Page 337 of 390 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 9733
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another great game by Risacher in a win with 21 points and 8 rebounds in 31 minutes. Serie between Monaco and Bourg is tied 1-1. Monaco has some injuries but it is a great win for his team.

If I'm Spurs, I would offer #4 + Bulls pick to Washington for #2 to draft Risacher.
    I doubt he's there at #2..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Full highlights btw

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another great game by Risacher in a win with 21 points and 8 rebounds in 31 minutes. Serie between Monaco and Bourg is tied 1-1. Monaco has some injuries but it is a great win for his team.

If I'm Spurs, I would offer #4 + Bulls pick to Washington for #2 to draft Risacher.
    Pretty impressive busting Monaco's ass like that. Probably need to offer Atlanta #4, the Chicago pick, and call off the 26 swap if they want Risacher though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if Mr Body would still rather take Furphy at 18 than Risacher at 4 or whatever
    For value, probably.

You guys jack it to Risacher all you want. He's still the same player he was a week ago. A couple good games is great for him, but he's still a role player who got hot. Still no self creation, etc. The rebounding is a surprise. I guess he realized he had to hustle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt he's there at #2..
    Maybe you're right.
    From what draft "journalists" are saying, it will be either Sarr or Risacher for Hawks.
    I would say Sarr makes more sense for them with Capela slowing down. Sarr has had a great combine.
    Risacher might be an option especially if they aren't confident on De'Andre Hunter long term health.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you're right.
    From what draft "journalists" are saying, it will be either Sarr or Risacher for Hawks.
    I would say Sarr makes more sense for them with Capela slowing down. Sarr has had a great combine.
    Risacher might be an option especially if they aren't confident on De'Andre Hunter long term health.
    I just think they're going BPA regardless of fit and Risacher is becoming the consensus BPA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care about the age difference, I'd rather Carter over Castle. Better shooter (though there's some question as to the legitimacy given the lack of track record and middling free throw %), athlete and players bigger, as shown by his superior "event creation" numbers.

He reminds me of George Hill and De'Anthony Melton, an archetype that usually exceeds expectations (albeit alongside a big guard/wing primary ball handler).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good breakdown of our draft options:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe that’s why Brian Wright looked so obviously disappointed when the Spurs were announced at #4. He might have wanted Risacher.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care about the age difference, I'd rather Carter over Castle. Better shooter (though there's some question as to the legitimacy given the lack of track record and middling free throw %), athlete and players bigger, as shown by his superior "event creation" numbers.

He reminds me of George Hill and De'Anthony Melton, an archetype that usually exceeds expectations (albeit alongside a big guard/wing primary ball handler).
    Carter is a top ten player in this draft imo but not top 10 prospect. Really high on him being able to contribute day 1. Love him as a player. I couldn’t believe how him and McCain were mocked in the late 1st/early 2nd in January.

In regards to Carter, I can definitely understand how one would have him over Castle but Castle to me has a much higher ceiling on both ends and offers a higher floor than he was able to showcase at UConn. I love how Castle was able to experience ( and flourish) in Hurley’s advanced NBA style of motion offense and be a fluid threat off the ball as an advanced cutter, connective passer, & screener — something that will mesh well in a Victor centric style of offense with Vic having the ball even more moving forward. Castle displayed a high IQ and high processor as a connective cog and I think he has a lot more to show with the ball on the next level. The knee issue with Castle played a role in his shooting this year. With more time, , his work ethic, Jimmy Baron, Spurs development, and with his good touch I’m buying his shot becoming a real threat.

I’ve personally heard Spurs are high on Reed and there’s been real whispers about Castle being up there as well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad Risacher won't be there at #4. Warming up a bit to Castle at #4 especially if the Spurs aren't that excited or indifferent between Reed and Sheppard. Just don't like the spacing and wasn't Sochan brought in for a similar role of defense + playmaking? Also a bit tired of Spurs drafting non 3 pt shooters thinking they can turn them into 3 pt shooters. Spurs are already loaded with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For value, probably.

You guys jack it to Risacher all you want. He's still the same player he was a week ago. A couple good games is great for him, but he's still a role player who got hot. Still no self creation, etc. The rebounding is a surprise. I guess he realized he had to hustle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher is clearly the best prospect in this draft. Always had him at the top of my board, but now there's no way he falls to us at #4. I definitely want a big in the 2nd round.

*edit: just seen he's mocked around #22

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    13. Devin Carter | PG/SG | Providence

6-4 | Age: 22.1 | Previously ranked: 17

Carter has significant momentum as he's in the midst of an outstanding month that has him knocking on the door of the draft lottery. He measured well and tested as arguably the best athlete in this draft at the combine, posting historic figures that included a 42-inch vertical leap and shuttle and sprint times that put him in elite company. Carter also had one of the best pro day showings we saw in either Chicago or Los Angeles, putting his Olympic-level athletic ability on full display and knocking down 30-foot pull-up jumpers with ease, as he did all season at Providence.

Teams looking for immediate backcourt help, starting with the San Antonio Spurs at No. 8 and the Memphis Grizzlies at No. 9 have significant interest in Carter, as his draft stock may continue to climb in the next month as he gets into private workouts. -- Givony
    Carter is starting to feel like the next Primo-esque pick for this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher is clearly the best prospect in this draft. Always had him at the top of my board, but now there's no way he falls to us at #4. I definitely want a big in the 2nd round.

*edit: just seen he's mocked around #22

You (and many others) will be wrong about this one tbh. Risacher is today’s news and tomorrow’s mistake. He will be overshadowed by most of everyone in next year’s draft and people will want to bench him for a better player as soon as people notice the lack of a dynamic player in the lineup.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carter is starting to feel like the next Primo-esque pick for this team.
    If you mean a reach, then maybe. But if you think a guy is going to be good at 12, there's no reason to not take him at 8 if there's no one in between.

If you mean playing style/development, Carter is much more like J-Will or Podz as a player who finally clicked after a few years in the NCAA. Primo was a freshman who was showing signs of promise throughout conference play at Alabama.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You (and many others) will be wrong about this one tbh. Risacher is today’s news and tomorrow’s mistake. He will be overshadowed by most of everyone in next year’s draft and people will want to bench him for a better player as soon as people notice the lack of a dynamic player in the lineup.
    Everyone in this years draft is going to be overshadowed by next year's draft. He's not the only one and he's the best this draft has to offer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If someone get‘s desparate about the recent developments and needs a different look at the draft projections, you can listen to Leif Thulin and his latest big board.
    he has Dillingham at #1, then Sarr, Castle, Holland, Risacher, Clingan, Topic, Salaun……..(I stopped at this point). well, nice, we would end up with Risacher and Sheppard if we follow this, but I think he needs to rethink this and he should blow his nose on occasion.
    but on a more serious note, I think we can stop discussing Risacher, he will be gone and I fear there also won‘t be a trade up scenario to get him. Spurs might rather orchestrate a trade for Bilal Coulibaly.
    so, the more unlikely it gets that Spurs draft Risacher, the more likely Castle will be the main target and we need to worry that he will be picked top 3, probably by WAS at #2.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carter is a top ten player in this draft imo but not top 10 prospect. Really high on him being able to contribute day 1. Love him as a player. I couldn’t believe how him and McCain were mocked in the late 1st/early 2nd in January.

In regards to Carter, I can definitely understand how one would have him over Castle but Castle to me has a much higher ceiling on both ends and offers a higher floor than he was able to showcase at UConn. I love how Castle was able to experience ( and flourish) in Hurley’s advanced NBA style of motion offense and be a fluid threat off the ball as an advanced cutter, connective passer, & screener — something that will mesh well in a Victor centric style of offense with Vic having the ball even more moving forward. Castle displayed a high IQ and high processor as a connective cog and I think he has a lot more to show with the ball on the next level. The knee issue with Castle played a role in his shooting this year. With more time, , his work ethic, Jimmy Baron, Spurs development, and with his good touch I’m buying his shot becoming a real threat.

I’ve personally heard Spurs are high on Reed and there’s been real whispers about Castle being up there as well.
    Fair enough (agree on McCain), but to me everything changed with Wembanyama.

Since it's no longer a typical re-build, I'm no longer interested in projects unless the ceiling is sky high and I don't see it with Castle.

I see a high bust rate archetype (rare that any of them become good enough shooters for the defense to respect, a threshold that continually increases) and a team that's needed it badly for the better part of a decade and continues to bank on and fail in being able to fix/develop it, but never seems to learn their lesson.

Let someone else take the plunge and select more of a sure thing like Sheppard or Carter.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't see drafting two PGs as the correct move when you can only give good minutes to one.
    Pop is looking to recreate "The Beautiful Game" and handling the ball and passing is a premium. If you got SG height and can pass, then that helps.

Need to think the traditional PG position is sooooo yesterday and we need as many ball handlers we can get. Height and ball handling= perfect mix!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to compare them given than Carter is 2 to 3 years older then the other players. When he was a college freshman, Carter wasn't as good as Castle, Dilingham and Sheppard. That's a big reason why he is projected as a mid first round pick while the 4 other PGs are in the top10.
    I agree and that's why I used the JDub ex, who also wasn't as good before his junior season

Considering Wemby's advance wouldn't it be better to have a PG with an advanced development rather than one much younger one?

Carter would be more ready to contribute especially on offense, their defense being close as well as their overall ceiling

Just wondering tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody is talking about next year's draft. We are talking about this year. Risacher is by far BPA and would instantly start on the Spurs with Champagnie moving to the bench. I can't say that about any other prospect right now aside from maybe Dillingham and he's #2 on my board.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you guaranteed me Sheppard plus Castle right this second I’d probably go for it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious question for anybody thinking of drafting Dalton Knecht at 8 - what is it about him that sets him apart from Baylor Scheierman in the second round? This isn't a question of value or anything, but like are we actually sure that Knecht is going to be a better pro than Scheierman? Both are 23 year old decent sized wings and white guys who led top college teams, Scheierman's a little taller, Knecht is a little longer. Knecht scored more on higher volume, but I would argue Scheierman projects as a better shooter, better rebounder, and better passer. Scheierman has also been doing very well in the combine. What am I not seeing that you guys are? Is the thought process that Knecht is a good enough bucket getter to play a high usage role and be a volume scorer in the NBA? Knecht is easily my least favorite prospect in the top 10 right now but I'm willing to be convinced.

Thread Information