Page 334 of 389 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,350 of 9714
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, I'm not against taking Castle this year. I'm just saying that the logic behind "Don't take Risacher because there are better forwards next year" is flawed and can be applied to the PG position as well. For me, I'm not letting anything re: next year's draft limit who I am choosing, by position, this year. If it's Risacher, then great...of it's Castle, then that's great too...
    Yeah, next year's draft shouldn't really play into the strategy of this one at all. Some of these prospects may (and probably will) fizzle out, and you have no clue where you'll be picking. You stick with your board this year and deal with next year when the time comes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Givony: "Spurs and Grizzlies have significant interest in Carter."

2024 NBA draft rankings - Jonathan Givony's top 100 prospects - ESPN
    Glad people are finally really looking at this kid as I think he is one of the top 4 best defenders regarding Guards/Forwards coming out of this draft - Carter, Howard, Castle, and Dunn, are all all great defenders but none come close to him right now on the offensive side of the ball.

Also, I think both can play off the ball so I can definitely see line ups of Castle and Carter playing together which would be a tough combo for other teams offensive and a legit NIGHTMARE when include Wemby into the mix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Risacher, then. I have very little doubt you can get a better wing at any time. Remember that this is a guy who was mocked in the teens before the season -- and then nearly everyone before him collapsed. He still should be in the teens. I say that in all honesty. Last year, he would have been drafted around the Gradey spot -- and Gradey is better.
    Only 51% joking when I say this... but maybe Toronto will give us Gradey for their pick back. I'd take that deal.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst case scenario: Atlanta takes Risacher, Washington falls in love with Castle, and Houston takes Sarr who falls into their lap. That would probably put the Spurs in a tough spot, provided they aren't fans of Dillingham as I believe to be the case.
    So they could take Sheppard then. The team desperately needs shooting.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way are there any good shotblockers mocked in the 2nd round? If we address SF and PG with #4 and #8 we should look to draft a C at #35. All we really need there is a rebounding shotblocker who can roll to the rim and is somewhat mobile to replace Collins long term.
    Castle can guard the 1-3 and Sochan the 2-4 so that is a nice way to deal with teams with two scoring wings and or guards. Castle/Sochan also a nice counter our main obstacle, large PGs Doncic and SGA.

Agreed that if a nice PF is there at 35 that could be worth a shot. It’s a need we have to address in 25 otherwise.
    Take a look at https://tankathon.com/players/ulrich-chomche

He was recently mocked at 38, but I think he's not having a good combine so he's actually mocked to our 48 pick right now.

6'11.5" (barefoot i think) PF/C with a 7'4" Wingspan. He's faster and more agile than Edey. Per 36min he had: 10.8 reb, 4.0 ast, 3.2 blk, 1.6 stl, 15.6 pts... and 8.4 attempts at 3pt and hitting those at 38%. He's a 3&D PF.

Big negative is the 6 turnovers and the fact that he doesn't have a go-to midrange move. In the video I watched of him, he had a tough time deciding whether to shoot or float the ball so he ended up doing something in-between.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 51% joking when I say this... but maybe Toronto will give us Gradey for their pick back. I'd take that deal.
    A Castle-Gradey backcourt would be pretty interesting tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He was recently mocked at 38, but I think he's not having a good combine so he's actually mocked to our 48 pick right now.

6'11.5" (barefoot i think) PF/C with a 7'4" Wingspan. He's faster and more agile than Edey. Per 36min he had: 10.8 reb, 4.0 ast, 3.2 blk, 1.6 stl, 15.6 pts... and 8.4 attempts at 3pt and hitting those at 38%. He's a 3&D PF.

Big negative is the 6 turnovers and the fact that he doesn't have a go-to midrange move. In the video I watched of him, he had a tough time deciding whether to shoot or float the ball so he ended up doing something in-between.
    Those stats are also for only 3 games. Could be a Wiseman type thing, looks like a world beater in a micro sample.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they could take Sheppard then. The team desperately needs shooting.
    Well, yeah, sure, there's plenty of guys you can take. My point is I see that as quite a drop going forward, in terms of talent or fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, yeah, sure, there's plenty of guys you can take. My point is I see that as quite a drop going forward, in terms of talent or fit.
    IDK I like him on both talent and fit. I don't think he's much of dropoff from Castle or Risacher, though I like Dillingham a little better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wouldn't mind him as a project. I don't really care if he's a jump shooter or not. He should just be a good rim protector and make the easy buckets on offense. Anything above that is a plus.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’m aware of him he’s a good example of a roll the dice prospect at 35. I’m not sure the level of compe ion African developmental league?

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK I like him on both talent and fit. I don't think he's much of dropoff from Castle or Risacher, though I like Dillingham a little better.
    I rate Dillingham/Castle/Risacher higher than Sheppard. I don't mind him at 8 if we took one of the others before though, he's a good fit but I like the ceiling of the others better and I'd be disappointed if he's our first pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rate Dillingham/Castle/Risacher higher than Sheppard. I don't mind him at 8 if we took one of the others before, though, he's a good fit but I like the ceiling of the others better.
    Yeah Sheppard is more a high floor guy than someone with a good ceiling. Castle's ceiling is sky high but depends on the team fixing his jumper like they did Kawhi's or he's Tre Jones plus defense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, there aren't as many options for solid defender PG or top PG than there are for SF in next year's draft.
    The demand is very low though. It is more likely a PG drops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just for s and Gigs I looked at the box score on the game between UCONN and Providence to see how Devin carter did… 24 points 15 rebounds 4 assists pretty freaking solid against that stout UCONN Def.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Latest tankathon mock:

4: Topic
    8: Knecht

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Washington can't decide between Risacher and Topic, then #4 for Bilal Coulibaly.

Bonus: Coulibaly was better last year than Risacher now, will always be a better player, and would cost a bit less per year.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, Castle won't work out for the Spurs because we have Tre Jones as our nominal starter?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, Castle won't work out for the Spurs because we have Tre Jones as our nominal starter?
    I too noticed some idiot posted that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why Castle makes sense for the Spurs. If they can land this kid next year. Castle, Traore and Vassell would make a solid three guard rotation backcourt.
    Unless Wemby gets injured and misses the whole season he's out of Spurs's reach unfortunately

He'll end up top3 at worst imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah highly doubt that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington hangs up the phone laughing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless Wemby gets injured and misses the whole season he's out of Spurs's reach unfortunately

He'll end up top3 at worst imo
    Atlanta will be worse next year than last year. Their inclination is going to be to stand pat, but they’d probably be better trading Young and getting what they can than running it back 100% the same. They were a bit better without him and with DJ running the show.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta should quit the Trae Young business asap in a vacuum. They tried Murray to get Young off ball. He didn't go for it. Nothing left to explore other than continued mediocrity. But we have their picks and the East is still kinda weak compared to the West so probably a play in team next year but not tanking. Anyway. Still glad we have their pick.

Thread Information