Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m telling you what the law is. I don’t accept homework from people on this forum. In California,the legal age of consent is 18. She also wasn’t 17, she was 16.

Do you think that Giddey and company pride her off because they weren’t afraid of legal consequences?
    California is also one of a handful of states that allow for a "mistake of age" defense (citation below).

One thing you can be certain of on this forum, the more confident exstatic is in his position, the higher the likelihood that he's wrong.

https://www.keglawyers.com/statutory...nal-code-261-5

Reasonable belief victim was over 18 years oldOne of the most common defenses includes making an argument you had a belief the victim was not a minor at the time of sexual intercourse. Perhaps you believed they were over 18, but simply incorrect.
    Unlike most sex crimes, a good-faith belief the alleged victim was over 18 is a defense to statutory rape.
    When using this type of defense, there are several important factors we can use to support your belief, such as:

• Statements made by the alleged victim that she was over 18 years old
    • Victims clothes and overall general physical appearance
    • The location where you met the alleged victim, such as a bar
    Also, I know Giddy is 19 and she was 16, but depending on their birthdays (if less than 3 years apart), this would be a misdemeanor offense (if not for the Mistake of Age defense, which would reasonably succeed if the case were tried). If more than 3 years, it can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on cir stances and the defendant's criminal history. If charges were brought (again, absent of the likely-to-prevail Mistake of Age defense), this case would likely be a misdemeanor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know I can count on spurs talk to have statutory rape experts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his flaws was exposed when he wasnt playable in the playoffs, just another player making up the numbers on the floor running up and down with 6 handy fouls

Thread Information