Page 325 of 394 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335375 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,125 of 9832
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For whatever it’s worth I see Sochan 3pt % stats go from 24.6 to 30.8 while doubling the amount of makes. All while playing through a really rough “experiment”. If he improves his 3pt % half as much to the next season as he did from his rookie year we should be pretty happy with that.

I feel Sochan the second half of the season was looking quite a bit better until they sat him to finish out the tank.
    That's not really what happened. Sochan had a strong November and January, then reverted to his mean, especially after the ASB.

October - 25.0
    %November - 46.7%
    December - 32.5%
    January - 37.5%
    February - 19.4%
    March - 22.8%
    April - DNP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Sochan a few 20p games towards the end?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But... Salaun shoots .316 from deep. How is that a stretch four? Tankathon lists his good qualities as... ... ... ... ... draft age. That's it. I get people here have a hate boner about Sochan with the whole PG thing I guess, but Salaun is nowhere near able to contribute the way Sochan does. He's just bad at everything.
    He started the year shooting at 17% the first two months (7/41) so there's a legit improvement there and he finishes strong. sometimes numbers don't tell everything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re-listening to the Sam Vecenie's Game Theory Podcast on their post-lotto thoughts and he has Sarr as a Tier 3 player (note, he doesn't have anyone from this class as a Tier 1 or Tier 2, he's had 9 Tier 1 players over the last 4 drafts I think he said). He still mocks him #1, but that's an idea of how he feels about this draft.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0Qy...9609e0ec3b4b2a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs draft Salaun then it's most likely because of Wemby's inside info that he lives in the gym. It's not the worst approach to take a swing at a project with insane work ethic in a draft where almost every player has major deficiencies. With that being said, there are a lot of guys that I'm much higher on.

The Sochan bashing needs to stop. The kid legitemately took over some games in the 4th quarter. Most players struggle in their 2nd year. This 3rd year is where you should expect a major jump in production. That goes for Sochan, Branham and Wesley. If there is none, the last 2 guys can get traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like a lot of these debates are going in circles. None of these dudes are day one contributors. No matter who we pick, they're gonna be a 2-4 yr project due to their limitations on one side of the floor. Expecting a rookie from this year's draft class to make and immediate impact is setting yourself up for disappointment.

People may not wanna hear it, but our patience will be tested next year. The only way this team makes a substantial leap is if multiple players on roster make a leap or if we add NBA proven talent via FA/Trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salaun is the 6’10 stretch-4 PATFO wish Sochan was tbh. He’s nowhere near ready, but that’s likely what PATFO will see in him. Feels like a very Spursy pick at 8.

He didn’t partake at the Combine because his season is still going on, but would be eager to see his actual measurements. He looks a legit 6’9-6’10 barefoot with long arms.

And that he's doing while spurstalk saying he is raw af, so how the are you against drafting him 8? If he's such raw just imagine what he'll do in the future

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a side note, Just wanted to know, are we writing off Malaki Branham as a PG? I thought the experience with him at that position wasn't that bad and showed some glimpses...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - If the Rockets don't trade the pick, they might select Clingan because I'm not sure they're sold on Sengun as a long term centerpiece.

- Sheppard may struggle at the POA, but he should thrive as a team defender which when coupled with his shooting/secondary play making should make him one of the best bets to be positive impact in the draft.

- Risacher obviously won't get to 4, but who cares if he can't create? Neither can Porter Jr., Caldwell-Pope, Gobert, McDaniels, Turner, Nesmith, Gafford, Jones Jr., etc. and those teams aren't worse off for it.

- I don't want Castle or Garland, but the former only makes sense as a prelude to the latter, with Jones involved to make sense of this roster.
    i dont buy this at all man. in his age 21 season he averaged 21/9/5... he'll stick around. sure he's similar to sabonis, who the pacers traded, but that was after his age 24 season. at 21, sabonis was putting up 11/8/2.

i think they may take clingan, anyway, but not because they dont have faith in sengun

agree as to most of the rest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like a lot of these debates are going in circles. None of these dudes are day one contributors. No matter who we pick, they're gonna be a 2-4 yr project due to their limitations on one side of the floor. Expecting a rookie from this year's draft class to make and immediate impact is setting yourself up for disappointment.

People may not wanna hear it, but our patience will be tested next year. The only way this team makes a substantial leap is if multiple players on roster make a leap or if we add NBA proven talent via FA/Trade.
    I agree with this.

It's why I would love to trade these picks for a mid-20s year old position in need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salaun is a very attractive lump of clay but that type of player has no business going top 10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salaun is a very attractive lump of clay but that type of player has no business going top 10
    In this draft, he should absolutely be in play as a Top 10 pick tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand the desire to wait until 8 to get a guard because one of the top 4 guards is more likely to fall but I have Sheppard well above all other guard prospects.
    If there is only one Tier 1 prospect left at 4 then you take him and let the chips fall where they may at 8.
    Now, if there are two Tier one guys left at 4 (Say Risacher and Sheppard) then I think you prioritize the wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a side note, Just wanted to know, are we writing off Malaki Branham as a PG? I thought the experience with him at that position wasn't that bad and showed some glimpses...
    no. As a 6th man he can be the one handling the ball. He showed glimpses of breaking out, but of course he has to improve a lot. As a starter I'd say pass, he's not a good enough passer to justify playing with wemby.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes Salaun any different than Kevin Knox? He was 6-9 in shoes, 7 foot wingspan, 18 on draft night, played real compe ion at Kentucky so he had the potential for the post Kentucky bounce

Scored 15 a game and shot 34% from 3 on 4.5 attempts, great dunks and threes highlights ... But just couldn't play basketball

I haven't watched the full games myself. But I will if they're on YouTube or NBA league pass and I'll be looking for something I heard in a draft podcast breakdown of Salaun (might have been No Ceilings): and that was that in between the dunks and threes seen in highlights where the rest of basketball happens that he was clueless and didn't know what was going on.

Very skeptical for now but need to watch games for myself

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that’s the case and they stick with Sengun they will always lack a true anchor and rim protector. I think they’re better trading away fools gold Al. They should be able to get a true star if they include him and Jalen Green in a trade!
    Can we just start calling him Scola?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But... Salaun shoots .316 from deep. How is that a stretch four? Tankathon lists his good qualities as... ... ... ... ... draft age.

That's it.

I get people here have a hate boner about Sochan with the whole PG thing I guess, but Salaun is nowhere near able to contribute the way Sochan does. He's just bad at everything.
    Don't hate Sochan. As a matter of fact, I’ve defended him more than most on here in game threads. And I agree that Salaun is a project. I’m just saying this is what I think PATFO are thinking in regards to Salaun, who no doubt is currently surging up draft boards. I fully expect him to go in the Lottery, and depending on his workouts, could even see him going top-10. Spurs happen to have the 8th pick and a need for another big on the roster as we’re currently undersized. And this kid happens to be 6’10+ with long arms while showing promising upside as a potential stretch-4. He’s also a friend of Wemby and his family’s. It’s easy to see why they’d be interested. That’s all I’m saying.

And 33% from 3 on 4 attempts/per, while certainly not great, stills shows promise for an 18 year-old big. He also shot 77% from the foul line this year, which suggests that 3P% could go up in time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this draft, he should absolutely be in play as a Top 10 pick tbh.
    this draft is weak at the top in that there is no star power. there is no franchise foundational player (that we can tell), no "this guy will be an all star by year 3" type players.

its not like the guys in play between picks 7 and 15 are unusually weak. leave the samanic "one player away from being one player away" types to the end of the first where they belong, where some loaded contender just keep them in the oven for 2-3 years until they're ready. we are going to be absolutely churning through the bottom of the roster for the next 3 years. dont have room for that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont buy this at all man. in his age 21 season he averaged 21/9/5... he'll stick around. sure he's similar to sabonis, who the pacers traded, but that was after his age 24 season. at 21, sabonis was putting up 11/8/2.

i think they may take clingan, anyway, but not because they dont have faith in sengun

agree as to most of the rest
    At counting stats without context in '24. He's a classic high floor/low ceiling player.

I get the sense Udoka has some personnel say and he doesn't strike me as his type of player.

They also have a lot of assets and are in a market players are drawn too.

I'm not saying they'd trade him immediately or maybe even at all, just that they'd be open to anything with their roster if it gets them an All-NBA player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can live with Castle + Salaun.

In my view with these 2024 picks you draft for postional size, bbiq, and coachability. Pick up shooting in free agency, and trade for your next starting PG this or next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At counting stats without context in '24. He's a classic high floor/low ceiling player.

I get the sense Udoka has some personnel say and he doesn't strike me as his type of player.

They also have a lot of assets and are in a market players are drawn too.

I'm not saying they'd trade him immediately or maybe even at all, just that they'd be open to anything with their roster if it gets them an All-NBA player.
    production matters

how can you call him low ceiling when he is putting up all star production at age 21?

yes, they are a place players can be drawn to. a playmaking big that gets everyone involved is also an attractive aspect of that team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't hate Sochan. As a matter of fact, I’ve defended him more than most on here in game threads. And I agree that Salaun is a project. I’m just saying this is what I think PATFO are thinking in regards to Salaun, who no doubt is currently surging up draft boards. I fully expect him to go in the Lottery, and depending on his workouts, could even see him going top-10. Spurs happen to have the 8th pick and a need for another big on the roster as we’re currently undersized. And this kid happens to be 6’10+ with long arms while showing promising upside as a potential stretch-4. He’s also a friend of Wemby and his family’s. It’s easy to see why they’d be interested. That’s all I’m saying.

And 33% from 3 on 4 attempts/per, while certainly not great, stills shows promise for an 18 year-old big. He also shot 77% from the foul line this year, which suggests that 3P% could go up in time.
    If we're only talking about 3pt ability - this certainly projects better than Sochan's college stats did (29.6% 3P%, 58.9% FT%), or Castle and Holland's shooting stats. So, at least in regard to the ability to develop a 3P shot, Salaun projects at least as well as any of those guys did. So I'm less concerned about how Salaun projects as a shooter than how he projects at everything else.

Also, not trying to imply you are advocating for him - you're spot on with your first paragraph.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes Salaun any different than Kevin Knox? He was 6-9 in shoes, 7 foot wingspan, 18 on draft night, played real compe ion at Kentucky so he had the potential for the post Kentucky bounce

Scored 15 a game and shot 34% from 3 on 4.5 attempts, great dunks and threes highlights ... But just couldn't play basketball

I haven't watched the full games myself. But I will if they're on YouTube or NBA league pass and I'll be looking for something I heard in a draft podcast breakdown of Salaun (might have been No Ceilings): and that was that in between the dunks and threes seen in highlights where the rest of basketball happens that he was clueless and didn't know what was going on.

Very skeptical for now but need to watch games for myself
    Yeah, but if it’s the same podcast I’m thinking of they also said that while his floor is lower than Risacher now, his potential ceiling could be way higher. Not sure if that was more a reflection of him or ZR tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this draft is weak at the top in that there is no star power. there is no franchise foundational player (that we can tell), no "this guy will be an all star by year 3" type players.

its not like the guys in play between picks 7 and 15 are unusually weak. leave the samanic "one player away from being one player away" types to the end of the first where they belong, where some loaded contender just keep them in the oven for 2-3 years until they're ready. we are going to be absolutely churning through the bottom of the roster for the next 3 years. dont have room for that
    If they think he has best player in the draft type ceiling then they should absolutely take him at 8 tbh. They also have plenty of roster spots/room to give Saluan 2 years to develop if they think he's worth it tbh. If they only had #8 then I'd probably agree with you but #8 is a luxury pick where they can afford to take a big swing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    production matters

how can you call him low ceiling when he is putting up all star production at age 21?

yes, they are a place players can be drawn to. a playmaking big that gets everyone involved is also an attractive aspect of that team
    It's largely a product of mpg/usage. Dig deeper and his efficiency is middling, both scoring and rebounding wise.

I don't believe you can build a championship contender him as the centerpiece or have him play a tertiary role considering his inability to space the floor and limitations defensively at by far the most important position on that side of the ball.

The thing with most international stars is, they're not drawn to congregating like most American stars nor are they part of the cool kids.

Thread Information