood the Spurs trade at least one of these top 10 picks…

Are we thinking there’s a 25% they trade one of them? Less/more? For some reason I feel like I’d be mildly surprised if we don’t trade out of one of them.
    Probably not very likely. On Simmons' podcast Rusillo said talking to a few NBA GMs that the top couple of draft picks might be worth a fourth starter on a decent team in trade and that this draft is like taking a normal draft and chopping off the first 8-10 picks. So these picks aren't worth enough to trade unless they're throw ins for landing a star, other than moving up a pick or two for someone you want or dropping lower a pick or two if someone is willing to spend a good asset to get the guy they want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in mind for checking on whether anyone would like to go up into pick #8, someone who values a Clingan or someone else who is still there.

I would way rather spend a later pick on Johnny Furphy or another player and collect an asset than waste the #4 on Risacher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at Tiddy great nickname

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a swimmer? Those never become good basketball players!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the only guy who have superstar potential in this draft is Cody Williams with the glimpses of Scottie Pippen, so i would be disappointed if he's there at #4 and we pass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have a feeling Spurs will go with Topic #4 and Salaun #8

Called it first

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a feeling, it will be Reed+Salaun or Risacher+Topic

...not sure which one I like more, but I know I'm happy with either one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

flashed some of that transition ball handling and nifty passing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a feeling, it will be Reed+Salaun or Risacher+Topic

...not sure which one I like more, but I know I'm happy with either one.
    how about we meet in the middle and walk away with reed and risacher

if we wind up with topic and salaun i might need a sabbatical from this forum

Thread Information