Page 1611 of 1624 FirstFirst ... 61111111511156116011607160816091610161116121613161416151621 ... LastLast
Results 40,251 to 40,275 of 40598
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    calf-tats’ mom/boss!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    (continued from above by your's truly)

[[[The hairdresser has chosen to pre-empt the choice and volunteered, becoming one of six men to be interviewed at the Da Vinci Wolves Battalion’s recruitment center in Kyiv that day. The office is housed in an ordinary residential building, hidden from the outside world. Inside though, the walls are decorated with photos and big banners showing the logo of the battalion, a drawing of three teeth-baring wolves inside a stylized Ukrainian trident. The unit’s recruitment slogan is “Everyone will fight” and the recruiter’s laptop is covered in stickers, one of them saying “Your pack is waiting for you.”

RELATED ARTICLEUkraine’s parliament scraps demobilization plans in bid to boost military

Ukraine has made no secret of the urgent need to recruit more people as it tries to defend itself against the Russian aggression. While the government doesn’t reveal the number of dead and wounded, estimates made by experts speak of hundreds of thousands of casualties on both sides of the conflict since Russia launched its full-scale invasion in February 2022.]]]

(to be continued)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    (continued from above.)

[[[One Ukrainian commander who asked not to be named for security reasons said the personnel shortages are having devastating effects on the battlefield.

“If there had been 1,000 to 1,500 more servicemen in Avdiivka, we would have protected the weak spots through which the enemy entered. … If we had more people, we would have held out much longer,” he told CNN of the eastern industrial city, which fell to Russian forces in February after Ukraine held it for more than a decade.
    Making the case for a new mobilization, Yurii Sodol, the commander of the Joint Forces of Ukraine’s military, told Ukrainian lawmakers last month that Russian troops outnumbered Ukrainian “seven to 10 times” in eastern Ukraine.
    This lack of personnel is putting immense pressure on those who are already serving.
    “The war is still going on and mobilization is essential. People who have been fighting for two years are tired. Some are going crazy,” said Yaroslav Galas, who is currently serving with the 128th Mountain Assault Brigade.
    “Soldiers need proper rest for several months. They need to heal, relax and forget. They need to spend the money they have earned with sweat and blood, to solve their economic and personal issues,” he told CNN.]]]

(to be continued toot sweet.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Day 825 of putler's 3-5 day SMO

On par with the US and Chyna

Miles long convoy

They won't take the roads

Odessa

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Day 825 of putler's 3-5 day SMO

On par with the US and Chyna

Miles long convoy

They won't take the roads

Odessa
    Been waitin' on ya, son...

Soldiers in Ukraine say US-supplied tanks have made them targets for Russian strikes

Exclusive by Nick Paton Walsh, Mick Krever, Kosta Gak and Brice Laine, CNN

5 minute read
    Published 8:01 AM EDT, Wed May 29, 2024

Eastern UkraineCNN —
    Ukrainian crews working on US-supplied Abrams tanks have told CNN of a series of the weaknesses and flaws with the armored vehicles, calling into doubt their utility on the war’s ever-changing frontlines. The donation was announced by US President Joe Biden as evidence of the United States’ “enduring and unflagging commitment to Ukraine.”
    CNN journalists were the first reporters to see the M1 Abrams in Ukraine, at a location in the country’s east, where around six vehicles were visible, hiding in the foliage.
    Crews trained in Germany said the vehicles – the US military’s main $10 million battle tank used in Iraq against Saddam Hussein’s forces and insurgents – lacked armor that could stop modern weapons.
    “Its armor is not sufficient for this moment,” said one crew member, callsign Joker. “It doesn’t protect the crew. For real, today this is the war of drones. So now, when the tank rolls out, they always try to hit them.”
    His colleague, Dnipro, added they are the “number one target.”
    “Without defense, the crew doesn’t survive at the battlefield,” he said.]]]

(to be continued)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ukraine!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    + 'em hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dark Brandon strikes again!!!!

Biden gives Ukraine permission to carry out limited strikes within Russia using US weapons

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Biden gives Ukraine permission to carry out limited strikes within Russia using US weapons
    - "Promises, promises."

- Ernie "The Cat" Ladd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Saw that. The news from the HIMARS crews is that they now have plenty of ammo.

Seen more than as small uptick in russian going BOOM in the rear areas. I can't wait to see more in russia turned into smoking craters.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Been waitin' on ya's children...

{continued from above)

[[[The crew showed CNN their attempts to affix active armor to one damaged tank. They used plates of plastic explosive that, when hit by a round, detonate and provide a protective counter-blast.
    All 31 Abrams deployed to Ukraine are engaged near the frontline in the east, according to officials in the 47th Mechanised Brigade, who took receipt of them all. The Ukrainian request for Abrams, complex and heavy tanks, sparked significant debate in early 2023, as the American vehicle has a complex supply chain. Some versions even run on jet fuel.
    Pentagon officials said in April that the Abrams were pulled back from the frontline due to the threat of Russian attack drones, although the 47th said some were still in action, despite the deficiencies that had materialized.
    Much of the Ukrainian frontline is now dominated by the use of self-destructing attack drones, tiny and accurate devices that can swarm infantry and even cause significant damage to tanks. The advent of these so called First-Person Vision (FPV) drones, flown by soldiers wearing gaming goggles, has changed the nature of the war, limiting movement and introducing a new element of vulnerability to armored vehicles.
    This Ukrainian crew have learned of the Abrams’ limitations the hard way, in pitched battles around the town of Avdiivka, which Russia finally took control of in February. A driver lost a leg when the armor was penetrated. Yet it is not just innovation that is hamstringing the tanks — they appear to have technical issues too.]]]

(to be continued)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putler resupplying Ukraine with working tanks

tanks or mechanized garden sheds?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/sweden-an...070754071.html

Sweden gives radar surveillance planes to Ukraine air force

--Command and control planes for the new F-16 fleet we are gonna give them.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

cope garage

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Let us proceed...

...from above...

[[[One, parked under a tree, was almost immobile during CNN’s visit, due to an engine problem, the crew say, despite the vehicle having just been shipped in from Poland. They also complain of how, in rain or fog, condensation can fry the electronics inside the vehicle.
    CNN has reached out to the Pentagon for comment.

Ukrainian troops repair an American-supplied Abrams tank.
    Mick Krever/CNN

Ammunition is also a problem, like elsewhere on the Ukrainian frontline. They say they seem to have the wrong type for the fight they are in.
    “What we have is more for direct tank-to-tank fights, which happens very rarely,” Joker said. “Much more often we work as artillery. You need to take apart a tree-line or a building. We had a case when we fired 17 rounds into a house and it was still standing.”
    The tank’s poor performance has been mocked by Russian analysts, dubbing them “empty tin cans.” One model was captured by Russian forces and, damaged, paraded in Red Square.]]]

(to be continued)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sure, it blends well in a trash heap but it really looks like a West Virginia Billi-Bob special mullet tank: business in the front and party in the back!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will get worse. They will have to move planes a bit farther back. At some point, UKR is going to get some newer AA missiles. I can't wait to see more russian falling out of the sky into smoking heaps.

UKR long term drones have hit things a thousand plus miles inside Russia, and that is just the first generation of long range UKR drones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, it blends well in a trash heap but it really looks like a West Virginia Billi-Bob special mullet tank: business in the front and party in the back!
    These things just don't have any visibility. You could walk up to the side with a magnetic mine and boom it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not really helping them much. The new arty ammo means that they will be shooting mines on the roads behind them, so as they retreat they will hit mines.

Best estimates I have seen on casualty rates gives them this year to be the year they start running out of old soviet surplus equipment. The burn rate is faster than they can produce for every single thing in their arsenal.

Seen estimates for some of their more widely used APC models that say mid-year for exhausting that surplus, with most of the rest of the equipment within 12 months.

They are losing 20-30+ arty systems a day, so while they may have all the s s their tubes can fire, their tubes are being worn out and destroyed far faster than they can replace them. UKR's new round of arty s s and HIMARS ammo is gonna play .

Additionally, we are strarting to see drone on drone dogfights, with fighter drones taking out the RUS orlan surveilance drones.

The drone-space air war is heating up, UKR gets the current edge there, with RUS plodding along developing capability. It is a race, but UKR seems to be managing to stay a step ahead.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It will get worse. They will have to move planes a bit farther back. At some point, UKR is going to get some newer AA missiles. I can't wait to see more russian falling out of the sky into smoking heaps.

UKR long term drones have hit things a thousand plus miles inside Russia, and that is just the first generation of long range UKR drones.
    These things just don't have any visibility. You could walk up to the side with a magnetic mine and boom it.

Not really helping them much. The new arty ammo means that they will be shooting mines on the roads behind them, so as they retreat they will hit mines.

Best estimates I have seen on casualty rates gives them this year to be the year they start running out of old soviet surplus equipment. The burn rate is faster than they can produce for every single thing in their arsenal.

Seen estimates for some of their more widely used APC models that say mid-year for exhausting that surplus, with most of the rest of the equipment within 12 months.

They are losing 20-30+ arty systems a day, so while they may have all the s s their tubes can fire, their tubes are being worn out and destroyed far faster than they can replace them. UKR's new round of arty s s and HIMARS ammo is gonna play .

Additionally, we are strarting to see drone on drone dogfights, with fighter drones taking out the RUS orlan surveilance drones.

The drone-space air war is heating up, UKR gets the current edge there, with RUS plodding along developing capability. It is a race, but UKR seems to be managing to stay a step ahead.
    Been waitin' on ya, son...

(continued from above)

[[[NATO “would never” use the Abrams tank the way the Ukrainian military has to use it, a Ukrainian soldier who uses the moniker “Joker” said.
    Mick Krever/CNN

The Ukrainian crew expressed frustration the tanks were made for a NATO style of warfare, in which air power and artillery prepare the battlefield before tanks and infantry advance. Kyiv has long bemoaned its lack of artillery and air power.
    “They would never do it,” Joker said, of NATO soldiers undertaking the same advances they make without air support. He switched to English to mimic a NATO soldier: “‘Call the aviation, call the artillery,’” he said. “We have no aviation and artillery. We have only tank. And it’s the problem.”
    A spokesperson for the Ukrainian defense ministry told CNN that “Ukraine is now testing and improving equipment that was not initially prepared for our war.”
    “We are asking all countries to support us with equipment of any technical capacity levels. We use all of it accordingly,” the spokesperson added.
    Biden’s decision to supply the Abrams came after European allies pledged to send their own battle tanks in early 2023 ahead of Ukraine’s failed summer counteroffensive last year, a step that had been deemed unthinkable months earlier.]]]

(to be continued...you couldn't stop me with silver bullets and a wooden cross.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This dude is done

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

This dude is done

& he's right, so is Putin. It's war, it's no GD good fellowship bull that MSM proposes it is. Treat it that-a-way. It's not daycare.

Thread Information