Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand why people want to waste the #4 pick on a bench player. How about swinging for somebody with a little more potential?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I look at it this way, could any of these top draft picks replace our starters on day 1 ?
    Dalton Knecht could replace Champagnie on day 1...and would pretty much guarantee us 10-15 more wins.

If "replacing a starter on day 1" is a determining factor...than there's your #4 pick. Immediate impact.

https://youtu.be/4WhUyjfkp0Q?si=EYfx_niClk22b9mH
    Last edited by SouthernFryd; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:33 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dalton Knecht could replace Champagnie on day 1...and would pretty much guarantee us 10-15 more wins.

If "replacing a starter on day 1" is a determining factor...than there's your #4 pick. Immediate impact.

That pick plus a shooting point guard. Welcome post season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't see him doing well in the NBA. I think at the NBA level he will be stuck as a very undersized SG who will be a below average defender.
    He just doesn't have the skillset to be a primary playmaker and what he does defensively won't translate well against better opponents.

Off course, it's just my opinion and I might be wrong. It would make me damn y to say otherwise. There are reasons why he is viewed as a good/great prospect by a lot of people.
    You could ask basketball analyst Vitale about that

https://www.espn.ph/mens-college-bas...etball-point-g treeuards-2023-24

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't know about that. Even adding Wemby didn't add 10-15 more wins. In fact Wemby + a healthy Vassell added zero wins vs last season which means the rest of the team regressed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know about that. Even adding Wemby didn't add 10-15 more wins. In fact Wemby + a healthy Vassell added zero wins vs last season which means the rest of the team regressed.
    not that cut and dry.

wemby's mins restricted, vassell missed games in November.

record would've been better had both been full go from day 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not that cut and dry.

Pop's senile line ups. Needing 2 months to figure out starting Tre Jones at PG is the right move.

record would've been better if we had a different coach
    FIFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree Knecht could easily replace Champ, but then on what other team would Champ be starting ? Champ was a nice pickup but was a starter mostly due to cir stance or lack of overall team talent. Knecht could replace him no doubt. At #8 Knecht would be a decent pick, at #4 I don't know.
    Last edited by jjspur; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:42 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he was also a proven winner and NBA champion.
    He wasn’t when he was drafted by Phoenix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmer went in the lottery right?
    Jimmer never passed the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheppard has a 42-inch verticle. The same as Dominique Wilkens and one inch more than Julius Erving and Allen Iverson. Let that sink in for a moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheppard has a 42-inch verticle. The same as Dominique Wilkens and one inch more than Julius Erving and Allen Iverson. Let that sink in for a moment.
    I like him but dude blatantly cheated tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him but dude blatantly cheated tbh
    Agree. Realistically, he's probably got an 8'1" standing reach and a 38-39 inch vertical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever the situation with the standing reach test, it's still the case that Sheppard has hops. Same thing happened with Podziemski last year-- most of the initial scouting reports questioned his athleticism, and then he recorded a 39" vertical... and then made the All NBA Rookie First Team. At this point, you gotta take a lot of the Eye Tests with a grain of salt, as they often amount to nothing more than repeating cliches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is going to be repeated until the end of time.

The Sheppard camp with genius level work there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever the situation with the standing reach test, it's still the case that Sheppard has hops. Same thing happened with Podziemski last year-- most of the initial scouting reports questioned his athleticism, and then he recorded a 39" vertical... and then made the All NBA Rookie First Team. At this point, you gotta take a lot of the Eye Tests with a grain of salt, as they often amount to nothing more than repeating cliches.
    Podziemski is also 3 inches taller and has a 2.5 inches longer wingspan. Completely different story if you're 6'4'' with a 6'5.5'' wingspan instead of 6'1'' with a 6'3'' wingspan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Podziemski is also 3 inches taller and has a 2.5 inches longer wingspan. Completely different story if you're 6'4'' with a 6'5.5'' wingspan instead of 6'1'' with a 6'3'' wingspan

True, but I'm just talking about athleticism, not size. Lots of pre-draft analyses went with the standard "they lack athleticism" trope on both of them. Also, Podz is playing SG, and Sheppard in his best case scenario would play PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's kinda funny that you're fudging the numbers in both directions to make your point. Podz measured 6'3.75" and you're calling it 6'4", while Sheppard measured 6'1.75" and you're calling it 6'1".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do yall think his ceiling maybe along the lines of a Brent Barry or nah?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't see it, he's a lesser Doug McDermott. 10-15 win improvement from one player would require getting someone like Cooper Flagg in 25 or AJ Dybantsa in 26.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really warming on Castle. His size, defense and ability to get to the hoop give him a very high two way floor. His two floor is arguably the best in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor didn't even get us 10-15 more wins but Dalton Knecht will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's kinda funny that you're fudging the numbers in both directions to make your point. Podz measured 6'3.75" and you're calling it 6'4", while Sheppard measured 6'1.75" and you're calling it 6'1".
    to be fair I didn‘t look up Sheppard‘s measurements when I posted this, I just went from memory. Y‘all should use the metric system, it’s much easier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to be fair I didn‘t look up Sheppard‘s measurements when I posted this, I just went from memory. Y‘all should use the metric system, it’s much easier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is going to be repeated until the end of time.

The Sheppard camp with genius level work there.
    As Churchill said: 'A lie gets halfway around the world before truth puts on its boots.'

Honestly I'm not even mad, wonder if that kinda savvy translates on the court

Thread Information