Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though I'm team Sheppard, I have come around to the DillingFAM.

I'd be happy with either Shepperd or Dillingham, though I'd still prefer Shepperd.

But

It has me worried that the Wizards could screw this up. If things go 1. Sarr 2. Dillingham 3. Shepperd in order I'm going to be very annoyed

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how you have the Rockets taking Risacher at 3. That means that they just plan to move on from one of Jabari, Eason, Amen, or Whitmore. If they did take Risacher at 3 I'd be on the phone with them everyday about a deal for Jabari until it got done.

If Dilli is gone I wouldn't mind Castle at 4. We need a real SF. We don't remotely have one on this team.

I actually think it plays out opposite. They take Dilli at 4 and Castle at 8

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think anyone should write off his shooting either. His shot isn't broken. For me it's about where you take him and his relative value to other prospects. Buzelis is at the top of my Spurs board, but he doesn't fit as well with Castle. I'd rather pair Risacher or Williams (maybe even Salaun) with him than Buzelis. My opinion on that has to do with having a Castle, Sochan, Buzelis SL. If we moved Sochan I'd feel better about a Buzelis-Castle pairing.

If we go with two guards my favorite pairing is Castle-Sheppard. I think they would mesh very well.
    You can't look at this as a one year build. Next year the Spurs will be drafting two or more first rounders. That's where they will be fitting the team together more. The Spurs will not have a complete team without weaknesses going into next year because they need upgrades in many areas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't look at this as a one year build. Next year the Spurs will be drafting two or more first rounders. That's where they will be fitting the team together more. The Spurs will not have a complete team without weaknesses going into next year because they need upgrades in many areas.
    I'm not suggesting throwing BPA out the windows. I break things down into tiers and if I have two in the same tier then i consider fit. For instance, I have Sheppard and Castle in the same tier, so of both are on the board my choice would come down to fit/possible future moves etc..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This draft is much more fun with the Toronto pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This draft is much more fun with the Toronto pick.
    No kidding. Imagine if we were sitting at just pick 7 or something. There’d be no juice at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we draft Castle and Dilly then we should trade Devin. It’s that simple.

If we draft Castle at 4 then it should be for him to play PG. We don’t need a Dilly at 8. And if Holland is available at 8 then you pick him and don’t ask questions.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we draft Castle and Dilly then we should trade Devin. It’s that simple.

If we draft Castle at 4 then it should be for him to play PG. We don’t need a Dilly at 8. And if Holland is available at 8 then you pick him and don’t ask questions.
    Three solid guards can work in a rotation with one Castle being able to play the 1 or 2. They need to move away from Jones.

1-Dillingham/Topic 2- Castle
    1- Dillingham/Topic 2- Vassell
    1- Castle 2- Vassell

These lineups or switch Dillingham with Topic if need more playmaking.

Yes Topic and Castle will need to improve 3 pt shooting to get max results but get a couple of shooters to come off the bench.
    Last edited by rascal; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:41 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three solid guards can work in a rotation with one Castle being able to play the 1 or 2. They need to move away from Jones.

1-Dillingham/Topic 2- Castle
    1- Dillingham/Topic 2- Vassell
    1- Castle 2- Vassell

These lineups or switch Dillingham with Topic if need more playmaking.

Yes Topic and Castle will need to improve 3 pt shooting to get max results but get a couple of shooters to come off the bench.
    There are a couple of shooters who I think would be good pickups in the second round.

1. Baylor Scheierman SF - 6'75 - 3P% -.381, FT% - .876
    2. Payton Sandfort SF -6.7 - 3P% - .379, FT% - .911
    3. Hunter Salis PG/SG - 6'4 - 3P% - .405, FT% - .783

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillingham might be an even worse defender than Trae, and nowhere near Trae’s level on offense (especially not passing-wise). And he’s far from the only shooter in this draft. It would be a big mistake.

The spurs need to use at least one of these picks on a 3&D type big wing.
    It was funny he diid a Pod Cast and they asked him to describe his game and he said “Good overall player who sometimes plays defense” they people interviewing him laughed and he said “I am not going to lie but I play defense when it counts” I have to say I enjoy his honesty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still adamant the Spurs should trade both picks, but after delving deeper I like the idea of drafting Sheppard or Dillingham tbh. Team needs shooting badly. Only way I'd even consider Castle is if they're confident he can become a decent shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My current mock draft:

1) Hawks: Sarr
    2) Wizards: Clingan
    3) Rockets: Sheppard
    4) Spurs: Risacher
    5) Pistons: Buzelis
    6) Hornets: Castle
    7) Blazers: Holland
    8) Spurs: Dillingham
    9) Grizzlies: Cody Williams
    10) Jazz: Topic
    11) Bulls: Salaün
    12) Thunder: Knecht

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Realistically, would any of these players the spurs draft in this mock, start?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You draft best player available unless there is obvious positional clash (e.g., you trade out of the BPA is a center if you’re set there, or if it’s a short PG if you already have one). And that is ONLY if the guy blocking them is a keeper.

Beyond Wemby, only Vassel and Sochan are building blocks and neither precludes you from taking anyone.

Whatever the team doesn’t get in the draft can be filled later via trade or FA. Don’t waste a pick by reaching because of positional need. You can turn into the Wolves drafting two PG not named Curry.

If the Spurs are high on both Shepherd and Dillingham, and both are there at 4, you SHOULD have pre-wired trades with the teams between you and 8 if your board shows that you absolutely have to have one and there is a drop off otherwise.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno I have to say my mock draft right now is EXACTLY the same as yours. I feel like this mock is the closest one to each team picking BPA while also drafting for need.

To round out the lottery I would expect.

13. Kings - Filipowski
    14. Blazers - Yves Missi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very few, if any, will even contribute to any of the drafting teams this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My current mock draft:

perfect scenario in my book

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You never know, a Tony Parker/Antonio Daniels situation could happen.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Sheppard over Dillangham. Reed has a higher bb IQ. Dilly had apparently said during the combine that he struggled understanding game plans, reads, et al.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just on scout reports alone, as I don't watch non nba basketball, Castle is the safest bet and should get a NBA career. Brandon Roy, Marcus Smart, Tony Allen, Derrick White. But if his guard skills don't translate, then you're stuck with a Bruce Brown type of player.

Buzelis seems like the biggest swing, hit or miss type of player. Just an intriguing skillet in that body. Just some of those skills translate, he could be the best player of the draft. Of course, he could be like many of those intriguing big euro players that never play meaningful minutes in the NBA.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are a couple of shooters who I think would be good pickups in the second round.

1. Baylor Scheierman SF - 6'75 - 3P% -.381, FT% - .876
    2. Payton Sandfort SF -6.7 - 3P% - .379, FT% - .911
    3. Hunter Salis PG/SG - 6'4 - 3P% - .405, FT% - .783
    You can find shooting to add to the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 - Sheppard
    8 - Holland

is what I’m hoping for at the moment. Different from yesterday. Will probably be different tomorrow, tbh.

Sheppard/ Tre/ Wesley
    Vassell/ Branham/ Duke Jr.
    Holland/ Julian
    Sochan/ Mamu/ Cissoko
    Wemby/ Barlow
    Last edited by Dejounte; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:48 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My current mock draft:

That looks logical to me. I think at 4 Risacher, Buzelis, and Castle will be considered heavily and at 8 your 8-12 will all be considered heavily.

The thing that concerns me as far as shaking thing up is if, for some reason, Atlanta doesn't go with Sarr.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That looks logical to me. I think at 4 Risacher, Buzelis, and Castle will be considered heavily and at 8 your 8-12 will all be considered heavily.

The thing that concerns me as far as shaking thing up is if, for some reason, Atlanta doesn't go with Sarr.
    If Sarr doesn’t go one, but instead 2, that probably means Clingan will be there at 4 and ZR won’t be. That opens up a lot of interesting trade opportunities. Portland and Memphis said to be hot for Clingan. What would they give?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Sarr doesn’t go one, but instead 2, that probably means Clingan will be there at 4 and ZR won’t be. That opens up a lot of interesting trade opportunities. Portland and Memphis said to be hot for Clingan. What would they give?
    Portland would offer 7 and 14. Memphis would have to offer a future 1st + 9, but I'm not sure that's enough. Now if Charlotte wants a big it he's real interesting. They could offer 6 plus changing protection/ length on the pick they owe us.

Thread Information