Page 332 of 389 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382 ... LastLast
Results 8,276 to 8,300 of 9718
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should get White, then Anunnoby

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a division with Wemby, it would be smart for Houston to grab this guy.

Honestly, Washington would really benefit from having a defensive anchor like this too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any new gossip in this latest Givony piece? I’m behind the pay wall.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...p-25-prospects

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a division with Wemby, it would be smart for Houston to grab this guy.

Honestly, Washington would really benefit from having a defensive anchor like this too.
    Who Houston plays in the post is inconsequential. Nobody is bothering Wemby at all. They might as roll with Sengün,and have the scoring and rebounding, at least. That being said,I would love for Clingan and Sarr to come off the board in the top 3. That helps us a lot in getting to our needs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cody is not getting much play on this board, but listening to this interview I can see the spurs absolutely falling on love with him. Maturity and bbiq super high.

https://youtu.be/T_FAOLXACtI?feature=shared

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any new gossip in this latest Givony piece? I’m behind the pay wall.

free view link

bdqjG

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something interesting from Givony..

“Risacher is expected to be selective with his pre-draft visits among NBA suitors once he finally does make his way to the States.”

He could tell the Hawks, Wizards and Rockets to get ed and refuse workouts. Although I imagine he would want the prestige of going number 1 overall so I doubt he refuses a Hawks workout.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cody is not getting much play on this board, but listening to this interview I can see the spurs absolutely falling on love with him. Maturity and bbiq super high.

https://youtu.be/T_FAOLXACtI?feature=shared
    that's what I was talking about, when I said he is in another league regarding maturity, eloquence and self-reflection (if that's the right word in english). Cody and McCain, those two will very likely win teams with their interviews.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gracias

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something interesting from Givony..

“Risacher is expected to be selective with his pre-draft visits among NBA suitors once he finally does make his way to the States.”

He could tell the Hawks, Wizards and Rockets to get ed and refuse workouts. Although I imagine he would want the prestige of going number 1 overall so I doubt he refuses a Hawks workout.
    I don't think he refuses anything unless he has a guarantee from his preferred destination, he probably would fit really well in Atlanta, and in Washington he'd get plenty of time to develop. His most questionable fit would be in Houston, they're overloaded with wings, but they're a BPA kind of franchise so I'm wouldn't be shocked if they go with him or even Castle. Nightmarish scenario for the Spurs: Sarr, Risacher, Castle go top 3 (in some combination), the Spurs don't want to go small at PG and start reaching for Salaun and Kyshawn George types.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher can refuse workouts all he wants. If the Wizards want him at 2, they're going to take him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher can refuse workouts all he wants. If the Wizards want him at 2, they're going to take him.
    I don't think it's all black and white. If they have him leaps and bounds above everyone else, sure. Otherwise they may take someone else or, at the very least, be more willing to listen to offers.

One scenario: suppose Atlanta goes Sarr, Risacher doesn't want to go to Washington, and they're high on Topic or someone else projected to be available at 8. Do the Spurs pay a premium to move up from 8 to 2, so that they could take their (presumptively) preferred 2 guys in Risacher and Castle? What would you be willing to do to make that happen? I might add a future protected first (say, Spurs '29 lottery protected) plus maybe the Charlotte pick and seconds, if I knew the Spurs would pass on Dillingham at 8 (which I believe to be the case).

EDIT: there's one aspect that I wasn't clear about: since both teams would target the same player with the no. 2 pick, Washington wouldn't be required to take any risks and could safely take their guy at 2 (Risacher) while the Spurs take theirs at 4 (Castle), deferring the decision on whether to accept the Spurs offer when they're on the clock at 8. If Washington likes what's available at that time (Topic, Dillingham, whomever) then they can go ahead and make the trade, otherwise they reject it and the Spurs go ahead with their selection as planned. So it's a pretty safe scenario that wouldn't impose additional costs or risks to either team.
    Last edited by Ariel; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:00 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    13. Devin Carter | PG/SG | Providence

6-4 | Age: 22.1 | Previously ranked: 17
    Carter has significant momentum as he's in the midst of an outstanding month that has him knocking on the door of the draft lottery. He measured well and tested as arguably the best athlete in this draft at the combine, posting historic figures that included a 42-inch vertical leap and shuttle and sprint times that put him in elite company. Carter also had one of the best pro day showings we saw in either Chicago or Los Angeles, putting his Olympic-level athletic ability on full display and knocking down 30-foot pull-up jumpers with ease, as he did all season at Providence.
    Teams looking for immediate backcourt help, starting with the San Antonio Spurs at No. 8 and the Memphis Grizzlies at No. 9 have significant interest in Carter, as his draft stock may continue to climb in the next month as he gets into private workouts. -- Givony

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ If the Spurs somehow took Risacher at 4 and Castle wasn't available at 8, I wouldn't be shocked at all if they went Devin Carter. In fact he's probably more their cup of tea than Dillingham.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should get White, then Anunnoby
    Boston is going to win th NBA le.

White isn't going anywhere.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would be a good comp for Carter? George Hill?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid is gonna be a stud tbh. Him being this good thing young is impressive. Also has great size for the position at 6’4+, and is said to be a high-character kid. Much prefer him to any of the PG’s in this draft tbh. Guarantee he’s all over the Spurs’ radar.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's all black and white. If they have him leaps and bounds above everyone else, sure. Otherwise they may take someone else or, at the very least, be more willing to listen to offers. One scenario: suppose Atlanta goes Sarr, Risacher doesn't want to go to Washington, and they're high on Topic or someone else projected to be available at 8. Do the Spurs pay a premium to move up from 8 to 2, so that they could take their (presumptively) preferred 2 guys in Risacher and Castle? What would you be willing to do to make that happen? I might add a future protected first (say, Spurs '29 lottery protected) plus maybe the Charlotte pick and seconds, if I knew the Spurs would pass on Dillingham at 8 (which I believe to be the case).
    How about a san Antonio unprotected 25 pick and the charlotte pick (which doesn't hold much value) and the seconds? It's going to take more than what you want to trade to get that 2nd overall pick.

You're going to have to part with something you value to make it worthwhile for the other team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think people need to let the dream of Risacher go tbh. It’s not happening. Barring a drastic change, he’s going to be a Wizard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would be a good comp for Carter? George Hill?
    The Ringer compares Carter to Bruce Brown which I think is a pretty decent comparison, though Carter has shown through this past year plus the combine that he has a more promising shot. I see George Hill too, I didn't think of him at all but that's a good call on your part. I think if everything hits right for him, he can be in the conversation among guys like Derrick White and Jrue Holiday. The things that stick out to me most is that he's very tough, very willing to find his flow in the offense, and doesn't force anything.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid is gonna be a stud tbh. Him being this good thing young is impressive. Also has great size for the position at 6’4+, and is said to be a high-character kid. Much prefer him to any of the PG’s in this draft tbh. Guarantee he’s all over the Spurs’ radar.

That's why Castle makes sense for the Spurs. If they can land this kid next year. Castle, Traore and Vassell would make a solid three guard rotation backcourt.

Thread Information