Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looked like Luca said "Go home !" Wonder if he was talking to a fan or someone in the Wolves organization.
    He was yelling right at Rudy after he hit that three. That was fun.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looked like Luca said "Go home !" Wonder if he was talking to a fan or someone in the Wolves organization.
    that was to a fan that was talking to him all game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Dallas wins we have to hear monostrodomos constant bloviating…only reason I want them to lose
    Last edited by ismael-robert; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:56 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Dallas wins we have to hear monostrodomos constant locating…only reason I want them to lose
    If Porzingis actually comes back, then I got the Celtics as a lock to win it all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that was to a fan that was talking to him all game.
    gotta admit it was a badass dagger from Luka and I don't condone the chirping but you earned yourself the right to bark I suppose and it is entertaining swagger to a degree

still, makes me miss Manu Ginobili who used to hit those big shots and walk to the bench with a straight face and trying to struggle out of celebrating teammates grasp lol maybe every now and then just throwing one simple fist pump with that grimace on his face but none of this squawking other guys do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah what is the status on KP

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DPOY Gobert is the 3rd best defensive big in this series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gobert really should give Wemby back his DPOY

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Jordan Edwards not barking and talking lately….
    Yet you don't have a problem with Doncic doing it?

I can't stand Edwards and Jokic was my favorite player until Wembanyama, but this is one of the many problems with basketball discourse today.

You've got many white and white adjacent people pushing their agenda on the one hand and on the other hand you've got many black people from the inner city pushing theirs.

If Porzingis actually comes back, then I got the Celtics as a lock to win it all.
    It's all about Doncic's health (and to a far lesser extent, Kleber), since he's the lone superstar remaining and he has enough talent/fit around him.

The only reason I didn't pick them to win the championship was/is because of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing dudes like Gafford and Lively getting lob after lob... only if Wemby had a dude who could suck in the defense and knows how to lob...
    This forum (and Reddit even moreso) is full of so-called basketball fans who say such plays for Wemby are simply impossible, too. It's been indirectly great watching Lively and co. get lob after lob that all these ' s said not even Wemby could handle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moar corrupt NBA bullshyte at critical time, less then one minute left in Game 2:

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet you don't have a problem with Doncic doing it?

I can't stand Edwards and Jokic was my favorite player until Wembanyama, but this is one of the many problems with basketball discourse today.

You've got many white and white adjacent people pushing their agenda on the one hand and on the other hand you've got many black people from the inner city pushing theirs.

It's all about Doncic's health (and to a far lesser extent, Kleber), since he's the lone superstar remaining and he has enough talent/fit around him.

The only reason I didn't pick them to win the championship was/is because of that.
    Nope. No problem at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. No problem at all.
    Way to be consistent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couldn't happen to a better group

Old boy dropping the DX chop.
    Respect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old boy dropping the DX chop.
    Respect.
    Is that supposed to be popping the neighbors cat or what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to Boston for keeping the pressure on but....

Pathetic choke by Indy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clearly a blocking foul on Jrue Holiday vs Nemblard. Feet moving AND got him with the body.

What a ty way to gift the turnover to the Celtics.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gorbetr shouldn't of been out there. Falls on coach. He can't guard out on the perimeter. From what iv read they wanted to force luca into a 2..As soon they switched Luca toyed with an off balance Gobert who started backpedalling giving Luca all the room in t he worl to shoot that 3. There's vids out there showing McDaniel who got switched looking upset before Luca shot that 3. I was like that's game before he shot it

Dumb D by the 4x DPOY.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way to be consistent.
    Edwards has not done - ever
    and he was talking to the defending champs who had played with class and accepted the loss

Among other y behavior before he has proven anything…

and i just dont like him

not crazy about luka over celebrating- but at least he has done before and gobert and mcdaniels and other t wolves have shown some pretty aggressive fouling and borderline dirty play

so im giving luka a pass after imposing his will

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edwards has not done - ever
    and he was talking to the defending champs who had played with class and accepted the loss

Among other y behavior before he has proven anything…

and i just dont like him

not crazy about luka over celebrating- but at least he has done before and gobert and mcdaniels and other t wolves have shown some pretty aggressive fouling and borderline dirty play

so im giving luka a pass after imposing his will
    So now how you conduct or comport yourself has to do with what you've accomplished? Sounds like an excuse to give the white guy a free pass for similar behavior to the black guy . . . but I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with race.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now how you conduct or comport yourself has to do with what you've accomplished? Sounds like an excuse to give the white guy a free pass for similar behavior to the black guy . . . but I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with race.
    He just gave you the reasons why.

I'm sure yours doesn't have anything to do with race.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just gave you the reasons why.

I'm sure yours doesn't have anything to do with race.
    Not if you can read, you'd know it doesn't. I said I can't stand Edwards, Jokic was my favorite player pre Wembanyama and the discourse in this league has turned toxic on this subject on both sides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said I can't stand Edwards,
    So it's okay for you to "can't stand" Edwards, but heaven forbid if Spurs Homer or anyone else finds Edwards acting the ass these playoffs off putting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Listening to a Timberwolves-centric podcast and the cope accidentally accidentally had an opposite effect for me

A quick excuse early in the show was about how Luca was 25 and Edwards 22, that the Mavs had been working on this for years and that's how their defense was so connected on a string and why Luca was so dominant: the experience of Dallas basically, guys who had been together with tons of experience unlike the innocent puppies

But it was basically B.S. because the Mavs have some of the least time playing together you'll ever find, if anything it means Kidd with his staff has become the best coach in the league. Maybe it's all Sweeney as the defensive coordinator, but Kidd is in charge so he gets the credit.

The main players other than Luca:

Irving only played 20 games last year and 58 regular season games this year, not a lot of chemistry time
    Gafford traded for this year, only 29 regular season games. (age 25)
    Washington traded for this year, only 29 games (age 25)
    Jones Jr, first season with the team (age 27)
    Lively II, rookie who had an injury the second half of the year (age 20)
    Josh Green only 23

These aren't grizzled veterans who could step into any defense beyond Kyrie This isn't a core of players who grew up together over years and years and just had seasons of chemistry

These guys barely know each other and have barely played together. But have been coached up to deliver.

That leaves no excuses for other teams to have a bad defense. Sure, maybe other teams don't have Luka to close for them, but the defense should be working for every team that is properly coached with decent personnel.

If the Spurs aren't playing legit defense next year with everyone on a string, it's all coaching

Thread Information