Page 338 of 390 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388 ... LastLast
Results 8,426 to 8,450 of 9733
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad Risacher won't be there at #4. Warming up a bit to Castle at #4 especially if the Spurs aren't that excited or indifferent between Reed and Sheppard. Just don't like the spacing and wasn't Sochan brought in for a similar role of defense + playmaking? Also a bit tired of Spurs drafting non 3 pt shooters thinking they can turn them into 3 pt shooters. Spurs are already loaded with them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious question for anybody thinking of drafting Dalton Knecht at 8 - what is it about him that sets him apart from Baylor Scheierman in the second round? This isn't a question of value or anything, but like are we actually sure that Knecht is going to be a better pro than Scheierman? Both are 23 year old decent sized wings and white guys who led top college teams, Scheierman's a little taller, Knecht is a little longer. Knecht scored more on higher volume, but I would argue Scheierman projects as a better shooter, better rebounder, and better passer. Scheierman has also been doing very well in the combine. What am I not seeing that you guys are? Is the thought process that Knecht is a good enough bucket getter to play a high usage role and be a volume scorer in the NBA? Knecht is easily my least favorite prospect in the top 10 right now but I'm willing to be convinced.
    Knecht is more athletic and projects as a better shooter. Scheierman is a great value at 35 though. One of the things I like about Knecht though os that he's been 'the guy' on his team as opposed to a role player. Obviously either would be a role player here, bit having taken the bigger shots gives Knecht a decisive edge. I've got him 7 on my Spurs board and I've got Scheierman as the top of the 2nd round.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knecht is more athletic and projects as a better shooter. Scheierman is a great value at 35 though. One of the things I like about Knecht though os that he's been 'the guy' on his team as opposed to a role player. Obviously either would be a role player here, bit having taken the bigger shots gives Knecht a decisive edge. I've got him 7 on my Spurs board and I've got Scheierman as the top of the 2nd round.
    Thanks! That's helpful. I disagree that Knecht projects as a better shooter as his FT% has hovered in the high 70's the last few years whereas Scheierman has been around the mid 80's. Knecht had a slightly higher 3pt% whereas Scheierman had a slightly higher 3 pt volume this past year. If you look at their numbers historically over the last 3 years Scheierman crushes him in volume and medium-volume accuracy. I see your point about athleticism though, and I guess you are weighing Knecht's athleticism and volume scoring against Scheierman's overall offensive production. I don't have a big board, but see them as very similar prospects personally who should go somewhere in the early-mid 20s, but your explanation definitely helps me understand where you're coming from!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm torn between Reed & Sheppard
    Reed at 4 Sheppard at 8 or vice versa?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see TaT has us taking Topic and Knecht with Castle, Dilly, Salaun, and Williams still on the board at 8...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something I’ve been thinking more about recently:

If Clingan falls out of the Top 3, are we sure the Spurs pass on him if he’s still at 8? Are we certain they’ve turned the page on “viewing Jakob as the perfect fit” next to VW?

He might well be BPA there, and Collins isn’t long for the roster. But also, MIN showed a template to beat DEN that the Spurs could replicate by drafting Clingan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Season is over for Dadiet and Nunez in Germany with Ulm. I've watch the end of the last game, Dadiet wasn't playing and Nunez was quite invisible. The level of this game quite disappointing. MVP was the beautiful Zac Seljaas:
    Dadiet and Nunez can still withdraw their name before the deadline on June 16th. If they stay in the draft, both are legit options at #35.
    What are your thoughts on Dadiet? He seems like one of the more interesting upside swings that could be available around the 35th pick. Would a draft & stash for another year in Europe be an option, or would he want to go to the NBA immediately?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If Clingan falls out of the Top 3, are we sure the Spurs pass on him if he’s still at 8? Are we certain they’ve turned the page on “viewing Jakob as the perfect fit” next to VW?

He might well be BPA there, and Collins isn’t long for the roster. But also, MIN showed a template to beat DEN that the Spurs could replicate by drafting Clingan.
    If he's on the board at 8 he's got to be seriously considered..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With Memphis perceived to want a Stephen Adams replacement, someone might want to snake up and grab him first. I'd take suitors.

As for keeping him, I don't mind going for strict role-players, but might prefer Filipowski in terms of skillset. I think last year showed that Wembanyama struggles next to a big.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it is possible to take both with a single pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You (and many others) will be wrong about this one tbh. Risacher is today’s news and tomorrow’s mistake. He will be overshadowed by most of everyone in next year’s draft and people will want to bench him for a better player as soon as people notice the lack of a dynamic player in the lineup.
    I don't think most people here are mistaking Risacher for a future superstar, but rather a player with a defined and sought after skill set in today's NBA (off ball, low usage 3&D wing with good positional size) who, despite having just turned 19, has already proven to be productive and efficient at a higher level of basketball than most lottery prospects, and is one of the easier to project at the next level.

In regards to shooting, so far Risacher is upwards of 42.4% from 3 on good volume (3.4 3PA per game) with a large enough sample (made 70/165 threes, for reference both Sheppard and Dillingham took 144), with a fast and high release and good mechanics. On the defensive end he seems active and smart, at the very least he should be a good team defender though I'm not 100% sold on his lateral speed or how well he's going to hold up against more athletic and physically imposing wings. Even if he's mostly a catch and shoot guy rather than an iso scorer or creator, he moves the ball well and, despite claims to the contrary, actually can put the ball on the floor some.

Is he the kind of player you'd normally aspire to draft with a top 4 pick? Probably not, but just because he isn't PG13 that shouldn't disqualify him, in a class where it isn't obvious anybody else is. At the end of the day, guys who play both ends of the floor and can score efficiently on low usage are always welcome on a winning team, if he ends up a bigger Cam Johnson with a bit higher upside that's a valuable player to have and likely to end up one of the better players from this class when it's all said and done.

Maybe he ends up overshadowed by many top picks in next year's draft, but none of us has any idea if the Spurs are going to be able to get hold of them. The near future of the Spurs, Atlanta, Chicago and Charlottte is up in the air and it's contingent upon many things, we could end up picking 12 and 16 (no Chicago or Charlotte pick) with no guarantees of finding such better player, or we get to pick 1,2,11 and who we took in this draft becomes an anecdote. But we shouldn't assume what's going to happen next year to make a decision now.

All in all, he seems like a pretty sensible pick that could be a good short term fit and, at the very least, good store of value in the long term. There are higher upside prospects who may end up unplayable or extremely expensive in terms of playing time and role, so he's one of a few in my shortlist for the Spurs (along with Dillingham and Castle, followed by Buzelis).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the top 3 are Sarr/Risacher/Sheppard I’d be glad to move down from 4 to 9 so Memphis can get Clingan. They send us a future 1. We take Dillingham at 8 anyway and then a wing at 9 like Cody/Holland/Salaun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the top 3 are Sarr/Risacher/Sheppard I’d be glad to move down from 4 to 9 so Memphis can get Clingan. They send us a future 1. We take Dillingham at 8 anyway and then a wing at 9 like Cody/Holland/Salaun
    In that scenario I'd much rather take Castle at 4 than downgrade to either of Cody/Holland/Salaun for a distant Memphis pick that isn't likely to be good.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im cool with that,But i think theres a good chance he falls to them anyways.Think they just wait it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just GOD NO Salaun or Topic. Both are sure busts. Book it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I doubt Clingan gets to 8, but at that point it's a value play. Select him and either shop him or (they won't do this) pay to get off of Collins (Hornets 1st and multiple 2nds max).

Keep an eye on the Pistons. Maybe they go Buzelis (agent is the son of their Vice President) or despite hiring Langdon as the POBO there's probably a mandate from Gores (owner) to start winning sooner than later, so they might go with a more likely instant contributor like Clingan or even Knecht.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man if Reed is there at 4 I can't pass it up. But even if I take Reed, if Sheppard is still there at 8... I think I take them both. Having Reed and Sheppard out of this draft would be a haul, but I don't know how they can share the court together... they seem redundant to each other... almost identical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Another Zhang Bang!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Another Zhang Bang!

that fake ass “reporter” with 200 followers and a stock photo as his profile pic doesn’t know . Just some kid trolling from mom’s basement. Prob someone on this board tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone explain to me why Clingan gets rated above Edey? There’s regular posts about Clingan possibly going top 3 and Edey rarely mentioned even in the lottery. At the combine Edey was bigger, faster, more agile, a better shooter. Plus he dominated their matchup in the NCAA championship.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt Clingan gets to 8, but at that point it's a value play. Select him and either shop him or (they won't do this) pay to get off of Collins (Hornets 1st and multiple 2nds max).

Keep an eye on the Pistons. Maybe they go Buzelis (agent is the son of their Vice President) or despite hiring Langdon as the POBO there's probably a mandate from Gores (owner) to start winning sooner than later, so they might go with a more likely instant contributor like Clingan or even Knecht.
    Knecht seems like the best fit there. He's adds shooting that they need and he's ready day 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that fake ass “reporter” with 200 followers and a stock photo as his profile pic doesn’t know . Just some kid trolling from mom’s basement. Prob someone on this board tbh.
    Without a doubt. I had to post it because it’s hilarious. He casts such a wide net, anyone in the top 10 is a Spurs target

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without a doubt. I had to post it because it’s hilarious. He casts such a wide net, anyone in the top 10 is a Spurs target
    being a "source" in the NBA is just flinging handfuls of and hoping it sticks lol I want to know their hit/miss rate. As always, a very unserious industry. You just know these Spurs content creators scrape these parts for material. Let's give them more asinine projections like picking Knecht at 4. I hear the Spurs are highly interested because he's old, white, and a shooter.

Thread Information