Page 315 of 385 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,875 of 9602
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are you sweetening the pot for to basically get your guy at 4? (As opposed to just taking Castle there)
    It's no secret I want Dillingham. I take him there, as he's my priority and to make sure Detroit doesn't get him. Then as I suggest, at least in this scenario, jumping up to grab Castle at 6.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just for entertainment purposes -

Which of these is most likely?
    1. Ron Holland / Stephon Castle become league average shooters
    2. Nikola Topic becomes a league average defender
    3. Reed Sheppard / Rob Dillingham grow 2 inches

EDIT:
    4. Risacher gains self-creation abilities
    Last edited by SpursBills; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:56 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it‘s Castle at 4, so be it. they might see some Kawhi in him (Kawhi the player, Not Kawhi the nephew).
    in that scenario I would like Cody at 8.
    or the best shooter left. that might be Sheppard, or McCain or Knecht.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's no secret I want Dillingham. I take him there, as he's my priority and to make sure Detroit doesn't get him. Then as I suggest, at least in this scenario, jumping up to grab Castle at 6.
    That’s right.

Hmm, I have a hard time seeing DET taking Dillingham 5 when they have Ivey/Cade. In any case I wonder if Reed doesn’t fit them better? Have a feeling if Dillingham makes it to 4 he’ll make it to 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't think there is any player in this draft that i think the spurs should trade up for. i do think there are some that i'd be okay with them trading down for, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

EDIT:
    I'd add for #2, that Topic needs to become a league average defender AND become a league average shooter. In which case, #1 seems most likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA central Twitter posted it… some athletic writer says the spurs have strong interest in Stephon Castle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA central Twitter posted it… some athletic writer says the spurs have strong interest in Stephon Castle.
    Guaranteed he’s going 2 to WAS now lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s right.

Hmm, I have a hard time seeing DET taking Dillingham 5 when they have Ivey/Cade. In any case I wonder if Reed doesn’t fit them better? Have a feeling if Dillingham makes it to 4 he’ll make it to 8.
    Tbh if Detroit is smart they take Dillingham. I think he can play off Cunningham. The only problem is Ivey, but if they're acquiring talent, just figure it out later. There's not a ton of star upside in the draft and RD has some of it.

But I do think Reed fits there very well, too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

EDIT:
    You should break out #1.

Sounds like the shots are very different. I think Castle becomes a passable shooter while Holland’s shot is DOA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't think there is any player in this draft that i think the spurs should trade up for. i do think there are some that i'd be okay with them trading down for, though.
    True, but only because they are sitting at 4, so they are going to be able to take a point guard with upside which should absolutely be the pick. If they were sitting at 7 or 8 might get dicey for them and they might have had to move up into the top 4 to get the guard they want.

If they really want Dilli then it is dicey for them at 4. Wizards need everything so they might take a point guard. Rockets already have everything except a young point guard to take over for Van fleet in one or two years so they might as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point, for me, is that I'd much rather secure Stephon Castle (in this scenario) than have to pick a Cody Williams or Ron Holland. If all it takes are some SRPs, then absolutely. I'd even think about giving them their FRP back. There's a PR hit there ("The Spurs traded a 2025 first rounder to move up two spots!@!"), but I don't think they make the playoffs, anyway, so it's like giving them their two SRPs back. Think about, at least.

Ultimately, I think Castle and Dillingham are the two bets I want to take in this draft, and if I can get both, then I'm happy:

Dillingham
    - Excellent shooting
    - Good passing (great lobs)
    - Exceptional ball handling and quickness
    - Clutch ability / scoring bursts

Castle
    - Excellent defense
    - Winning pedigree
    - Good connection passer
    - Won't need hand-holding

So, I'd definitely move up from 8 if the cost isn't that much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guaranteed he’s going 2 to WAS now lol
    that could be how they want it to play out and take risacher at 4 which would be a success imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of the teams 5-7, I do think DET is the biggest threat to take a PG. Cade/Ivey/Dillingham would actually be a pretty nifty three man rotation at guard as I think all three work in any combination with the others. I just don't see it with CHA, and in POR I don't either unless they decide on moving Simons.

Still think it makes most sense for them to move to 3 and take their choice of remaining wings though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the only change to the guard rotation is replacing Wesley with Castle.

Of the teams 5-7, I do think DET is the biggest threat to take a PG. Cade/Ivey/Dillingham would actually be a pretty nifty three man rotation at guard as I think all three work in any combination with the others. I just don't see it with CHA, and in POR I don't either unless they decide on moving Simons.

Still think it makes most sense for them to move to 3 and take their choice of remaining wings though.
    I don't think it'll matter because I don't see the Spurs having interest in Dillingham (or to a lesser extent Topic), but I've been saying this.

The Pistons will be hiring a new POBO, Cunningham's size gives them flexibility defensively, Ivey hasn't done enough to be entrenched (and if they're not sold on his being a fixture, the time might be now to move him before he loses more luster) and they desperately need, among other things, star power (puncher's chance) and shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If info. about a Spurs prospect has leaked already, I’d put money on it being misinformation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If info. about a Spurs prospect has leaked already, I’d put money on it being misinformation.
    Nah, this organization is the most predictable one because they have set archetypes and characteristics they seek and don't deviate, so when we hear names like Castle and Salaun, it's predictable and typical.

When we hear names like Topic and Dillingham, the former is people stereotyping and the latter is people seeing an obvious need for his skillset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be mad if we pick Castle cause he has a high floor, but I see him as a back up wing. If he plays PG we'll run a very stagnant offense with teams packing the paint cause neither him nor Sochan can shoot well enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle, Sochan, Vassell. I think I’m starting to see Wright’s archetype now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think the idea of Cade being a PG was probably misguided from the start. While a 6'6" PG is a modern NBA fan's wet dream, Cade actually had a negative AST:TO in college and given his good 3 point shooting and wing-sized dimensions, probably should have been used as a secondary playmaking wing / 2 guard from the start. I think that you are spot on that what the Pistons actually need is a facilitating guard to play alongside Cade, and I actually think that Dillingham, Sheppard, or Topic would all probably work next to Cade far better than them taking a 3 and D wing.

I actually have similar concerns about Castle being used as a PG, as he is even more 2 guard/wing-ish than Cade with similar dimensions and even worse offensive facilitating concerns. I think if you draft Castle, a realistic optimistic projection is that he develops into a secondary playmaking guard and defensive playmaker like a bigger Jalen Suggs, and you can use Vassell (who may be an empty calories occasional all-star ala DeRozan on a "bargain" contract in a couple years) as a pretty significant trade piece to get the star wing that you really need whether through the draft or trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

EDIT:
    4..then 3..then 2...then 1..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets’ beat-writer. I believe it tbh. The more time passes, the more I think Castle might be the pick at 4 if he’s available.

I’d be fine with that. Spurs desperately need guys who can defend, and his POA Defense, while already very good, has a chance to be elite. Just gotta figure out that jump shot, which I’m confident will come with time and repe ion.

The Jimmy Butler comparisons are intriguing, certainly much more-so than the RJ Barrett and Dante Exum ones. The physical profiles are similar and Butler couldn’t shoot the 3-ball well either at Marquette. Jimmy plays at a faster pace than Castle does, but there are definitely some similarities in their build and their games. All in all, there are definitely worse players we could take at 4. I’d be more than okay with it.
    I think Castle ending up as a mirror image of J-dub, J-dub in his first two seasons in college couldn't shoot at all from 3 and he developed it nicely, i think Castle also show signs of being able to develop a reliable 3 point shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4..then 3..then 2...then 1..
    id say 4, 2, 1, 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Castle ending up as a mirror image of J-dub, J-dub in his first two seasons in college couldn't shoot at all from 3 and he developed it nicely, i think Castle also show signs of being able to develop a reliable 3 point shot
    i know this is a troll/ post account, but j-dub shot 35% from 3 as a freshman, which while not great is about 9% higher than castle, and on higher volume. even in his sop re season when he got hurt and shot poorly, he shot better than castle did as a freshman

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know this is a troll/ post account, but j-dub shot 35% from 3 as a freshman, which while not great is about 9% higher than castle, and on higher volume. even in his sop re season when he got hurt and shot poorly, he shot better than castle did as a freshman
    J-dub wasn't a 3 point shooter early in his career and he developed it, Castle solid free throws %, good touch in the mid range and hitting two 3 pointers in that final four game are indicators of 3 point shot coming along... Right now very similar player to J-dub other than that...

Thread Information