Page 301 of 371 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,525 of 9257
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on how much they love Risacher (if that’s indeed their guy). But if they love Clingan for example and think HOU will pass on him I think something like Pick 4 + CHI pick would get it done pretty easily
    Hope for it, it will be fantastic to get both Risacher and Saluan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, more like third best small guard ever (Curry, Paul).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic/Curry are clearly above Stockton in all-time PG discussions. I guess if by greatest PG you mean greatest floor general, or greatest pure PG not factoring in career achievements, then yeah i can see that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding Risacher's availibilty at #4:
    - Hawks should pick Sarr.
    - Risacher's agent is Doug Neustadt. He was Boris Diaw agent and he currently only has one NBA client with Deni Avdija, who might be Wizards most valuable player. If Risacher doesn't want to go to Washington, that is a really bad fit for him, I highly doubt they will force the issue and upset his agent.

It all depends on Houston at #3. Do they want him and is it a team he would like to go? I guess a lot will depend on how they plan to use Amen Thompson. If they want to play him as a point forward, they might go with Reed Sheppard or even Stephon Castle. If they want to play him as a point guard, Risacher makes sense for them. For Risacher's clan, Houston is a team with a good coach that has played well this year, they might like it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Risacher's agent is Doug Neustadt. He was Boris Diaw agent and he currently only has one NBA client with Deni Avdija, who might be Wizards most valuable player. If Risacher doesn't want to go to Washington, that is a really bad fit for him, I highly doubt they will force the issue and upset his agent.

It all depends on Houston at #3. Do they want him and is it a team he would like to go? I guess a lot will depend on how they plan to use Amen Thompson. If they want to play him as a point forward, they might go with Reed Sheppard or even Stephon Castle. If they want to play him as a point guard, Risacher makes sense for them. For Risacher's clan, Houston is a team with a good coach that has played well this year, they might like it.
    tbh i think sheppard just makes a ton of sense for houston, but i agree that it largely depends on how they see Thompson. even with Thompson seen as a PG, sheppard as a combo guard off the bench to be the primary backup to both Thompson and Green, or with the lineup versatility to have him come in for Brooks and have Thompson temporarily slide to forward... a lot of possibilities. think houston sees how valuable having a steady hand in the backcourt is. FVV wont be there forever this may well be his last year there

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, more like third best small guard ever (Curry, Paul).
    Man, there is no all-time lineup I've ever constructed that has Chris Paul anywhere near it. Curry is the best shooter I've ever seen and is an underrated defender, but that's the only reason he's on a "small guard" list to me. The only other point guard I ever put in an all time list aside from Stockton is Magic. Maybe it's all those years of watching him play against the Spurs. , he was tough. Early on he scored a lot of points, then later he just turned it on when he needed to.

Seems like somehow Karl Malone's skeevyness is making people remember Stock incorrectly.

Sorry for derailing the thread a bit. I'd love to see the Spurs draft a traditional pass-first point guard, but I think if they do it would be the first time since I've been a fan of the team. Beno Udrih is the closest they have had since Strick left.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic/Curry are clearly above Stockton in all-time PG discussions. I guess if by greatest PG you mean greatest floor general, or greatest pure PG not factoring in career achievements, then yeah i can see that
    Didn't Nixon/Scott/Cooper primarily defend at the point of attack while Johnson served as the primary initiator?

If so, then why does he get to be classified as a PG (Doncic too), but James doesn't?

Man, there is no all-time lineup I've ever constructed that has Chris Paul anywhere near it.

Check his advanced metrics (yes, even in the playoffs).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Nixon/Scott/Cooper primarily defend at the point of attack while Johnson served as the primary initiator?

If so, then why does he get to be classified as a PG (Doncic too), but James doesn't?
    I'm fine with classifying either of them as PGs tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine with classifying either of them as PGs tbh
    Alright, then James is indisputably the GOAT PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Very good points. I think theres a solid chance Risacher is available at 4…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you don’t. Steph Curry wasn’t first. Chris Paul wasn’t first. John Stockton wasn’t first. Stockton wasn’t the best point guard of all time. He places around 9th on that list. I don’t even think this is the point that alf was trying to make.
    Oscar Robertson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would go easy on Salaun. He's a end of first round pick on a good draft you take a flyer on.

It's always a bit annoying when the first thing everyone repeats about a prospect is "He's a hard worker, he'll improve". You can translate it by: Raw, limited, lot of work to do, which is true for Salaun who doesn't have star potential at all.

I like the kid but he's just not a natural, doesn't have that feel for the game like Zach does for example... He stands out a bit in the french league becasue of his physicality and agressivity but that won't be enough in the NBA to be probably more than a mid-bench player/3rd stringer, if he actually belongs. there's nothing about him you could say he's even just good at and could become his bread and butter in the NBA.

He's closer to Sidy Cissoko than Risacher, and if he can get 10-12 min/ game in the NBA on career, that would already be a great success imo. Smoke screen from the spurs if you ask me. they're probably not interested while they already have Sidy.
    Sidy is a powerful guard who can carry the ball, dunk, has excellent vision of the game, but does not have a shot. Salaün is a SF-PF who can't carry the ball, who can dunk, doesn't pass the ball much and has a long distance shot. Outside of defense where they can defend on almost every position, I don't see the comparison.

As for the comparison made by Bruno above concerning the IQ of Risacher and Salaün, I have a little doubt that this translates effectively into the game. Risacher is certainly a very "Pop" coachable player, but Salaün has this Latin spirit, very French flair, very Manu which brings something extra to a match, a touch of madness. Risacher sticks to what he knows how to do, and I would always have doubts about his shy and reserved profile. The two would also be quite complementary in SF (Klay Thompson like) and PF (Aaron Gordon with a shot) but this will probably concern only the French team one day.

Having Risacher is like having a lotto ticket that guarantees you an 80% chance of winning $1,000. Having Salaün is like having a lottery ticket that would give you a 40% chance of winning $20,000. (Sekou Doumbouya is a fantastic scorer who can score from anywhere, but who doesn't defend. I have trouble understanding the comparisons sometimes^^.)
    Last edited by Limguogolo; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:54 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing I don’t like about Risacher is he seems so passive vs. Saluan who plays with an at ude and I wish he was a better FT shooter as it would help me believe in his 3 ball percentage. I would not hate the pick as he is so young and all ready has a good base to work from. What would be funny is that if we draft RISC at #4 and then Mantas at #8 and before people say they play the same position I really think RISC is a 3 and Mantas will eventually be moved to the 4

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very good points. I think theres a solid chance Risacher is available at 4…
    I think so too. I don't see Washington or Houston taking him. I could see Atlanta though. If he does fall to #4 I think the Spurs take him. I like him, but I like Buzelis a little better for the Spurs, but they'll go Risacher.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of nightmare scenarios emerging. Most of them involve Topic and Salaun.
    Definitely more chatter about Salaun to Spurs at 8 from the podcast draft crowd.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs actually want topic and Salaun, there is literally no reason for them not to trade down with Portland and get 7 and 14 or Memphis for 9 and an asset. Topic will either go to the wizards or he will last until pick 8

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely more chatter about Salaun to Spurs at 8 from the podcast draft crowd.
    Intellectually lazy just because (a) the Spurs have lottery picks and (b) he’s French, Wemby, Diaw, and Parker are French, they probably draft someone French. Sports media is a highly unserious industry. Any bloke can get credentialed lmao

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing I don’t like about Risacher is he seems so passive vs. Saluan who plays with an at ude and I wish he was a better FT shooter as it would help me believe in his 3 ball percentage. I would not hate the pick as he is so young and all ready has a good base to work from. What would be funny is that if we draft RISC at #4 and then Mantas at #8 and before people say they play the same position I really think RISC is a 3 and Mantas will eventually be moved to the 4
    Risacher looks soft,

Would be a horrible pick at 4. Want a player with some fire in his game like Castle.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ball.Hawk

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intellectually lazy just because (a) the Spurs have lottery picks and (b) he’s French, Wemby, Diaw, and Parker are French, they probably draft someone French. Sports media is a highly unserious industry. Any bloke can get credentialed lmao
    Maybe, but it’s also logical at some level. If the spurs are gonna take their PG at 4, then the top tier wings will be gone by 8. You’re looking at the Cody/Saluan tier by then. And then you layer on Vic’s statement about Saluan, and here we are..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say we make a good choice at #4 (Buzelis, Holland, Dillingham, Sheppard) at 4... we could be left with a real Sophie's Choice of Topic or Salaun or Williams at 8. it, give me Devin Carter or Knecht at that point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posted it in timvp mock thread, but I've come around on Dillingham as an alternative to Sheppard.

Do I prefer Sheppard? Yes, by a lot. Defensive events and hit ahead passes he what I want. But I'd be okay with Dillingham

And while he may be one of the worst defenders ever, I remembered that Pop doesn't care about that much anymore. Forbes and Branham were allowed to poop all over the court non stop, why not Dillingham?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posted it in timvp mock thread, but I've come around on Dillingham as an alternative to Sheppard.

Do I prefer Sheppard? Yes, by a lot. Defensive events and hit ahead passes he what I want. But I'd be okay with Dillingham

And while he may be one of the worst defenders ever, I remembered that Pop doesn't care about that much anymore. Forbes and Branham were allowed to poop all over the court non stop, why not Dillingham?
    ive see-sawed on dillingham/sheppard. ive had them basically in the same tier. about a month ago i was leaning sheppard. now dilly. but not by enough to be unhappy with either outcome

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daily Bub update.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always down for dudes named Bub

Thread Information