Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this tbh.. in fact, if castle is a wing, I don't see why anyone would invest in him at all
    Maybe the Spurs should just get some basketball players and let their opponents try to figure out what positions they play. (Or maybe not.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At #4 i have conflict between Castle and Cody Williams, and at #8 i want Saluan but i doubt he stay till then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good thing about Castle is that he can improve our defence on the bigger guards such as Luka and SGA....we will need this if we get OKC or Dallas in the playoffs in a few years time.
    luka is in no way a guard lol and castle can't be projected to defend him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting that you see Castle as a wing, rather than a PG. This is how I see him and it’s precisely why his value drops for me. If they believe his shot can be fixed … we’ve said this so many times I can’t be bothered anymore.

I hate this draft and hope they trade at least one of the picks but then the value and offers might not be there.

In this specific scenario I’d go Sheppard at 4 and Cody Williams or Holland at 8.
    Agreed. I know the lack of shooting combo is scary but I take Castle + Holland or Holland + Dillingham

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs go Castle at 4 and they're ed if anyone takes Dillingham just on talent, as someone is surely taking Sheppard. Ugh if the Spurs draft ends up being Castle and Topic and Victor still has no one who can hit a jump shot other than Vassell around him. I don't like seeing the Spurs try to outsmart themselves. Take Dilly 4 and then the remaining wing with the most upside at 8 if the first 3 picks play out like this. Yes I'd rather have Castle than Holland, Williams, or Salaun, but this is a dangerous game thinking everyone 5-7 is going to pick by positional need.
    Just trade pick 8 + CHA their pick back for pick 6 and you dont have to sweat as much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think going pg at 4 is the way to go rather than risk them not being there at 8
    Disagree big time. Draft the best player available at 4. Always. You dont draft for position. Then if you fear a PG you like wont be there at 8 you simply make a trade to move up and get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all know the Spurs are gonna take two players projected in the second round at 4 and 8 tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t like Salaun at all at 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't love the Castle/Dillingham combo unless a Vassell or at least a Jones trade is in the future. That combo might work well together, but combined with Devin, Tre, Malaki and Blake, it's an awkward rotation. I know this was ass-pull logic from me, but in the event of a Castle pick, I feel like chasing an established combo-guard to co-run the bench with him makes more sense than drafting a pure PG. Castle/Monk is a good switchable combo, for example. I don't love committing to such a young guard rotation. They need a vet presence to help mold them, just as I think the wings and centers could use that.
    We dont need to factor in Blake or Branham IMO. If they make huge leaps and show out in camp fine, but at this point they should be already on chopping block unless they prove they don’t belong there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gross

A guy who is stating clearly he will play point guard and is adamant about it - and has zero shooting skills to boot...at #4

and a 2nd PG who wont be there at 8!

Brilliant!

Hope timvp is wrong...

The best talent in the top 8 (that FITS the spurs!) is Dilly at 4 and Buzelis at 8 to my eyes. Hope I am wrong also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be fine with this draft tbh…

Replacing Branham/Blake/Graham (who really didn’t get minutes anyways) with Castle + Dillingham is a big upgrade at this point in terms of potential and ceiling. It’s not like drafting Castle with his shooting concerns is any worse than Blakes shooting or even Branhams 3 ball

But I think then you need to obviously add some wing talent via FA/Trade (Patrick Williams?)

Adding Castle/Dillingham to replace Branham/Blake minutes and adding someone like Williams to the rotation for shooting/size/defense makes sense

But I guess you still have to view Castle as a PG. Start him at PG, shift him to 2 guard when Dilly comes in. Basically like letting Derrick White be your PG in Castle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp. In your scenario, I’d take Buzelis at 4, 6’10 who can shoot and help defend. Then take any of Castle/Dilly/Reed or Topic at 8. One of them will be bound to be there, for Spurs starting PG of the future. Height and PG by the end of the day.
    buzelis can shoot?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think Castle is the right pick at 4. UConn's offense is at least as complex as the Spurs, but, they ran it to perfection. He will have no problem transitioning. His shot will improve, that's his only job.
    Salaun could be a genius move in 3-5 years. Maybe sooner. Just his presence on the team should add a bit of pressure for Sochan to improve.

What happens in the highly unlikely event that the draft goes something like this?
    1) Risacher
    2) Topic
    3) Castle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think Castle is the right pick at 4. UConn's offense is at least as complex as the Spurs, but, they ran it to perfection. He will have no problem transitioning. His shot will improve, that's his only job.
    Salaun could be a genius move in 3-5 years. Maybe sooner. Just his presence on the team should add a bit of pressure for Sochan to improve.

What happens in the highly unlikely event that the draft goes something like this?
    1) Risacher
    2) Topic
    3) Castle
    Spurs undoubtedly take Sarr or trade to someone who will.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My personal statistically unsupported feeling is that Buz might be kind of soft. This raises a much larger point for me, which is to me a contrast, perhaps a huge contrast, in what type of player the Spurs seek, versus the type of player that will succeed in the Spurs system. Good character people, with good intelligence, with good senses of humor and outside interests etc, but to make it on the Spurs they have to also be able to turn that off and be completely professional and intense. Manu was amazing in that regard in that he could be super chill and super intense when needed, but I don't think most people or players are that way. So I'm actually leaning Castle over Buzz purely for this reason, because I think Castle already acts like a grown ass man who will fit in fairly easily, at least from a maturity and professional level, and no, I don't have any concerns about him wanting to play point guard as far as him stating what he wants.
    Last edited by The Truth #6; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    castle is telling everybody who will listen that he sees himself as a PG and wants to play PG. didnt see a lot of playmaking from him in college, though i imagine point castle has a better chance of working out than point sochan if we want a supersized defensive PG

if we do take castle at 4 i'd probably lean Cody Williams or knecht with the other pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with bum. The only situation where i think i feel comfortable taking a wing at 4 is if it’s Risacher. Yes I’m tempted to game theory it and bank on a point guard falling but the possibility of coming out of the draft without either Kentucky guard to me would be catastrophic. Yes we got the second pick but use that to come away with more talent not trying to leverage it in a situation that could backfire
    i don't see a scenario, where at least 2 pgs don't last until #8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    castle is telling everybody who will listen that he sees himself as a PG and wants to play PG. didnt see a lot of playmaking from him in college, though i imagine point castle has a better chance of working out than point sochan if we want a supersized defensive PG

if we do take castle at 4 i'd probably lean Cody Williams or knecht with the other pick.
    Give me Castle + Holland! Shooting be damned (for now). Dillingham + Holland

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Risacher
    2) Topic
    3) Castle
    Spurs undoubtedly take Sarr or trade to someone who will.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle and Knecht I can live with, both are mature and seem like professionals, so to speak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    O god please let this happen!!! Great write up!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs draft Castle they're going to at least try him at the point; it's inevitable. Castle/Dilly seems kind of underwhelming initially but that's what this draft is. At least they get one guy who can shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me Castle + Holland! Shooting be damned (for now). Dillingham + Holland
    to me not coming away with one of the kentucky guards is the catastrophic version of this draft. my top combinations are risacher + kentucky guard, or holland + kentucky guard

as chump said, if castle is drafted its going to be for him to run point. at that point i think dillingham makes less sense though, which is why im not keen on this scenario. if they go castle, it makes more logical sense to try to come away with a wing who can shoot or at least as reasonably projectable shooting (knecht, williams... salaun)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs draft Castle they're going to at least try him at the point; it's inevitable. Castle/Dilly seems kind of underwhelming initially but that's what this draft is. At least they get one guy who can shoot.
    Ya - Im fine with it mostly because they are both highly ranked players anyways and there’s plenty of long term and short term minutes for multiple guards with losing Graham, Cedi and having no real compe ion with Branham/Blake/Tre long term at this point.

Plus, you are just hoping one of Castle/Dillingham is a star-ish so getting both gives you a chance to hit on one doing that a little better too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to me not coming away with one of the kentucky guards is the catastrophic version of this draft. my top combinations are risacher + kentucky guard, or holland + kentucky guard

as chump said, if castle is drafted its going to be for him to run point. at that point i think dillingham makes less sense though, which is why im not keen on this scenario. if they go castle, it makes more logical sense to try to come away with a wing who can shoot or at least as reasonably projectable shooting (knecht, williams... salaun)
    Agree on the shooting, but I like Castle and Holland upside enough to over look that and try to solve it elsewhere short term while hoping one or both of them figure out their shooting

Thread Information