Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just mind boggling. I do not understand this stubborn idea of not fouling when you are up by 3. Why in the are you so against it?
    Nope.
    Turns out Jim Carrey and Haliburton say the plan was to foul.

Now, both Rick Carlisle and Tyrese Haliburton said the intent was to foul on the play. But with the way Brown caught the pass already faced up to the basket with the threat of pulling the trigger immediately, Pascal Siakam made the quick decision to not risk fouling on a 3-point attempt.

However, Carrey then doubles down on Siakims uber low IQ decision to do the loser thing and not foul:

"That's probably the right decision, you don't want to give up a four-point play. Look, a lot of things had to go wrong for us and right for them. They did. We have to own it."

Link
    Pacers will regret not fouling Celtics' Jaylen Brown, but the mistake was made before he ever caught the ball (msn.com)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to see BOSTON win it all. For one reason...

Al Horford.

No man in the NBA right now deserves it more. Doesn't mean , I know...but, I'd love to see him win a Championship before he's done. Guy has always been a workhorse, and he still is. At 37 he's hustling more and playing smarter than most of the kids around him.
    nah

-ford

the celtics cannot win any more les...

wemby ONLY needs 12 to tie the celtics - and this past season was a waste of his generational all time best talent

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awwwww znaw!!! Boston has 17 rings. Thats MORE than enough. I can live with anyone else winning the Chip, but not Boston.
    I get it they have the most rings already, but I have never found Celtics fans to be insufferable like Laker fans are with their rings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Boston's depth with Holiday and White (and Porzingis, if he can come back) that makes them dangerous. Tatum and Brown are an underwhelming one-two punch, but the Celts can at least look at a team like the '04 Pistons that beat the Shaq/Kobe Lakers for inspiration. Brown is such an interesting study in the modern NBA player: massive max contract, good raw numbers, extremely average shooting percentages (TS%, eFG%, 3pt%, FT%), extremely mediocre advanced/impact numbers. He's a great illustration of that now old maxim that coaches and scouts believe there are about 10 Players truly worthy of a Max contract, while agents & players believe there are 50 guys deserving of one.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Halliburton was the opposite of clutch.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Nope.
    Turns out Jim Carrey and Haliburton say the plan was to foul.

Now, both Rick Carlisle and Tyrese Haliburton said the intent was to foul on the play. But with the way Brown caught the pass already faced up to the basket with the threat of pulling the trigger immediately, Pascal Siakam made the quick decision to not risk fouling on a 3-point attempt.

However, Carrey then doubles down on Siakims uber low IQ decision to do the loser thing and not foul:

"That's probably the right decision, you don't want to give up a four-point play. Look, a lot of things had to go wrong for us and right for them. They did. We have to own it."

Link
    Pacers will regret not fouling Celtics' Jaylen Brown, but the mistake was made before he ever caught the ball (msn.com)
    Shai fouled PJW on that same basic shot situation and lost because of it, people said he should have risked the shot vs the foul. It's a tossup. What they should be talking about is not calling a timeout instead of turning the ball over up 3 with 10 seconds to play on the inbounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shai fouled PJW on that same basic shot situation and lost because of it, people said he should have risked the shot vs the foul. It's a tossup. What they should be talking about is not calling a timeout instead of turning the ball over up 3 with 10 seconds to play on the inbounds.
    Not even close to the same.
    Indy was up by 3
    OKC was up by 1.

Yes the failure to call time out and have the whole court to work with was below 4th grade level BBIQ stoopid.
    Carlise admitted he blew that.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Not even close to the same.
    Indy was up by 3
    OKC was up by 1.

Yes the failure to call time out and have the whole court to work with was below 4th grade level BBIQ stoopid.
    Carlise admitted he blew that.
    These teams have horrible decision making under pressure. It eats at me that they play downhill all game and then intentionally start playing uphill when they get a small lead late in the game. They stop attacking, start throttling back. It's annoying.

Otherwise, you say "not close to the same" but you show both teams had the lead and the difference is 2 points. If Siakam fouls and the 3 goes in, it's game over if the FT is made. They at least had OT to win it. , Haliburton passed on a look he made several times to get a contested heave. That play did not decide that game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These teams have horrible decision making under pressure. It eats at me that they play downhill all game and then intentionally start playing uphill when they get a small lead late in the game. They stop attacking, start throttling back. It's annoying.

Otherwise, you say "not close to the same" but you show both teams had the lead and the difference is 2 points. If Siakam fouls and the 3 goes in, it's game over if the FT is made. They at least had OT to win it. , Haliburton passed on a look he made several times to get a contested heave. That play did not decide that game.
    The difference was +3 for Indy.
    Quite easy to foul when Brown was not in the act of shooting. Brown gave him 100% opportunity when he brought the ball DOWN on an attempted positioning for shot /rip thru. All Siakim had to do was hack down.
    As it was, Siakim did almost foul him 1 second later during the shot.
    Just brainless super low IQ basketball.
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Agree it is maddening when teams go into the Playing Not To Lose offense vs continuing on with open O.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The difference was +3 for Indy.
    Quite easy to foul when Brown was not in the act of shooting. Brown gave him 100% opportunity when he brought the ball DOWN on an attempted positioning for shot /rip thru. All Siakim had to do was hack down.
    As it was, Siakim did almost foul him 1 second later during the shot.
    Just brainless super low IQ basketball.
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Agree it is maddening when teams go into the Playing Not To Lose offense vs continuing on with open O.
    If OKC was up by 1 and Indy was up by 3, the difference is +2. Brown still had to make a tough shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs +29 in the paint

Timbys +34 3pm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kat then ant both hitting crucial 3s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice ant vs luka 4q duel

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok Reggie we get it, Edwards is tired. So is everyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After a year of watching some questionable lobs, I feel well qualified to say... you gotta do better than that, Conley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol since were losing TNT does that mean Reggie is gone

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn this is a fun series. My most anticipated non-Spurs WCF since Warriors-Thunder in 2016.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta give jason kidd props…

mavs game plan is working…and had the mavs even had a semi-decent 3pt fg %

they would be way ahead

also

kyrie mentioned that the mavs were well aware the wolves were coming off a game 7

j kidd doing decent coaching

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this mavs team…and

starting to hate Gobert and that little arrogant prick- anthony edwards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie and Fatty Acid are fun to watch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I found myself rooting for the Mavs instead of the Wolves. My feelings have betrayed me I guess.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie and Fatty Acid are fun to watch
    Luka is much more enjoyable to watch when he’s not a whiny . Something clicked for him last series and it’s been great to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka is much more enjoyable to watch when he’s not a whiny . Something clicked for him last series and it’s been great to see.
    eh he was looking at the refs after every possession tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lively is fitting in great with the Mavs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol since were losing TNT does that mean Reggie is gone
    Replaced by Apemond.
    Hard to believe it's a downgrade from Regina.

Thread Information