Page 336 of 390 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386 ... LastLast
Results 8,376 to 8,400 of 9733
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing what the Spurs have recently valued though with positional size and length, my prediction would be Castle and Cody Williams as the most likely combination to be taken.
    I see it the same way and add the criteria positional versatility potential. Of course both have open questions what position they will finally be able to play in the NBA, but there is the upside, that both develop into that swiss army knife player type that you can put into any line up a coach wants to play. That‘s an underrated value when thinking about a long season with all the unavoidable injuries and fatigue.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if the Spurs took Castle at 4, Carter would be too redundant, as fun as that defense would be. Dillingham at 8 is probably the correct move.

Seeing what the Spurs have recently valued though with positional size and length, my prediction would be Castle and Cody Williams as the most likely combination to be taken.

If that did go down and the two guys developed appropriately, Spurs-Thunder would be absolutely epic in a couple years

Chet vs Wemby
    Jalen vs Cody
    SGA vs a guy custom built to stop him
    Dort vs Sochan to see who could be hated more by the opposing fanbase

If the spurs could sign a random teenage girl to play point guard, NBA media would explode on the spot
    I think Dilly is trending to land outside of the top 10....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dilly falling like Nick Smith Jr but without the injury

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all the talk of the Spurs being interested in Castle or Sheppard or Salaun, keep in mind that the front office is known to have faked interest in prospects in the past to throw the scent away from their real targets. One recent example that comes to mind is Jalen Smith in 2020, when they really wanted Devin Vassell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BW loves combine darlings. If Clingan falls to 8, I wonder if the call is made to OKC to trade Clingan to them for #12 which would be Devin Carter and Denver's top 5 protected first in 2027.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's still a month to go. #nbadraft types are giving each player a moment and holding up scraps of information to the sunlight. Top of the draft may be trying to generate interest in trades. Other teams may be hiding what they're doing. Charlotte and Detroit are only now putting their front offices together. We're not even sure who's been worked out where. Fans are still obsessing over combine measurements.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BW loves combine darlings. If Clingan falls to 8, I wonder if the call is made to OKC to trade Clingan to them for #12 which would be Devin Carter and Denver's top 5 protected first in 2027.
    This gets repeated a lot. Other than Primo, when has this been the case?

And I don't see OKC and SAS trading with each other anytime soon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Screw the 27 FRP send us Chip back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad people are finally really looking at this kid as I think he is one of the top 4 best defenders regarding Guards/Forwards coming out of this draft - Carter, Howard, Castle, and Dunn, are all all great defenders but none come close to him right now on the offensive side of the ball.

Also, I think both can play off the ball so I can definitely see line ups of Castle and Carter playing together which would be a tough combo for other teams offensive and a legit NIGHTMARE when include Wemby into the mix.
    Not potent enough offensively.

This is your weekly reminder that the Atlanta hawks defensive rating was WORSE when Dejounte was on the floor vs Trae young on the floor
    The Spurs were rumored interested and there's this thing called offense that this team is worse at than defense and the former is more important period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The PG situation in this draft is quite strange.

There are 4 PGs in the top10: Dilingham, Sheppard, Castle and Topic. They all have at least one obvious major flaw like lack of size, being a poor defender, weak outside shoot... After these 4 PGs, there is Devin Carter, who is older, without a major flaw and who is obviously not as talented.

Spurs must decide, among the top4 PGs, which are the ones with flaws that can be fixed or mitigated by their qualities. At #8 there should have 1 or 2 of the top4 PGs left. If Spurs view them as too flawed, Devin Carter makes a lot of sense. Personally, I would take Devin Carter over Sheppard and Topic.

Spurs love forever RobinsontoDuncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There are 4 PGs in the top10: Dilingham, Sheppard, Castle and Topic. They all have at least one obvious major flaw like lack of size, being a poor defender, weak outside shoot... After these 4 PGs, there is Devin Carter, who is older, without a major flaw and who is obviously not as talented.

Spurs must decide, among the top4 PGs, which are the ones with flaws that can be fixed or mitigated by their qualities. At #8 there should have 1 or 2 of the top4 PGs left. If Spurs view them as too flawed, Devin Carter makes a lot of sense. Personally, I would take Devin Carter over Sheppard and Topic.
    I’m not sure I agree with the assessment that Devin Carter has a lower ceiling than Sheppard or Castle. He is older, sure, but with his measurable athleticism and rapid improvement I think he has a very high ceiling and a higher floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting bits in this Wasserman piece from today about movement since the combine:

https://www.nba.com/news/bleacher-re...est-mock-draft
    Nice tidbit at the end about AJ Johnson. I hope the Spurs take him with one of their second round picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well you automatically eliminate Gilli and Reed just with that...

And I agree with you Castle is the clear obvious choice, his shot is better than Kawhi's at the same stage for ex

Carter is a VERY close 2nd tho, I disagree on the "obviously not as talented", he's just more experienced and I like it a lot (same reason JDub was underrated 2 drafts ago)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the same players, but when you think of Dillingham in terms of what his impact in the NBA could be you think of Dame Lillard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sure I agree with the assessment that Devin Carter has a lower ceiling than Sheppard or Castle. He is older, sure, but with his measurable athleticism and rapid improvement I think he has a very high ceiling and a higher floor.
    He gives some Derrick White vibes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the same players, but when you think of Dillingham in terms of what his impact in the NBA could be you think of Dame Lillard
    If Dillingham hits, he's a star with the same kind of threat Lillard gives, yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carter is a VERY close 2nd tho, I disagree on the "obviously not as talented", he's just more experienced and I like it a lot (same reason JDub was underrated 2 drafts ago)
    It's hard to compare them given than Carter is 2 to 3 years older then the other players. When he was a college freshman, Carter wasn't as good as Castle, Dilingham and Sheppard. That's a big reason why he is projected as a mid first round pick while the 4 other PGs are in the top10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another great game by Risacher in a win with 21 points and 8 rebounds in 31 minutes. Serie between Monaco and Bourg is tied 1-1. Monaco has some injuries but it is a great win for his team.

If I'm Spurs, I would offer #4 + Bulls pick to Washington for #2 to draft Risacher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher might really be playing himself to that number 1 pick for the hawks tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This gets repeated a lot. Other than Primo, when has this been the case?

And I don't see OKC and SAS trading with each other anytime soon.
    Samanic to name one

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if the Spurs took Castle at 4, Carter would be too redundant, as fun as that defense would be. Dillingham at 8 is probably the correct move.
    Don't see drafting two PGs as the correct move when you can only give good minutes to one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Season is over for Dadiet and Nunez in Germany with Ulm. I've watch the end of the last game, Dadiet wasn't playing and Nunez was quite invisible. The level of this game quite disappointing. MVP was the beautiful Zac Seljaas:

Dadiet and Nunez can still withdraw their name before the deadline on June 16th. If they stay in the draft, both are legit options at #35.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if Mr Body would still rather take Furphy at 18 than Risacher at 4 or whatever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another great game by Risacher in a win with 21 points and 8 rebounds in 31 minutes. Serie between Monaco and Bourg is tied 1-1. Monaco has some injuries but it is a great win for his team.

If I'm Spurs, I would offer #4 + Bulls pick to Washington for #2 to draft Risacher.
    Sad thing is if the Spurs offer this, Washington knows that they need to draft Risacher.

Thread Information