Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i love the player, but when you are this dependant on being a genetic freak as opposed to being skilled, it is hard to keep up for very long.
    & he never fooled himself. The Suns let him off hook as (it) balanced on the scale from 2-0 to 3-0 and, that's how close it was. The Suns couldn't stand the strain and the bed in the 2nd half of Game 3. Voila! (g) was straightened out forever more,,,and he knew it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry but Embiid doesn't qualify untill he does something in the playoffs without breaking down.

I know this is a team sport but if Doncic eliminates first seeded SGA, it is hard to argue SGA is better. Specially since Luka has been doing it for longer.

The only I could give you is Giannis, but still, his lack of shooting is a great handicap, imho.
    Sorry, but Embiid has never been healthy in the playoffs and only had a team that fit around him the past two seasons.

Media has had no problem constantly giving Puka a pass the entire playoffs due to his being banged up.

Ridiculous to base this off of a small sample size. If they Mavericks go on to close it out, it'll be because of urgency. They know they have to get the Thunder now or they never will.

the debate is between doncic and mj. jokic, giannis and sga are laughable comparisons.
    If Puka were black, he'd get about as much respect as the player he takes after did, prime Harden.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, but Embiid has never been healthy in the playoffs and only had a team that fit around him the past two seasons.

Media has had no problem constantly giving Puka a pass the entire playoffs due to his being banged up.

Ridiculous to base this off of a small sample size. If they Mavericks go on to close it out, it'll be because of urgency. They know they have to get the Thunder now or they never will.

If Puka were black, he'd get about as much respect as the player he takes after did, prime Harden.

Ohh poor Embiid, being in the league for 10 years and when it matters most, hes always injured... poor baby.

Media has been ting on Luka the whole post season. After every loss there's a hit piece... The media has not been a fan of him for years now, or he would have had an MVP by now.

Also, please stop with the Harden bull ... Harden is a well known playoff vagina and he still got the MVP, and was in the eyes of many one of the best players in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

if puka were black there would be mandatory public bjs once a week by half the american population.. I mean he was 3rd in the mvp despite having far and away the best stats in the league, give me a break.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if puka were black there would be mandatory public bjs once a week by half the american population.. I mean he was 3rd in the mvp despite having far and away the best stats in the league, give me a break.
    At relying on counting stats without context in '24.

If only white people could catch a break. It's not like most of the media is white in a league that's 75-80% black. That couldn't possibly lead to racial bias or worse . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At relying on counting stats without context in '24.
    context? oh yeah he started the season with a bunch of garbage, a rookie and kyrie. and despite injuries galore (including kyrie), luka kept them afloat. finally they got some good pieces at the deadline, everyone got healthy, got the rotation figured out, and they won games at a 60+ win season pace.

joker didnt have murray for a bunch of the season, so he certainly earned it himself. but shai would not have been close in the race between jokic and luka if both of them had a healthy squad like he did.

okc legit might be a play-in team if it wasnt for the west being slaughtered by injuries all year

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    context? oh yeah he started the season with a bunch of garbage, a rookie and kyrie. and despite injuries galore (including kyrie), luka kept them afloat. finally they got some good pieces at the deadline, everyone got healthy, got the rotation figured out, and they won games at a 60+ win season pace.

joker didnt have murray for a bunch of the season, so he certainly earned it himself. but shai would not have been close in the race between jokic and luka if both of them had a healthy squad like he did.

okc legit might be a play-in team if it wasnt for the west being slaughtered by injuries all year
    Yeah, virtually everyone is always supposed garbage playing with Puka, who has to commandeer everything. When he does it, he's a genius. When Harden, Young, etc. others do it, they're selfish.

Counting stats are largely irrelevant, especially for a selfish (36% usage rate, a full 3% clear of anyone despite having Irving), heliocentric player, with rules designed to benefit his archetype because they're a supposedly easier sell to the masses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, that's exactly why he doesn't qualify.

Because, even despite that, he doesn't flame out early in the playoffs every year, tbh.

If the Mavs close it out, it will be Luka's 2nd WCF vs SGA's 0; and I don't know if you realize this because Luka has been tearing it up since he got to the league, but both are 6 seasons veterans. In fact, SGA is older than Luka. How can SGA be considered better, having accomplished way less and being eliminated by Luka?

Sorry to break it to you, bro, but you're kind of racist. At least colour biased, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, virtually everyone is always supposed garbage playing with Puka, who has to commandeer everything. When he does it, he's a genius. When Harden, Young, etc. others do it, they're selfish.

Counting stats are largely irrelevant, especially for a selfish (36% usage rate, a full 3% clear of anyone despite having Irving), heliocentric player, with rules designed to benefit his archetype because they're a supposedly easier sell to the masses.
    i mean he's literally making some of the least skilled post players look like wilt chamberlain, but ok.. even comparing the passing to the same players by puka and kyrie is frankly sad, and kyrie is constantly getting hyped as some sort of good passer..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He went to the wcf with Bullock, Dinwiddie and Powell starting... how are these players doing now??
    And who should handle the ball if not him? Please tell me these great ball handlers on the Mavs, other than Irving, who was missing lots of game this year. And thats why the usage rate was so high. When they were healthy his usage rate was same or lower than Brunsons.. and why still mention Harden? As said before, James Harden was considered one of the best players for a long time. People turned on him cause he choked in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    except harden and trae actually had very solid supporting casts, big men, and defenses. until this year, luka had dwight powell as his center, a developing jalen brunson who was allergic to any defender with length until 2022, and spencer dinwiddie

not sure what counting stats has to do with anything. but if you did anything other than watch a few espn highlights and regurgitate what re s like keyshawn say, you might actually have a clue what youre talking about.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, that's exactly why he doesn't qualify.

Because, even despite that, he doesn't flame out early in the playoffs every year, tbh.

If the Mavs close it out, it will be Luka's 2nd WCF vs SGA's 0; and I don't know if you realize this because Luka has been tearing it up since he got to the league, but both are 6 seasons veterans. In fact, SGA is older than Luka. How can SGA be considered better, having accomplished way less and being eliminated by Luka?

Sorry to break it to you, bro, but you're kind of racist. At least colour biased, tbh.
    Because you arbitrarily decided on the criteria? Regular season counts, especially considering it's a larger sample size.

As good as he was in the two Clippers series they lost, his playoff resume isn't exactly expansive. Not his fault, he's mostly maxed out, but still.

As if Gilgeous-Alexander has had a credible team surrounding him until now and I said he had a case based on current advanced metrics. It's not a lifetime achievement award.

except harden and trae actually had very solid supporting casts, big men, and defenses. until this year, luka had dwight powell as his center, a developing jalen brunson who was allergic to any defender with length until 2022, and spencer dinwiddie

not sure what counting stats has to do with anything. but if you did anything other than watch a few espn highlights and regurgitate what re s like keyshawn say, you might actually have a clue what youre talking about.
    That doesn't have anything to do with what I said.

If you'd bother to read some of my posts, you'd know I'm well informed; something you don't appear to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That doesn't have anything to do with what I said.

If you'd bother to read some of my posts, you'd know I'm well informed; something you don't appear to be.
    apparently you dont even read your own posts

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Congrats Mavs, that was a of a comeback and nail biter. I thought PJW was going to be the whipping boy there but sweet redemption, no one will remember the foul before the inbounds.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    LoL mav s. Never winning ever again
    Ive been waiting for one of you gits to reply lmao!! Still aint winning .
    Opinions are like assholes.
    Like I said, they aint winning they might as well pack their dildos fly off on vacation and go themselves.
    Mav s ain’t winning .
    wow, you are bad at this.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    with the way Luka is playing, they ain't getting past OKC... I know he won't start ing about his knee, but he ain't moving well out there.
    Another with a record of ty takes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another with a record of ty takes
    Dude, i am still pretty sure that if he was shooting as bad as in the LAC series, they wouldn't have won.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Your momma is bad at everything.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Dude, i am still pretty sure that if he was shooting as bad as in the LAC series, they wouldn't have won.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know, it's weird. Can you be out of shape playing so many games with heavy minutes? You'd be in shape just from that. Also he came into this season in shape, I don't know how he could get out of it since the end of the season.
    Maybe you're right, but his several chins says otherwise to me. There seems to be no basketball reason for him to carry that bulk around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you're right, but his several chins says otherwise to me. There seems to be no basketball reason for him to carry that bulk around.
    people can have a higher body fat % and still be in excellent basketball shape

would it benefit him to lose some of that fat? probably. then again, if dude is a top 3 player in the NBA, averaging 34/9/10 on excellent efficiency while top 3 in mpg, its a bit hard to question him too terribly much. as arguably the second best post-up scorer in the league, perhaps he finds a benefit to the extra weight.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas u and urs is about to get butt raped by the t pupps

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make sure to look for all of my post again once its over git.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people can have a higher body fat % and still be in excellent basketball shape

would it benefit him to lose some of that fat? probably. then again, if dude is a top 3 player in the NBA, averaging 34/9/10 on excellent efficiency while top 3 in mpg, its a bit hard to question him too terribly much. as arguably the second best post-up scorer in the league, perhaps he finds a benefit to the extra weight.
    It isn't hard to question him at all. If he had a history of being healthy late in the season when they rely on him; If he weren't currently having to heroically hobble around and carry his team, maybe a portion of your post could be considered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and you will call that a jinx when it does not ? If the mavs go through Clippers and it's far from being a sure thing, they have OKC next, they are 1/3 during the RS against them, they won't have interior advantage with Chet, SGA is on fire and OKC is the best 3 pt shooting team of the league, I'd take OKC in 6 tbh
    Well, this didn't happen, tbh.

WE SAW in round 2.

LET'S WAIT AND SEE what happens in the WCF.

Thread Information